09-22-2016 08:14 PM
52 123
tools
    You guys are really upset that the loaner free VR scam is in jeopardy of not working?

Lol. Samsung.com customers are still sitting in the dark with no loaner, no exchange program, no communication, nothing. The defective Note 7's are still in our posessions. We literally cannot get rid of them and have absolutely no idea when/if we will be able to replace them.

You all are so lucky. No complaining.
    I don't think your position on this is very good.
    Sure, have some perspective about the Notes that haven't been replaced. But to say that people shouldn't enjoy having their replacement and ask policy questions about their exchange because 100% of phones haven't been replaced is ridiculous. Should we all turn off our post-recall phones out of solidarity until all Notes have been replaced?

I get it. You haven't gotten a new Note. Sorry about that. But that doesn't mean that those of us that have don't get to move on to the next stages of ownership.
    09-21-2016 07:25 AM
    I could care less about the download content. I got my VR coming and got my N7 swapped yesterday. Now I just have to like this blue coral when I had black. That's my worst complaint. I would love to see a new promo that gives us the Gear s3 though.
    Shawn0813 and boufa like this.
    09-21-2016 07:42 AM
    I had my VR confirmed yesterday and today company said my Black N7 replacement has been shipped. I have the Edge loaner.

I had Coral Blue but went to Black after getting black loaner and loving it.
    09-21-2016 07:44 AM
    I had a free VR approved yesterday and I never had a loaner. I returned my original note to Best Buy over a week ago. Went to Sprint Monday and bought a new Note, registered for a free VR and they approved it.
    09-21-2016 08:03 AM
    I exchanged mine yesterday. However I got no receipt for doing so. Also when I logged into my Samsung account I didnt get the normal, "thanks for registering here is a 30% off coupon," email. Im sure they know these are replacements and the promo date will most likely start AFTER the global start date for normal sales.
    09-21-2016 08:11 AM
    I exchanged mine yesterday. However I got no receipt for doing so.
    If you bought it through your carrier, look for an online receipt via their site. I didn't receive a paper receipt when I exchanged at the Verizon store, but it's fairly easy to pull it up and download it as a pdf " their site.
    09-21-2016 08:25 AM
    I don't think your position on this is very good.
    Sure, have some perspective about the Notes that haven't been replaced. But to say that people shouldn't enjoy having their replacement and ask policy questions about their exchange because 100% of phones haven't been replaced is ridiculous. Should we all turn off our post-recall phones out of solidarity until all Notes have been replaced?

I get it. You haven't gotten a new Note. Sorry about that. But that doesn't mean that those of us that have don't get to move on to the next stages of ownership.
    Ok. The VR is for S7e and S7 owners. A loaner isn't an owner.

Y'all know that feeling when you figured this loophole out? That grin when the submission was approved? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

I'm not mad btw. Pillage Samsung all you can.
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:00 AM
    I get what you're saying, and mostly agree. But I returned my N7 for a *refund*, and then I *bought* an S7E. There was no loaner. Sure, there's a bit of gaming the system, but I think "scam" is a bit harsh.
    Hope you get your replacement (or new purchase ) soon!
    boufa likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:16 AM
    I get what you're saying, and mostly agree. But I returned my N7 for a *refund*, and then I *bought* an S7E. There was no loaner. Sure, there's a bit of gaming the system, but I think "scam" is a bit harsh.
    Hope you get your replacement (or new purchase ) soon!
    Cool. The title says "loaner" which is what I'm referring to. If you kept the phone completely, you are an owner. And thanks.
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:19 AM

Y'all know that feeling when you figured this loophole out? That grin when the submission was approved? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

According to my receipt from Verizon. I was absolutely the owner of the S7edge that I exchanged my recalled N7 for... I was refunded the cost of the N7 and charged the price of the S7edge plus tax.. I/we most definitely owned the phone for that particular time... However we had an option to keep it or exchange it if we chose....

Typed from my non exploding N7 with the green battery icon
    09-21-2016 10:23 AM
    According to my receipt from Verizon. I was absolutely the owner of the S7edge that I exchanged my recalled N7 for... I was refunded the cost of the N7 and charged the price of the S7edge plus tax.. I/we most definitely owned the phone for that particular time... However we had an option to keep it or exchange it if we chose....

Typed from my non exploding N7 with the green battery icon
    Lol k
    09-21-2016 10:23 AM
    I had a free VR approved yesterday and I never had a loaner. I returned my original note to Best Buy over a week ago. Went to Sprint Monday and bought a new Note, registered for a free VR and they approved it.
    Approved it using tje new note receipt?
    09-21-2016 12:45 PM

T-Mobile called it a loaner but they didn't have any problem making me sign a new EIP for $779 and making me fully accountable for the device. Samsung's own language says purchase or lease. Being an owner isn't a requirement.
    lizardchest and keepnitreel like this.
    09-21-2016 12:56 PM
    I exchanged my N7 for an S7E at Costco and submitted for a VR. It has been approved and is waiting for shipment. I asked the rep and Samsung if I should do it and they all said yes. I said I am going to return the phone as soon as a new N7 is available and Samsung said it doesn't matter, it's mine to keep. No scam here, save the sermon for Sunday morning.
    lizardchest and keepnitreel like this.
    09-21-2016 01:06 PM
    All the sales reps in store I've talked to have said it's all on the up-and-up to take advantage of both the N7 and S7 offers. The last guy I dealt with even recommended checking in on Samsung.com/promotions for the next week or so to see if they run another deal on the N7 that covers the purchase date of my 2nd N7. Samsung has to realize that they would build a lot of goodwill by letting N7 owners to take advantage of any and all deals.
    This is what I'm hoping for.
    09-21-2016 01:42 PM
    Approved it using tje new note receipt?

Yep, I used the new note receipt
    09-21-2016 01:56 PM
    using a different email to get this promotion?
    09-21-2016 03:21 PM
    using a different email to get this promotion?
    I don't think that's necessary. The terms and conditions on Samsung's promotion site specifically address more than one qualifying purchase and how to redeem multiple offers (still limited to one per purchase, but no limit on quantity of purchases).
    09-21-2016 05:23 PM
    Yep, I used the new note receipt
    Think I'll wait till my VR from the S7edge arrives before I apply for a second 256gb sd card with the N7 receipt
    09-21-2016 05:51 PM
    I tried to put in today for the 256gb card and it was going good until the purchase date. It stops on 9/5/16
    09-21-2016 06:51 PM
    I used my new note 7 receipt and put in for the sd card on the s7/s7 edge promotion yesterday. It was a long shot but I woke up this morning and checked yhe status and it was approved. The receipt showed I returned the s7 edge. I dont know of that makes a difference. I also did the promotion for the s7 edge when I had it and now have yhe gear vr on it's way!
    09-22-2016 07:24 AM
    I was approved for my free VR. Now I'm waiting to see when it ships. When I get my new replacement N7 I'm going to see if I can get the fit bit 2. If so I'll have all that I need from Samsung. Anyone know when that promotion ends for either the SD card or fitness watch?
    09-22-2016 07:40 AM
    I was approved for my free VR. Now I'm waiting to see when it ships. When I get my new replacement N7 I'm going to see if I can get the fit bit 2. If so I'll have all that I need from Samsung. Anyone know when that promotion ends for either the SD card or fitness watch?
    I believe that one ended 8/28 and the deadline for filing was yesterday
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-22-2016 07:49 AM
    I used my new note 7 receipt and put in for the sd card on the s7/s7 edge promotion yesterday. It was a long shot but I woke up this morning and checked yhe status and it was approved. The receipt showed I returned the s7 edge. I dont know of that makes a difference. I also did the promotion for the s7 edge when I had it and now have yhe gear vr on it's way!
    Well hell, now I'm going to have to try this when I get home and see if it works.
    09-22-2016 07:53 AM
    I believe that one ended 8/28 and the deadline for filing was yesterday
    Dang...oh well!!
    09-22-2016 07:59 AM
52 123