New promotion for the new N7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Samsung may have just done a mass approval on these. My wife and I were both just approved at the same exact time. I would assume there will be tons of others getting their approvals today as well. :)

alwilliam2

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Patience is a virtue! Received my confirmation email as well for the VR. Only means one thing, a tracking number will follow and I don't care if it takes them 12 weeks to mail it. The main thing is, it is confirmed.
I knew all along that they know we are double/triple dipping. But it's their way of saying "You stood with us in our time of crisis, you remained loyal to our product, you get a bonus"! Now I know what I want for Christmas. A Gear 360 to go along with the VR.
Thank you Samsung!
If you haven't done so, you guys still have time to tweet happy bday to Samsung Pay for a chance to win a Gear S2.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Replacement phone would be different phone. I meant two promotions for same physical phone/receipt.

Technically, yes. But no. Both Note7s, my original replacement (had a manufacturer defect) and my current replacement, were eligible, I submitted the first one with the original receipt. Then discovered the problem. Debated and finally exchanged that one. Debated for about half a day, and decided to try again for the other gift. Entered all the necessary info with the new replacement, and used the exchange receipt and got approved. Now it's a waiting game to see if I get them all. If not, no worries, I just want that SD card. The Gear VR will be a special bonus if I get it too.

alwilliam2

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Technically, yes. But no. Both Note7s, my original replacement (had a manufacturer defect) and my current replacement, were eligible, I submitted the first one with the original receipt. Then discovered the problem. Debated and finally exchanged that one. Debated for about half a day, and decided to try again for the other gift. Entered all the necessary info with the new replacement, and used the exchange receipt and got approved. Now it's a waiting game to see if I get them all. If not, no worries, I just want that SD card. The Gear VR will be a special bonus if I get it too.

She was asking for one physical phone only if it can be entered in 2 promotiond.

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes.

Yes, as long as you used your first receipt for your first N7, and your second receipt for your second N7.
Just use Samsung.com/promotions and follow the directions. The window to put in a claim for the original N7 promotion (Gear Fit 2/SDcard) has closed. If you already submitted for the original promotion...great! Right now you are eligible to submit your new N7 for the Try on the Future promotion (VR/SD card). The site lists the S7/S7E as the phones you can claim, but the (new) N7 will work for that promotion.

Woah! Awesome.

So I got a gear S2, for me. My mom, who also got an N7, also got an S2. The thing is we both got them right when it came out and the promotion says after a certain date....will it still work?

Also, I already exchagned my old N7...is there anywhere I can find the IEMI etc that I need for that?? Since they took my box and phone... (crap! I shouldn't of brought the box to the store).

But something funny happened...somehow, she was not able to exchange her N7 because for some reason, its as if she never even purchased it ! It's like she's off contract (the guy told me it was like she got a free phone), and the BOGO (which she was on) is also gone. The issue is it is the old N7...and we aren't sure if its a bad batch of battery or not, the message does come up when she plugs it in. Should we go for a "new one" and just sell the old one half price or something?

I'm pretty sure I can make a claim for the new N7 I just exchanged, but can I not do it for my first/old one if it was done before September?

Thank you !

Last edited:

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The issue is it is the old N7...and we aren't sure if its a bad batch of battery or not, the message does come up when she plugs it in. Should we go for a "new one" and just sell the old one half price or something?

Thank you !

No. Do not try to sell the old one. If you have your receipt, then you can try to use that to apply for the promo, but because of the original purchase date, I believe it would be considered invalid. Second, you can still double check your mom's IMEI again the samsung database checker to see if it is in fact, an affected device (which it probably is if you purchased it before 9/15), and then that makes you eligible to take part in the recall program, which either your retail outlet, or carrier store, should not be turning you away for at all.

Once you get a new receipt for whatever replacement devices you have, you can use that in your submission with the corresponding devices information.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just asking because it was done on the Note5. Some people applied for all 3 available promotions early on and got 2 or 3 of them. My wife got 2. At some point, they started checking better and people started getting rejected.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I got an sd card from my dangerous note 7, i kept my note 7 till yesterday when i got it exchanged for the green note 7, a few hours ago i submitted an application for the s7/edge promotion and requested a gear vr using my green note 7 information, Lo and behold i got aproved and now its preparing for shipment.
Did you get a new receipt? Did verizon screw me? I have no receipt for my recall replacement. I kept my explosive note 7 until Saturday and returned to verizon. Exchanged for the blue that I desperately wanted and kept accessories from old one. But no receipt in email or online that I can find. Ah well, I was hoping for a VR but I am happy with my giant SD.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought my original bomb at Best Buy and received my Gear Fit 2 immediately. After getting my replacement, I was able to also submit for the new promotion for the 256GB card... I already have a GS6e and a GS7e VR set.. How many VR sets can one have.. lol

So, my point is... people who got their replacements from Best Buy are eligible for this new Note 7 promotion through Samsung. Unlike the original promotion where Best Buy handled the promotional items (and were not eligible to do it online via Samsung), Best Buy customers can do it online for this new promotion for their Note 7.

I have to admit that at first I wasn't thrilled about the Gear Fit 2 (which was the only option avail if done online), I have grown to quite like it now.

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
No. Do not try to sell the old one. If you have your receipt, then you can try to use that to apply for the promo, but because of the original purchase date, I believe it would be considered invalid. Second, you can still double check your mom's IMEI again the samsung database checker to see if it is in fact, an affected device (which it probably is if you purchased it before 9/15), and then that makes you eligible to take part in the recall program, which either your retail outlet, or carrier store, should not be turning you away for at all.

Once you get a new receipt for whatever replacement devices you have, you can use that in your submission with the corresponding devices information.

Thanks, yea I used her old receipt to apply for this promo anyways, even though its an older date, maybe since it is all under my name (and my new phone is within the promo date) they may accept it, who knows.

As for the old phone, well technically it may not even be on contract or even being paid for at all (they made a huge mistake!) Even the BOGO ghost line is gone...so it may be that its sort of a "free" phone. The issue is that it is the old/defective model, I just checked on the Samsung website. So would it be better to just exchange this one, even though they will "Add it to the bill" and reclaim the bogo. Or, keep the "Free phone" (and sell it) and "add a new one" to the contract (in otherwords just get a new one/upgrade) then get the promo that way.

EIther way I can get the promo from fixing the account/bogo or keeping the "Free" *but defective phone) and getting a new one .

I mean, would it be worth it to even sell one of the original n7's? Even though it is telling em to recall it, it works fine, would someone buy it half price? I dunno...confused on what to do

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, yea I used her old receipt to apply for this promo anyways, even though its an older date, maybe since it is all under my name (and my new phone is within the promo date) they may accept it, who knows.

As for the old phone, well technically it may not even be on contract or even being paid for at all (they made a huge mistake!) Even the BOGO ghost line is gone...so it may be that its sort of a "free" phone. The issue is that it is the old/defective model, I just checked on the Samsung website. So would it be better to just exchange this one, even though they will "Add it to the bill" and reclaim the bogo. Or, keep the "Free phone" (and sell it) and "add a new one" to the contract (in otherwords just get a new one/upgrade) then get the promo that way.

EIther way I can get the promo from fixing the account/bogo or keeping the "Free" *but defective phone) and getting a new one .

I mean, would it be worth it to even sell one of the original n7's? Even though it is telling em to recall it, it works fine, would someone buy it half price? I dunno...confused on what to do

On contract or not, the phone is a potential hazard. DO NOT pass the problem off to someone else and try to profit from it! You have already verified that it is a recalled product. You do not need any more proof than that. If the BOGO line no longer exists, then the BOGO offer is void, and you already paid for the device, so it is no longer free. It has been recalled, and the place you got it from HAS TO take it back and replace it for you.

If you are more concerned about free stuff, do yourself a favor and go through the trouble to get the free stuff with replacing the recalled items. It was purchased somewhere at some point, so there is a record of it somewhere. And once it is replaced, they will either do a formal transaction, in which you will receive a receipt to show proof of purchase and that can be used to get your free stuff, or they will just hand you a brand new Note 7, and you'll be on your way. And again, in turn, that Note 7 will end up being free to you because as you stated it was paid off, and the line is gone. If you get to that point, and you find you no longer want the brand new, unused Note 7, there will be a market for it, at which you could try to sell the device and make some sort of money off of it, and you may still come out on top.

Either way, DO NOT try to resell the recalled device. At this point anyone really looking for a deal on the Note7, should be well aware of the recall, and will find a way to find out if they are in fact buying a safe or a bad device. You may not ever get a buyer if you cannot provide the proper info and proof that the device is safe.

Your best bet is to try to replace it as soon as possible, before the qualifying period passes, and you cannot apply for the free stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2