Has anyone done the update that is still using the old note 7?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, No new green icons for my original Note 7 after the update.
Now to charge it and see if it is gimped to only 60%

You may not know. It could have changed the charge amount to 60%=100%, so even though the display shows 100% it would only really be 60%. I guess you'll find out by how fast it drains.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Carlo, you have the replacement or original phone?

This update is very slow installing. :-\

If your phone did not blow up before it just might while getting this update. This is the hottest I've ever felt this phone.:(

Hope this does not brick my phone.
I still have the original explosive Note7, it got really hot 😈

Icon after update...
9f381b6dd8d90908d6134f0aad9928ac.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No one will see the green icon unless they have a replacement unit. All IMEIs prior to those will be blacklisted, so your icon will remain white. It seems the 60% cap isn't in that update, either (and nope, it won't show 100% instead of 60).

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Yea, the fast charging is pretty slow now. :-\
I'm at 63% so I still think it will go to 100% at a snails pace.

I think the real test for the cap, will be how fast the battery drains after it's been charged to "100%". I kind of agree that even if the cap is in place, it will read at 100% rather than an actual indicator of 60% to give you the impression that the battery is "Full". Also considering if it stays at 60%, people will likely leave it on the charger longer, thinking it's going to reach 100%. But the only real way to tell if the battery is limited, is how fast that "100%" of a full 60% battery gets used up.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Mine got quite warm. But cooled down quick after update. Haven't had a chance to notice the battery changes yet if there is any. Even if they did make it just charge to 60% i can deal with it for a day and half or 2 days.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the real test for the cap, will be how fast the battery drains after it's been charged to "100%". I kind of agree that even if the cap is in place, it will read at 100% rather than an actual indicator of 60% to give you the impression that the battery is "Full". Also considering if it stays at 60%, people will likely leave it on the charger longer, thinking it's going to reach 100%. But the only real way to tell if the battery is limited, is how fast that "100%" of a full 60% battery gets used up.

We already had this snafu before, and I can assure you, they won't go through it again (S2, I believe... and some other phones with signal strength). If they're capping the battery at 60%, it will say 60%.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile Central Florida - Nothing. But that isn't a surprise, as slow as they are to respond to anything*

T-Mobile has been usually the first to release updates and security patches with the latest Samsung phones, though. So nope, they're not 'slow to respond' with these. This time, however, they got 'beat' by Verizon, obviously.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
We already had this snafu before, and I can assure you, they won't go through it again (S2, I believe... and some other phones with signal strength). If they're capping the battery at 60%, it will say 60%.

I'm not saying they absolutely did it... but If they did do it, as you stated, they had this problem before. And I think it's safe to say that Samsung has learned from past mistakes. Considering the current situation, I think it is very much possible, that the scenario I suggested could be in place.

With that being said, considering the "update" specifically stated that if it was not an affected device, the battery indicator would change to green. I would also think that if they were in fact actually going to cap the battery, they would list that in the message as well, or at least publish it in any kind of change log for the update in question versus the previous version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante