09-23-2016 03:49 AM
53 123
tools
    guess they dident want 2.2 million calls to reset samsung pay.
    So true!
    09-20-2016 01:17 PM
    I used all but $2 from my $20 gift card, so I was prepared to kiss it goodbye, but I tried restoring the card anyway. I tried twice, and got an error message both times, but shortly after that I got a notification that my $2 gift card had been successfully added and the card now shows up in my card deck.

Way to go Samsung!
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-20-2016 02:46 PM
    I used all but $2 from my $20 gift card, so I was prepared to kiss it goodbye, but I tried restoring the card anyway. I tried twice, and got an error message both times, but shortly after that I got a notification that my $2 gift card had been successfully added and the card now shows up in my card deck.

Way to go Samsung!
    So that was a card restore on your replacement phone?
    09-20-2016 03:26 PM
    The 2.3 update that I posted a screen shot of, now has the ability to restore the Samsung gift card once you sign in..
    But you probably figured that out already..

Fyi: Don't forget, there's another $10 for using Samsung pay on the new N7 too
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    09-20-2016 08:41 PM
    The 2.3 update that I posted a screen shot of, now has the ability to restore the Samsung gift card once you sign in..

Thanks for the great post.
    Hope to get the new 7 to collect the $10 use SP all the time.
    09-20-2016 08:47 PM
    The $0.34 cents I had remaining was successfully restored in my new replacement Note 7! Now to find a gumball machine that takes Samsung Pay!
    skatergirl and Serkle K like this.
    09-20-2016 08:50 PM
    The $0.34 cents I had remaining was successfully restored in my new replacement Note 7! Now to find a gumball machine that takes Samsung Pay!
    Use the Samsung pay and get the $10 for using it on the new Note 7 for rhe first time..... If you want to get rid of the whole $10.34 at once. Go to a gas station and go inside and ask for the reaming balance on the pump....
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-20-2016 08:55 PM
    I had $.02 left on my card and it automatically moved over to the new phone today. As soon as I set up Samsung Pay it came over.
    09-20-2016 09:14 PM
    Yes indeedy.
    09-20-2016 09:43 PM
    Is the $10 s7 edge promo over
    09-20-2016 09:52 PM
    Never had the opportunity to spend my original gift card from Samsung. Did the exchange today at VZW. Got home and fired up Samsung Pay (after I added my various accounts under the accounts option including Samsung) and my Samsung gift card was there. Added my bank card and all is as it should be. Perhaps the difference is that I signed into my Samsung account before firing up Samsung Pay? Just a thought....
    09-20-2016 09:59 PM
    Never had the opportunity to spend my original gift card from Samsung. Did the exchange today at VZW. Got home and fired up Samsung Pay (after I added my various accounts under the accounts option including Samsung) and my Samsung gift card was there. Added my bank card and all is as it should be. Perhaps the difference is that I signed into my Samsung account before firing up Samsung Pay? Just a thought....
    It's the new update that now, automatically adds the gift card back.. Samsung more than likely added this because a lot of people need cards restored due to the recall.... Frees up the telephone lines for CSR's
    WalkingHorse and skatergirl like this.
    09-20-2016 10:44 PM
    That's wierd cause my balance I had left over on my other note 7 carried over and when I made my first purchase on the replacement another 10 dollars was added to the first promotion card they gave me
    09-20-2016 10:46 PM
    It's the new update that now, automatically adds the gift card back.. Samsung more than likely added this because a lot of people need cards restored due to the recall.... Frees up the telephone lines for CSR's
    So now I am thinking the reason why it took three weeks to get my $20 refilled was because Samsung was waiting until it had a good fix for the situation. Thank you for all the info. Now I will look forward to using the new phone and getting the new $10 and having $30 to go toward a nice dinner for husband and me.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:02 AM

I tried to get the $10 with my first purchase using Samsung Pay on my new note, and it didn't seem to register for that promotion. You think it's something worth calling Samsung Pay support over? I still have the $20 on my new Note too.
    09-22-2016 11:10 AM
    I tried to get the $10 with my first purchase using Samsung Pay on my new note, and it didn't seem to register for that promotion. You think it's something worth calling Samsung Pay support over? I still have the $20 on my new Note too.
    Same here also does anyone know how to get the $25 bill credit for replacing your note 7???
    09-22-2016 11:12 AM
    My $20 automatically came back after the update too.
    09-22-2016 11:13 AM
    Same here also does anyone know how to get the $25 bill credit for replacing your note 7???
    Your carrier is supposed to give it to u in a bill credit or money off accessories...If they tell u otherwise that Samsung will handle it don't hold your breath
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-22-2016 11:14 AM
    Your carrier is supposed to give it to u in a bill credit or money off accessories...If they tell u otherwise that Samsung will handle it don't hold your breath
    Yeah, when I made my original return, I was told I'd still get the $25 bill credit from my carrier, but it would take 2-3 billing cycles to show up.

But I want the free $ from Samsung, LOL
    09-22-2016 11:20 AM
    Did the purchase show up in the transactions part of Samsung pay? If so, I would call....
    I had one transaction that went through and never showed up in the transactions part of SP... However it did debit from my bank account... Had to make a 4th purchase (instead of 3) to get the DD gift card
    mmsean and Serkle K like this.
    09-22-2016 11:21 AM
    I just set up Samsung Pay and the previous 10 buck bonus card showed but the 5 buck Dunkin' Doughnut didn't. Not a big deal.

But nice the other came back without having to call or email Samsung.
    09-22-2016 11:23 AM
    Did the purchase show up in the transactions part of Samsung pay? If so, I would call....
    I had one transaction that went through and never showed up in the transactions part of SP... However it did debit from my bank account... Had to make a 4th purchase (instead of 3) to get the DD gift card
    Yes, it's there. I even got a receipt for it in my email. I did get an error message about Samsung Pay too, and it prompted me to call their support line. Once I spoke with someone the rep said that sometimes the app and even the phone may need to be restarted because of the SP Access error. I will try to call them in a few minutes then.

Thanks!
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-22-2016 11:26 AM
    S7 and S7edge Samsung pay promo is $10. When I used SP yesterday for the first time on the loaner. I received the $10 card and it was the same card number as the N7 SP promo card. The card even included my previous transactions from the N7.... I would assume the balance from the previous promo will show up, once you make your first purchase with the loaner phone...
    That worked for me, thanks!
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-22-2016 11:54 AM
    I just used SP 3 times in a 15 min time frame the last purchase wouldnt take gave me a error, when I was walking away I got the confirm from my last purchase, so I thinking there was a delay with that and it caused the error.
    Normally I wouldn't make that many recent stops.
    09-22-2016 04:12 PM
    i received my replacement note 7. i logged into my Samsung account on my phone and synced it. Once i activated my samsung pay, my gift card automatically reappeared alone with my dunkin donut gift card.
    09-22-2016 08:47 PM
53 123