If you haven't used your $20 Samsung Pay Visa Gift card already.....

LL HUGH J

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't carry over when you swap for a new Note. SMH. Will still try to contact support to see if they can somehow still honor it.

Last edited:

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: If you hasn't used your $20 Samsung Pay Visa Gift card already.....

There was a thread about this but I guess it hasn't been active for some time now.. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=722122
I made sure I used all of mines before the switch.... best way to used up an odd balance is the go inside a gas station and ask for the exact balance on pump whatever

Edit: I also used up the $10 Samsung pay from the S7edge loaner....

ahhChu

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I spoke to support twice. The first time I wiped my phone and they were able to put the gift card back on my account remotely. The second time I contacted them in preparation of receiving my new N7 they said I can complete another promotion and the gift will include the original $20.

LL HUGH J

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

There was a thread about this but I guess it hasn't been active for some time now.. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=722122
I made sure I used all of mines before the switch.... best way to used up an odd balance is the go inside a gas station and ask for the exact balance on pump whatever

Edit: I also used up the $10 Samsung pay from the S7edge loaner....

Reading thread now.....this place moves so fast lol. Thanks for the reference point

I spoke to support twice. The first time I wiped my phone and they were able to put the gift card back on my account remotely. The second time I contacted them in preparation of receiving my new N7 they said I can complete another promotion and the gift will include the original $20.

Awesome news! Thanks! So there should be nothing to worry about then

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

It doesn't carry over when you swap for a new Note. SMH. Will still try to contact support to see if they can somehow still honor it.

This was something I was wondering too thabks for sharing.. that's crap if doesn't guess ill use mine on a new screen protector while waiting for a replacement

LL HUGH J

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Samsung will hopefully have a way to automate this, because they will get killed on support calls/tickets. But that's under the assumption that people have been holding on to there's and hadn't spent already

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I wiped my note7 to return it before I was able to use the $20. I called Samsung Pay support to ask a few questions, and they said as long as I have the original email, with the confirmation code, that I received when I first got the $20, then I can get it reissued when I get the new device.

ahhChu

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Awesome news! Thanks! So there should be nothing to worry about then

Yeah. Don't worry. It takes a few days to get the promotional card back but they reassured me I will not lose the card.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Here's a SS of the N7 $20 and the S7edge $10..... So the CSR is correct.
6a62ef426139deb5a0e5b61c1ee2c6f7.jpg

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I asked customer service and was put on hold for a bit before I was told that it's only active on that phone. I don't know if that means it's model and account specific because I was asking to move it to a Note 5 and they said it didn't seem possible. Just got my loaner s7 edge delivered. Is there a $10 specific to samsungpay on the s7?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I needed to have my card reissued after doing FDR a couple weeks ago. It took them 15 days to do it but they got it done and I used it right away because I had a loaner coming.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

This is false
If you call Samsung they can switch it to your new phone if you give them the IMEI...I called before asked and confirmed

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I asked customer service and was put on hold for a bit before I was told that it's only active on that phone. I don't know if that means it's model and account specific because I was asking to move it to a Note 5 and they said it didn't seem possible. Just got my loaner s7 edge delivered. Is there a $10 specific to samsungpay on the s7?
S7 and S7edge Samsung pay promo is $10. When I used SP yesterday for the first time on the loaner. I received the $10 card and it was the same card number as the N7 SP promo card. The card even included my previous transactions from the N7.... I would assume the balance from the previous promo will show up, once you make your first purchase with the loaner phone...

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

S7 and S7edge Samsung pay promo is $10. When I used SP yesterday for the first time on the loaner. I received the $10 card and it was the same card number as the N7 SP promo card. The card even included my previous transactions from the N7.... I would assume the balance from the previous promo will show up, once you make your first purchase with the loaner phone...

Thanks a bunch

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site

Maybe i got lucky, but after i used samsung pay on my new replacement note, i got a new Samsung gift card loaded. The balance was $30 ($10 promotion from the new note plus $20 from my previous note). So it's possible that once you use Samsung pay for the first time, everything loads appropriately. That was my experience at least.

daddyscooltv

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just did this and it actually worked..it restored my rewards card that I had on my original note 7 to my loaner S7 phone..I did have an update to the samsung pay app before I did this

20160920_085601.png

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Samsung may say the card will swap over, but when my app became corrupted Aug. 30 it took until YESTERDAY (Sept. 19) for Samsung to finally refill my card. I am going to use it before my replacement gets here. I don't feel like waiting another three weeks or more because of all these replacement phones firing up to get my money.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i got lucky, but after i used samsung pay on my new replacement note, i got a new Samsung gift card loaded. The balance was $30 ($10 promotion from the new note plus $20 from my previous note). So it's possible that once you use Samsung pay for the first time, everything loads appropriately. That was my experience at least.
That's just the way it works.... It's the same gift card associated with your previous phone and Samsung account.... I received the $20 from the N7 and $10 from the S7edge already....
But your post answered my question of what amount the replacement N7 would receive.... total of $40 bucks is not bad.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Use samsung pay all the time,just updated hope all these app updates transfur over and dont half to do again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01