New promotion for the new N7

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I know you weren't asking me, but I don't think I recall the option to select phone when I submitted my post-N7 on the S7 promo... Maybe I did, but I don't remember the option...

My status looks the same as yours and I also did the SD, VR, SD as well. When I went to claim the last one with my replacement Note 7 it never asked me what model I had, I thought it might have been a mistake and backed up to the beginning before submitting the info but that question was never there.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just went through it again:
Samsung.com/promotions
Selected "Learn More"
Asks for my carrier and store (US Cell for both)
Then goes to Date of Purchase/IMEI/Wi-Fi Mac/receipt upload selection screen.

No option for selecting phone. May be due to US Cell selection???

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I just went through it again:
Samsung.com/promotions
Selected "Learn More"
Asks for my carrier and store (US Cell for both)
Then goes to Date of Purchase/IMEI/Wi-Fi Mac/receipt upload selection screen.

No option for selecting phone. May be due to US Cell selection???
IIRC, it was a split page with your mailing address on the left, and device and gift selection on the right. It might have been after you verify the device info and show proof of purchase.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
IIRC, it was a split page with your mailing address on the left, and device and gift selection on the right. It might have been after you verify the device info and show proof of purchase.
But, wouldn't they be able to verify/identify the device off of the IMEI/Wi-Fi MAC and receipt?? As we saw with the IMEI checker, they have records of what ID goes to which phone...
I could definitely be wrong about what showed up when I entered my claim, I just don't recall selecting "other" or "S7".
Also, I used my original email addy, so I didn't have the option/need to enter my physical addy.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
But, wouldn't they be able to verify/identify the device off of the IMEI/Wi-Fi MAC and receipt?? As we saw with the IMEI checker, they have records of what ID goes to which phone...
I could definitely be wrong about what showed up when I entered my claim, I just don't recall selecting "other" or "S7".
Also, I used my original email addy, so I didn't have the option/need to enter my physical addy.
That's possible also.

I don't really recall right now. I could try again with my info at home, but it would likely tell me the info is already registered and to check it again.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It'd weird that the VR is moving along through the process but the sd is still the same. I applied for the gear after the sd card. Wonder if they are back ordered?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
What date did you get your approved email?
For my pre-N7 submission (SD), I submitted 8/26, got approved 8/29, got shipping confirmation with tracking on 9/9, received the SD card on or about 9/14.
For my temp-S7E submission (VR), I submitted 9/12, got approved 9/20, got shipping confirmation with tracking today around 2p CST (9/29).
For my post-N7 submission (SD), I submitted yesterday (9/28), approved same day I think. No movement on that yet.

twmanga1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I submitted my claim on the 26th (with my lease letter from Verizon) & just got a approval email from Samsung today. Didn't think it was going to work. Got a 256GB SD card last time. Now I'm getting a free Gear VR.

Last edited:

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see at least a few people have movement. I don't care how long mines take to ship since it's only two VR units. Received sd card the first go around and a gear S2 3g back in April. I just thought it was odd that nobody had movement besides being approved and processing....But the ball is rolling now....

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely going to be interesting how this plays out. I already have a 256 gb microsd from my v1 Note 7 and have 2 more sd card submissions that have been approved from 'loaner ' and the replacement Note 7. I had to sign either a JOD contract or EIP agreement on all phones so submission wasn't an issue.

I don't need 3 sd cards but I also don't need multiple VR headsets. A couple weeks back a $100 off $100 coupon code for Samsung.com popped up on slickdeals. Thought for sure orders would be cancelled but they shipped so I ended up getting the VR for $13 with 2 day shipping.

If I end up with 3 SD cards plus $40 in Samsung Pay gift cards, $15 in Dunkin Donuts gift cards, and $25 bill credit, this will be the best phone purchase ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca