09-20-2016 07:51 PM
78 ... 234
tools
    I really wish they wouldn't let users have a choice and just gimp the phones automatically. Why would anybody not want to comply with the recall? For something that may pose a risk of injury or property damage Samsung and the Feds need to be heavy-handed and should treat all defective IMEIs as stolen phones. People have had two weeks to return their phones for refunds or exchange them for loaners while they wait for the replacement so no excuses, especially now that the replacements are coming within the next few days.

Hell people even had an incentive to return their old phones and get a loaner as there is a promotion for a free Gear VR or 256GB card if you bought a S7 or S7E. The exchange process is essentially a return/re-purchase so you would get approved.
    Unfortunately, 8 out of 10 of us have not returned them for various reasons (according to that article on the home page of Android Central today)... so it's not as cut & dry as you might think.

For me, it was not until TODAY that my "authorized(?)" independent reseller finally figured out HOW to do my exchange, and was able to actually place an order for me. I had to call Samsung a few days back, and tell them I was being denied a replacement for them to get involved. SUPPOSEDLY, I'll have a new one in 1-2 days, but considering Samsung is 300,000 short... well, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I get one of the first 500,000.

And now, my order confirmation actually came from Verizon (the first time ever, because I've always used this reseller before), so somehow they wound up having Verizon order it for me. I was not offered a loaner, but told if I got an S7, that "sometime in the future after all other GN7's had been replaced", I could then exchange for another GN7... Not good enough, as I use mine for business. (I was not offered the freebie incentives you mentioned, either, but it wouldn't have made a difference.)

92 incidents out of 2.5 million phones is what? 99.99632% of phones have had no problem? This, versus the problems crippling our phones actually WOULD cause people??? It would be a little different if replacements had been readily available, but that's not the case.

Don't get me wrong... I've been actively pursuing a replacement, and will go to my store as soon as it comes in. But I'm not hysterical about it, either.

99.99632%... gimme those odds in Vegas any day...
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-20-2016 06:24 PM
    Unfortunately, 8 out of 10 of us have not returned them for various reasons (according to that article on the home page of Android Central today)... so it's not as cut & dry as you might think.

For me, it was not until TODAY that my "authorized(?)" independent reseller finally figured out HOW to do my exchange, and was able to actually place an order for me. I had to call Samsung a few days back, and tell them I was being denied a replacement for them to get involved. SUPPOSEDLY, I'll have a new one in 1-2 days, but considering Samsung is 300,000 short... well, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I get one of the first 500,000.

And now, my order confirmation actually came from Verizon (the first time ever, because I've always used this reseller before), so somehow they wound up having Verizon order it for me. I was not offered a loaner, but told if I got an S7, that "sometime in the future after all other GN7's had been replaced", I could then exchange for another GN7... Not good enough, as I use mine for business. (I was not offered the freebie incentives you mentioned, either, but it wouldn't have made a difference.)

92 incidents out of 2.5 million phones is what? 99.99632% of phones have had no problem? This, versus the problems crippling our phones actually WOULD cause people??? It would be a little different if replacements had been readily available, but that's not the case.

Don't get me wrong... I've been actively pursuing a replacement, and will go to my store as soon as it comes in. But I'm not hysterical about it, either.

99.99632%... gimme those odds in Vegas any day...
    ive never lost money in vegas.

i dont gamble; hence i shut mine down and returned it ASAP, and went back to the S7 Active i had before. For now.
    09-20-2016 07:17 PM
    As soon as I plugged in the charger that safety warning popped right up again.
    Weird.. I just plugged in my New replacement Note 7, and have not received the pop-up yet.

Edit, it appeared when I was asleep. Going Green now. All good.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:51 PM
78 ... 234