New promotion for the new N7

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
As soon as someone gets their gear vr...we will hopefully know the results. ..I'm hoping it's the new version ....

The FAQ on Samsung's promo website says the Gear VR given is valued at $99, not including the bonus content (which is valued at $50).

That should be the Gear VR 2, so we'll see.

EDIT: The model number also listed for this promo is for the newer Gear VR.

Last edited:

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
How are people able to get another promotion with the Note 7 replacements? You'd need a new receipt for it to work...

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No I didn't. They just gave me the new phone and the box that was it. They were doing that for everyone at my Sprint store.

check online.
i spent about an hour maybe a little longer at sprint switching phone over i didnt get a paper receipt but when i log into my account under documents it shows the new documentation with new imei and phone etc
I printed out the 1st and 2nd page because 1st page has my personal/account info and 2nd page has the new phone info. then scanned them into a pdf and uploaded into the promotions site.

this was yesterday. just checked status >> Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No I didn't. They just gave me the new phone and the box that was it. They were doing that for everyone at my Sprint store.
That's just wrong..... Everyone should have proof of purchase for their records and to show ownership of the device.. Have you check your online account for a receipt? I'd call or go back and let Sprint know that I need a receipt for proof of purchase

cactuspete23

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Would not be surprised to see some promotions for the N7, as soon as replacements are completed and inventories get back to normal (or higher) again.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
The VR promotion is really for the s7/7 edge so it will only use the old model. Those phones are not compatible with the new model, only the note 7 is compatible with the new model because of the different USB port.
Just so there's no confusion for other's reading this thread. The new Gear VR is what is being offered in the current promo. This can be confirmed by the model number on the promo page. The new model comes with micro and usb-C adapters. As pictured below.
b7ddbc0c50d384d30490b951af6487ec.jpg

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I received my watch for the note 7 promotion within a week and a half from when I filled it in...my s7 edge promotion for my loaner device has just shipped via FedEx for the 256 gb card and I will be getting my note 7 replacement tomorrow.....
Me too.

On Edge getting the VR

Back now to Note 7 and applying for SD card. I think it's the least they can do for all the crap and inconvenience of going back and forth and dealing with this enormous headache.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday night I tried to apply for the promo and it asked which phone I had. I got caught up in something so I didnt finish the submission. I went to do it today and it does not ask which phone I had anymore. I tried it on 2 phones and a computer. Anyone else?

EDIT: It also did not ask for a name or address this time. Just the phones info? Either way it was approved already..but im just not sure how they will know who to send it to?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
So I just did the exchange last night, the only receipt I got shows the old one I traded in and the new one I got. I checked T-Mobile.com and the EIP is for my loaner S7, anyone know how long it takes them to update the EIP on our accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.