For those who did the loaner and obtained the free VR for having the S7/Edge

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Piece of cake. Although my S7 was more of a "new purchase" after returning the N7. I filled out the online info and returned my S7 4 days later to get a post-recall N7. But I think that's how they are handling "loaner" phones in most markets, though I could be wrong.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2F%2Fsamsung.com%2Fpromotions&token=y6_v_Hfs
My order status is approved for the VR, awaiting shipment. Exactly the same process as getting the 256GB card for my original N7 purchase (already received that). Hoping Samsung runs another deal on the N7, since I "bought" my second one on 9/17. :)

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    56.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Like Lizardchest said, same process as the N7 promo. Except this time I highlighted the qualifying device (S7edge) on my receipt because the returned N7 was also on there.. Didn't want any confusion from the processor and the terms and conditions also state that you should do this...
Mines approved and preparing for shipping....

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Like Lizardchest said, same process as the N7 promo. Except this time I highlighted the qualifying device (S7edge) on my receipt because the returned N7 was also on there.. Didn't want any confusion from the processor and the terms and conditions also state that you should do this...
Mines approved and preparing for shipping....

That's smart to do. I did not do that I had to get receipt from T-Mobile website and download it to my phone. I uploaded it easily and it said s7 edge but I think it had note 7 return as well. Samsung says it's approved just waiting for shipment number. Last offer I did for note 7 took 17 days. I'm estimating a shipping number on Friday or Saturday and delivery by Wednesday. I can't wait

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I uploaded my Verizon pdf receipt, which showed the Note 7 exchange for S7 Edge with no problem. I didn't see anything in the terms and conditions about highlighting anything, but my submission was approved within a day. Still days waiting on shipping.

My question is if they will catch on and ask for these promo items back when exchanging again into a new Note 7.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I uploaded my Verizon pdf receipt, which showed the Note 7 exchange for S7 Edge with no problem. I didn't see anything in the terms and conditions about highlighting anything, but my submission was approved within a day. Still days waiting on shipping.

My question is if they will catch on and ask for these promo items back when exchanging again into a new Note 7.
I don't think so. If it's already approved, I doubt digital river is going to circle back and recheck everything.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
All the sales reps in store I've talked to have said it's all on the up-and-up to take advantage of both the N7 and S7 offers. The last guy I dealt with even recommended checking in on Samsung.com/promotions for the next week or so to see if they run another deal on the N7 that covers the purchase date of my 2nd N7. Samsung has to realize that they would build a lot of goodwill by letting N7 owners to take advantage of any and all deals.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has to realize that they would build a lot of goodwill by letting N7 owners to take advantage of any and all deals.

That's kind of my thinking. I did look over the terms and conditions to check for anything like this. I didn't see anything about refunds/exchanges period. Since it's not in there, then it should to be on the up and up to take advantage of it whether they like it or not.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Important question please... Did u get the s7 edge as a loaner or as a new replacement of the note 7?
I did my *return* on 9/10, and *purchased* an S7 (with an extended no hassle return window) on the same trip. Called store on 9/17 and they said they had "stock for replacements, but not new sales." I explained my situation (regarding 9/10 transactions) and he said I qualified for the "exchange."

anon(10029905)

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
So should i get the loaner or replace it with a new s7 phone so i can get the VR?
And lets say i replaced it with the s7 can i go back to the note 7 without any extra charges?
Thanks

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, just got my loaner delivered today. Are the 256 SDs still part of the promo? Not yet sold on VR and considering giving away or reselling the SD. Is VR all that?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So should i get the loaner or replace it with a new s7 phone so i can get the VR?
And lets say i replaced it with the s7 can i go back to the note 7 without any extra charges?
Thanks
Sorry, I can't give you a good answer. I did my return before replacements were available. Your carrier will have to tell you what, if any, charges there would be. Get anything they say in writing! Can't stress that enough!

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys, just got my loaner delivered today. Are the 256 SDs still part of the promo? Not yet sold on VR and considering giving away or reselling the SD. Is VR all that?

Personally, I don't think so. I was expecting a 4k type screen, and it's been described as a screen door effect which from what I understand might be a technically INCORRECT term, but it's the best way to describe it. You feel like you are looking through a screen door for a lot of the content. And I, unfortunately, seem to get very sick from the interactive content. Within mere minutes of donning the contraption and trying to move around, I'm getting nauseous and sweaty/clammy. However I do like watching "2D" type things. Such as the Netflix app when you feel like you are sitting in a movie theater and watching a big screen. And I watched a Gordon Ramsey one where he and his daughter were making breakfast together. I was able to look around and "see" his kitchen/living room but I couldn't actually "move". So for me, I think I just get "seasick" from moving. It's a shame because seems like it would be a lot of fun, but I think Tim Cook may be right that AR (augmented reality) might be more where the future is at since you are then in the real world and the content is coming to your world, as opposed to you immersing yourself in its world...if that made ANY sense at all (which it probably didn't). It IS neat...don't get me wrong. And I'm glad I experienced it. But I don't feel pressed to get one that's compatible with the Note 7 (I got one to work with the Galaxy S7).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Important question please... Did u get the s7 edge as a loaner or as a new replacement of the note 7?
Being on Verizon, I'm having to cross my fingers. On all the official writing, the options are a J series loaner (or comparable model if the J's are out), or regular single S7/Edge exchange. Nowhere does it say the S7/Edges is allowed as a loaner or for double exchange. Ok, fine, except many Verizon stores are apparently allowing S7/Edges as loaners, mine included.

They process the initial exchange as normal while also waiving the restocking fee. Now to wait until time for the second exchange to see if they honour their verbal words.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
What was the process like? I'm thinking about getting the loaner today before I get the replacement note 7s to get the VR.

Why is everyone talking about this? The VR that works with the s7 edge will not work with the note 7. The s7 edge is a micro SD connector and the N7 is a C connector. So if you go back to the Note 7 the VR won't work for you.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Why is everyone talking about this? The VR that works with the s7 edge will not work with the note 7. The s7 edge is a micro SD connector and the N7 is a C connector. So if you go back to the Note 7 the VR won't work for you.
The new VR is the one in the promotion and it works with Note 7, S7, S7 edge, Note 5, S6 and S6 edge.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this means the loophole is closed...

Edit: Cant upload pic. I guess.
Unless I'm reading that wrong, we should still be able to make good on it, just having to call them to swap the device info to access the bonus content. Even if that is closed, you still get the VR, minus the free downloads.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney