So what am I missing? I have the chase banking app in my secure folder on my Note 7 and when I launch the app it says I have to update the app. But when I go to the play store, it says I can only install the app. I realize that the secure folder makes a copy of the app, but this is going to be a pain everytime a secure folder app needs updating, having to install an unsecure folder version, copy it into the secure folder then delete the unsecured app... just for an update. Sheesh
    09-19-2016 09:24 PM
    Well technically the app isn't installed on your phone.

Your phone can't see stuff in the secure folder as it's a completely different partition.

Kinda defeats the purpose if it is don't you think?
    09-19-2016 10:48 PM
    I've not had any issues updating apps in the secure folder.

I add my google account to the Play Store on the secure folder side and download all the apps i want on that side of the phone, when there is an app update on the secure folder side i get the app update notification w/ key lock symbol. I can then access the secure folder and update the apps with the secure folder Play Store.

I don't usually use the 'copy' app feature.
    lanenubia likes this.
    09-20-2016 06:39 AM
    I've not had any issues updating apps in the secure folder.

I add my google account to the Play Store on the secure folder side and download all the apps i want on that side of the phone, when there is an app update on the secure folder side i get the app update notification w/ key lock symbol. I can then access the secure folder and update the apps with the secure folder Play Store.

I don't usually use the 'copy' app feature.
    Yeah, I was thinking about this this morning, so I checked to see if I could access the play store in the secure folder but I'm not seeing it. It is visible in the application manager in the sucure folder, but I don't see how to open up or access the play store in the secure folder...
    09-20-2016 08:22 AM
    Ah hah! I think I got it... and I guess I'm a little slow. I was looking to launch the play store app by pressing its icon, like normal, but you have to access the play store in the ssecure folder via the box at the top of the ADD page. I was just really looking all over for the normal app icon to tap.

Also, I wasn't making the connection that I would have to re-sign into my google account and play store app to be able to update my bank app.

Thanks for ya'lls help and patience!
    Attached Thumbnails Apps in Secure Folder can't be updated?-6483.jpg  
    Dealz417 likes this.
    09-20-2016 09:47 AM