09-20-2016 07:51 PM
78 1234
tools
    I had to turn off my phone, it was really really hot. ....I am typing this on my non explosive Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 😆
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-19-2016 12:38 PM
    My "Fast Charging" is not seeming so fast after this new update.
    09-19-2016 12:48 PM
    My "Fast Charging" is not seeming so fast after this new update.
    Hard to know what they're doing, but it wouldn't surprise me if the charging speeds got throttled too. All efforts to keep things from going "poof" on the potentially defective phones.
    09-19-2016 12:51 PM
    No one will see the green icon unless they have a replacement unit. All IMEIs prior to those will be blacklisted, so your icon will remain white. It seems the 60% cap isn't in that update, either (and nope, it won't show 100% instead of 60).
    09-19-2016 12:56 PM
    Yea, the fast charging is pretty slow now.
    I'm at 63% so I still think it will go to 100% at a snails pace.
    09-19-2016 12:57 PM
    Have you looked to see if the fast charge toggle is greyed out? Or is it still toggled to fast charge and just really slow now
    09-19-2016 01:02 PM
    I think the real test for the cap, will be how fast the battery drains after it's been charged to "100%". I kind of agree that even if the cap is in place, it will read at 100% rather than an actual indicator of 60% to give you the impression that the battery is "Full". Also considering if it stays at 60%, people will likely leave it on the charger longer, thinking it's going to reach 100%. But the only real way to tell if the battery is limited, is how fast that "100%" of a full 60% battery gets used up.
    Averix likes this.
    09-19-2016 01:02 PM
    Mine got quite warm. But cooled down quick after update. Haven't had a chance to notice the battery changes yet if there is any. Even if they did make it just charge to 60% i can deal with it for a day and half or 2 days.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-19-2016 01:03 PM
    Have you looked to see if the fast charge toggle is greyed out? Or is it still toggled to fast charge and just really slow now
    Mine is not greyed out. Bout to try fast charging now
    09-19-2016 01:06 PM
    Tmobile Central Florida - Nothing. But that isn't a surprise, as slow as they are to respond to anything*
    09-19-2016 01:08 PM
    After update my battery was 77% it's been 15 minutes charging and it's at 91%
    09-19-2016 01:23 PM
    I think the real test for the cap, will be how fast the battery drains after it's been charged to "100%". I kind of agree that even if the cap is in place, it will read at 100% rather than an actual indicator of 60% to give you the impression that the battery is "Full". Also considering if it stays at 60%, people will likely leave it on the charger longer, thinking it's going to reach 100%. But the only real way to tell if the battery is limited, is how fast that "100%" of a full 60% battery gets used up.
    We already had this snafu before, and I can assure you, they won't go through it again (S2, I believe... and some other phones with signal strength). If they're capping the battery at 60%, it will say 60%.
    09-19-2016 01:25 PM
    No, it's not greyed out. The fast charging does seem slower now with this new update.
    09-19-2016 01:25 PM
    Tmobile Central Florida - Nothing. But that isn't a surprise, as slow as they are to respond to anything*
    T-Mobile has been usually the first to release updates and security patches with the latest Samsung phones, though. So nope, they're not 'slow to respond' with these. This time, however, they got 'beat' by Verizon, obviously.
    09-19-2016 01:26 PM
    We already had this snafu before, and I can assure you, they won't go through it again (S2, I believe... and some other phones with signal strength). If they're capping the battery at 60%, it will say 60%.
    I'm not saying they absolutely did it... but If they did do it, as you stated, they had this problem before. And I think it's safe to say that Samsung has learned from past mistakes. Considering the current situation, I think it is very much possible, that the scenario I suggested could be in place.

With that being said, considering the "update" specifically stated that if it was not an affected device, the battery indicator would change to green. I would also think that if they were in fact actually going to cap the battery, they would list that in the message as well, or at least publish it in any kind of change log for the update in question versus the previous version.
    09-19-2016 01:33 PM
    T-Mobile has been usually the first to release updates and security patches with the latest Samsung phones, though. So nope, they're not 'slow to respond' with these. This time, however, they got 'beat' by Verizon, obviously.
    This maybe by area. Because if you research the updates that some verizon members and ATT members received out of the box vs. what we received - they were extremely late. As well there was the issue of T-Mobile just approving nougat when it was stated that ATT and Verizon did it sometime ago. (This is something I heard on this forum and XDA). Now, we could be happy to think it was because they were QC the update OR they are not as quick to get the updates going as some would think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way, I am hoping that they are taking the extra steps to QA the "big update" but wish they would also work on some adjustments to the lag and many other issues.
    09-19-2016 01:40 PM
    Just got this

09-19-2016 01:44 PM
    New message or did you get the similar one last week? Also, not going to ask why you're looking at pictures of Farrah Fawcett (?) :P hehe
    EMGSM, keepnitreel and lv2bsilly like this.
    09-19-2016 03:08 PM
    Considering my T-Mobile S7 Edge is on the July 1 security update, they've slowed down.
    09-19-2016 03:13 PM
    Not if it's the only green blemish on your whole theme! If there were other elements that matched, then OK, but having just ONE element in bright green is probably not the best thing to have staring at you all the time.
    Seems a small price to pay....
    09-19-2016 03:44 PM
    Seems a small price to pay....
    I would have rather have them print something discrete on the rear plate (by the IMEI) or a specific option in the Settings (we have Android Version and Security Patch level, why not add a Battery Safety to the Battery Status report?). Not messing with the aesthetics of the OS.
    French, sandra_17 and lv2bsilly like this.
    09-19-2016 04:30 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to share all this info!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-19-2016 05:57 PM
    I've been trying to download it but sitting at 2% for over 20 minutes. Fine by me...maybe it's stuck. My phone isn't getting warm. I have the exploding version.
    09-19-2016 06:06 PM
    If I were Samsung the next OTA I sent after this one would disable all functionality, including charging, except for emergency calls. But there's only so many emergency calls you can make before the battery runs out and it's time to replace.
    09-19-2016 06:17 PM
    I really wish they wouldn't let users have a choice and just gimp the phones automatically. Why would anybody not want to comply with the recall? For something that may pose a risk of injury or property damage Samsung and the Feds need to be heavy-handed and should treat all defective IMEIs as stolen phones. People have had two weeks to return their phones for refunds or exchange them for loaners while they wait for the replacement so no excuses, especially now that the replacements are coming within the next few days.

Hell people even had an incentive to return their old phones and get a loaner as there is a promotion for a free Gear VR or 256GB card if you bought a S7 or S7E. The exchange process is essentially a return/re-purchase so you would get approved.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-19-2016 06:22 PM
78 1234