For those who did the loaner and obtained the free VR for having the S7/Edge

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Unless I'm reading that wrong, we should still be able to make good on it, just having to call them to swap the device info to access the bonus content. Even if that is closed, you still get the VR, minus the free downloads.

Im more saying that once I call them, I won't be able to do this a 3rd time since I'll have my note 7 replacement imei in place of the s7edge. Was hoping to get some more SD cards with my new purchase. Oh well.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
You guys are really upset that the loaner free VR scam is in jeopardy of not working?

Lol. Samsung.com customers are still sitting in the dark with no loaner, no exchange program, no communication, nothing. The defective Note 7's are still in our posessions. We literally cannot get rid of them and have absolutely no idea when/if we will be able to replace them.

You all are so lucky. No complaining.

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Why is everyone talking about this? The VR that works with the s7 edge will not work with the note 7. The s7 edge is a micro SD connector and the N7 is a C connector. So if you go back to the Note 7 the VR won't work for you.
The new promotion is for the 2016 VR. Compatible with the note 7

That's kind of my thinking. I did look over the terms and conditions to check for anything like this. I didn't see anything about refunds/exchanges period. Since it's not in there, then it should to be on the up and up to take advantage of it whether they like it or not.

All the sales reps in store I've talked to have said it's all on the up-and-up to take advantage of both the N7 and S7 offers. The last guy I dealt with even recommended checking in on Samsung.com/promotions for the next week or so to see if they run another deal on the N7 that covers the purchase date of my 2nd N7. Samsung has to realize that they would build a lot of goodwill by letting N7 owners to take advantage of any and all deals.

I uploaded my Verizon pdf receipt, which showed the Note 7 exchange for S7 Edge with no problem. I didn't see anything in the terms and conditions about highlighting anything, but my submission was approved within a day. Still days waiting on shipping.

My question is if they will catch on and ask for these promo items back when exchanging again into a new Note 7.

Unless I'm reading that wrong, we should still be able to make good on it, just having to call them to swap the device info to access the bonus content. Even if that is closed, you still get the VR, minus the free downloads.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Samsung purposely ran this promo to keep Samsung users. Even in the approval email they sent out they obviously anticipated the note 7 users with s7 loaners to take advantage. It basically says once you turn the s7/s7 edge loaner back in and get your new note 7, call Samsung promotions and give them the new IMEI number so you can download the bonus VR content to your new note 7. Of course that's not verbatim but i summed it up. I can't see any other reason Samsung would include that in the email if they didn't want the s7 loaner phones included in the promotion

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the person who said it was about the vr content. It say you have until 2-2017 to use the voucher at the ocular store and if the store doesn't recognize the device because it may be replaced between now and then, you have to call and give the new info.

I don't think this closes any loop holes. I actually don't think it's a loop hole at all. I got the idea to do this from the rep at samsung. When I got the original note7 and lost my $20 when i had to do a factory reset. I called Samsung pay promotions and the rep was awesome. He even called me a few days later to see if i got it back. By then the recall had started. At the end of the call he said, don't forget the promotion only states you need a new galaxy phone. So when you get the new phone make sure you get each promo again.

I just feel it's good will for those put thru this.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they are starting to ship. I haven't received any tracking info, but I know the Gear Fit 2 got here fairly quick.

1474451795291.jpg

As for calling this a scam, hardly. The company would have had their lawyers go through everything and write up the terms of the promotions. Even in the latest emails they are saying it's possible to get the downloads on exchanged devices. I read through all the info and nowhere does it say this shouldn't apply to double exchanged phones. It's not even implied, but it is implied they will be ok with it. So no, I'm not trying to scam them and break the rules. If they do come back later and change the rules to block the free downloads, so be it.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
You guys are really upset that the loaner free VR scam is in jeopardy of not working?

Lol. Samsung.com customers are still sitting in the dark with no loaner, no exchange program, no communication, nothing. The defective Note 7's are still in our posessions. We literally cannot get rid of them and have absolutely no idea when/if we will be able to replace them.

You all are so lucky. No complaining.

I don't think your position on this is very good.
Sure, have some perspective about the Notes that haven't been replaced. But to say that people shouldn't enjoy having their replacement and ask policy questions about their exchange because 100% of phones haven't been replaced is ridiculous. Should we all turn off our post-recall phones out of solidarity until all Notes have been replaced?

I get it. You haven't gotten a new Note. Sorry about that. But that doesn't mean that those of us that have don't get to move on to the next stages of ownership.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I could care less about the download content. I got my VR coming and got my N7 swapped yesterday. Now I just have to like this blue coral when I had black. That's my worst complaint. I would love to see a new promo that gives us the Gear s3 though.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I had my VR confirmed yesterday and today company said my Black N7 replacement has been shipped. I have the Edge loaner.

I had Coral Blue but went to Black after getting black loaner and loving it.

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I had a free VR approved yesterday and I never had a loaner. I returned my original note to Best Buy over a week ago. Went to Sprint Monday and bought a new Note, registered for a free VR and they approved it.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged mine yesterday. However I got no receipt for doing so. Also when I logged into my Samsung account I didnt get the normal, "thanks for registering here is a 30% off coupon," email. Im sure they know these are replacements and the promo date will most likely start AFTER the global start date for normal sales.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged mine yesterday. However I got no receipt for doing so.

If you bought it through your carrier, look for an online receipt via their site. I didn't receive a paper receipt when I exchanged at the Verizon store, but it's fairly easy to pull it up and download it as a pdf " their site.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think your position on this is very good.
Sure, have some perspective about the Notes that haven't been replaced. But to say that people shouldn't enjoy having their replacement and ask policy questions about their exchange because 100% of phones haven't been replaced is ridiculous. Should we all turn off our post-recall phones out of solidarity until all Notes have been replaced?

I get it. You haven't gotten a new Note. Sorry about that. But that doesn't mean that those of us that have don't get to move on to the next stages of ownership.

Ok. The VR is for S7e and S7 owners. A loaner isn't an owner.

Y'all know that feeling when you figured this loophole out? That grin when the submission was approved? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

I'm not mad btw. Pillage Samsung all you can.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I get what you're saying, and mostly agree. But I returned my N7 for a *refund*, and then I *bought* an S7E. There was no loaner. Sure, there's a bit of gaming the system, but I think "scam" is a bit harsh.
Hope you get your replacement (or new purchase ;)) soon!

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I get what you're saying, and mostly agree. But I returned my N7 for a *refund*, and then I *bought* an S7E. There was no loaner. Sure, there's a bit of gaming the system, but I think "scam" is a bit harsh.
Hope you get your replacement (or new purchase ;)) soon!

Cool. The title says "loaner" which is what I'm referring to. If you kept the phone completely, you are an owner. And thanks.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Y'all know that feeling when you figured this loophole out? That grin when the submission was approved? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

According to my receipt from Verizon. I was absolutely the owner of the S7edge that I exchanged my recalled N7 for... I was refunded the cost of the N7 and charged the price of the S7edge plus tax.. I/we most definitely owned the phone for that particular time... However we had an option to keep it or exchange it if we chose....

Typed from my non exploding N7 with the green battery icon

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
According to my receipt from Verizon. I was absolutely the owner of the S7edge that I exchanged my recalled N7 for... I was refunded the cost of the N7 and charged the price of the S7edge plus tax.. I/we most definitely owned the phone for that particular time... However we had an option to keep it or exchange it if we chose....

Typed from my non exploding N7 with the green battery icon

Lol k

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a free VR approved yesterday and I never had a loaner. I returned my original note to Best Buy over a week ago. Went to Sprint Monday and bought a new Note, registered for a free VR and they approved it.
Approved it using tje new note receipt?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

T-Mobile called it a loaner but they didn't have any problem making me sign a new EIP for $779 and making me fully accountable for the device. Samsung's own language says purchase or lease. Being an owner isn't a requirement.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my N7 for an S7E at Costco and submitted for a VR. It has been approved and is waiting for shipment. I asked the rep and Samsung if I should do it and they all said yes. I said I am going to return the phone as soon as a new N7 is available and Samsung said it doesn't matter, it's mine to keep. No scam here, save the sermon for Sunday morning.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
All the sales reps in store I've talked to have said it's all on the up-and-up to take advantage of both the N7 and S7 offers. The last guy I dealt with even recommended checking in on Samsung.com/promotions for the next week or so to see if they run another deal on the N7 that covers the purchase date of my 2nd N7. Samsung has to realize that they would build a lot of goodwill by letting N7 owners to take advantage of any and all deals.

This is what I'm hoping for.

Last edited: