Advanced Exchange Through Sprint???

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that signed up for advanced exchange received an updated shipping email?

Has anyone that signed up for advanced exchange gone into the store for the replacement instead? If so, how was the process?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope on both. I called my local corporate store this morning. I had to call 5 times before anyone would pick up the damn phone. Finally I got some young guy, not the manager I'm familiar with and told him I have a Note 7 that I need to swap. He said they had 'a few in the back' but they wouldn't hold one, even after I told him it would take me an hour to get there and I didn't want to make the drive without a guarantee that a phone would be available. His response was 'we don't hold phones'. So screw that, I'll wait for the AET one that may get here this week or not. Talk about a cluster #&@$.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just received an email yesterday saying my order was processing. Have yet to see shipping/tracking email come through but I'm hoping it will be in the next day or two.

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Anyone that signed up for advanced exchange received an updated shipping email?

Has anyone that signed up for advanced exchange gone into the store for the replacement instead? If so, how was the process?

Last email i received was Saturday and it was just being processed.. Got a little annoyed considering you can purchase them and people are waiting to get their recall handled.. Hopefully this week we'll see some action

lkramer18

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I never received an email for processing let alone a shipping email even tho I called 3 times to confirm that I would receive the email and a new phone. The AET (in OKC) stated it would be 3 weeks before the replacements were shipped. Went to a local store yesterday and swapped mine out no problems. All they wanted was the phone and I was in and out in about 30 minutes

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AET. They aren't seeing any tracking numbers yet, but the rep said they are expected to ship out tomorrow and we should have them by the end of the week. I told him about others having problems at corporate stores and he said that if anyone has an issue with a brick and mortar store that they should call 888 211 4727 (choose 1, 5, 5, 5, 5 on the phone prompts). That also goes for any store selling the phones outright without being an exchange. He said they were absolutely not supposed to be selling any Note 7 until the 28th. He also said they have no problem with people calling day to day checking on their replacements shipping status. They just want to get the phones back and the new ones out as soon as possible. He said they also suspended the 30 mile rule for the recall.

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I never received an email for processing let alone a shipping email even tho I called 3 times to confirm that I would receive the email and a new phone. The AET (in OKC) stated it would be 3 weeks before the replacements were shipped. Went to a local store yesterday and swapped mine out no problems. All they wanted was the phone and I was in and out in about 30 minutes

Out of curiosity i called the 3 sprint stores around me here in Ohio and there all out and i was told it'll be next week for them to see another shipment and if there lucky maybe Friday.. There going fast it seems like

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Still no update from sprint this morning. I called and the guy said it would be about 1 to 2 weeks before they ship a phone. I will try the store this morning to see if anyone has coral blue.

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Still no update from sprint this morning. I called and the guy said it would be about 1 to 2 weeks before they ship a phone. I will try the store this morning to see if anyone has coral blue.

I don't blame you at all! I probably should've done the same when the sprint store's got their stock! Now there waiting on shipments again. I thought for sure sprint would've been shipping them bye now though

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok on the 17th I got a email saying my replacement order was being processed, now the 21st I just received a email saying the exact same thing same order number, kinda strange

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm about done with all of this. Between the BS and lies from the local corporate store to the incompetence of the person in charge of logistics I'm fed up and ready to just keep this Note 7 and be done with the freaking drama, I need to move on.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm about done with all of this. Between the BS and lies from the local corporate store to the incompetence of the person in charge of logistics I'm fed up and ready to just keep this Note 7 and be done with the freaking drama, I need to move on.

You could ignore it for about another week. Then things will have settled down. It is a choice to be following this so closely and dealing with the "drama".

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You could ignore it for about another week. Then things will have settled down. It is a choice to be following this so closely and dealing with the "drama".
I didn't choose this crap. None of this is my fault or yours, for that matter. Don't be condescending.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I just the corporate store and tried to get a blue coral and it said the phones were already attached to someone's account and there they couldn't be sold