infamous Jeep explosion explosion story - Note not cause...

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
From the article...
While it’s still possible that the Galaxy Note 7 was to blame for the car catching fire, the investigators were unable to discover a clear link.

I don't know if you could "definitively" state "- Note not cause...".

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Lol so a phone carries enough material to burn up a vehicle? Notify the military, they can use Note 7's instead of issued military grade equipment and it's cheaper!
😂

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I KNEW this was going to happen. Additionally some kid is suing Samsung claiming it burned a hole through his pants.

Everyone could just start doing this randomly if they wanted to. Investigations would show it didn't happen and if they cannot prove or disprove it in the end it damages Samsung.

People suck. Period. Want something for nothing because that's the kind of world we live in and the kind of people we are raising today.

You could predict this was going to happen.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: St. Petersburg Fire Rescue finds no link between Galaxy Note 7 and Jeep explosion !

Did you read it? They couldn't conclusively determine, even the writer of the article said to heat could have caused the battery to swell which would have still caused the fire, and this is a pro Samsung site.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

You read the article, right? Investigators said it was indeterminate...and then the writer said:

While it’s still possible that the Galaxy Note 7 was to blame for the car catching fire, the investigators were unable to discover a clear link. It’s not uncommon for car batteries to swell in hot weather, though, so I believe that a minor fire caused by the handset may have ignited the battery, leading to the full-scale explosion we saw in the images.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The whole thing was shady from the start. I'm not defending Samsung, but I can think of 10 other places Id rather charge my phone than in sunlight, in a hot car in florida weather. I hope he gets nothing.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You read the article, right? Investigators said it was indeterminate...and then the writer said:

While it’s still possible that the Galaxy Note 7 was to blame for the car catching fire, the investigators were unable to discover a clear link. It’s not uncommon for car batteries to swell in hot weather, though, so I believe that a minor fire caused by the handset may have ignited the battery, leading to the full-scale explosion we saw in the images.

My problem with this whole thing is the timeline of events. Dude say all of this happens in less than 3 minutes by the way:

Man and wife exit vehicle after ling morning of yard sale-ing, they found some hutch or armoire)dresser and they were dropping it off at their house

They return home, they exit the vehicle, leaving the phone plugged into the center console, the air conditioning is running

The take the (cabinet) inside the house, while inside...Dude hears a pop "and just knows his phone has exploded..." (Interesting comment from someone who says he didn't know anything about the recall

He runs out the door and sees flames in his car, not the pictures you've seen...his FB account says " looked like someone was smoking inside my car"

He turns around, grabs a fire extinguisher (uh...do you keep one of those by your front door), and says by the time he crosses his yard...the whole car is engulfed in flames. He decides NOT to use the fire extinguisher, but instead stands outside a burning vehicle in his drive way and takes pictures....

Now, you probably haven't read that before...because big media jumps to the evil Samsung. I only got to read that version because BGR (if all places, lazily went and screen capped dudes Facebook and posted that as an article...the next day...the picture was taken down and replaced with thr media story (as BgR doesnt really employ writers...they're more article posters/commenters). The fun stuff starts the next day where dude foes out and dumps everything off his Facebook page for the last year...which, I'm curious wbat got deleted...because there's like a solid 20 posts a day (normal stuff...gifs/memes...dude totally pro Trump so every gross pri-trump article he can find), but then there's like this pattern of activity that just stops...and one year later...it's all about Samsung.

Everything about it is suspect. A fire in the interiror of the car doesn't just explode and engulf a car immediately without something to burn...the entire interior of your car is built to be fire resistant. Why not use the fire extinguisher, even if you though it was a lost cause, why did the phone explode in the three minutes no one saw it (though I'll grant you, that could just be bad luck)... Nothing quite adds up.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: St. Petersburg Fire Rescue finds no link between Galaxy Note 7 and Jeep explosion !

Did you read it? They couldn't conclusively determine, even the writer of the article said to heat could have caused the battery to swell which would have still caused the fire, and this is a pro Samsung site.
Did you read what I wrote? "Might of been caused by something Else"

Also with any Normal phone without the Battery issue. Heat can cause the phone to explode.

mi7chy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Another article mentioned that he left the Jeep running unattended with AC on. Also, Jeep has been subjected to recall for fire risk.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The garage story apparently is looking bogus too. So let us see, the three main stories the media latched onto and Gizmodo (garage and Jeep) as example badgered the FAA about are now so far two out of three are bad and the garage one looking dubious. Who would have thunk' it????

Sticking to my original position this was driven by lack of knowledge hysteria and Samsung decided more prudent to roll with it. I am not saying there was not a problem, but am saying the same as a few weeks ago- it was grossly blown out of proportion.

People trying to ca$h in, like a grandma calling the news to say her grandkid was burned by a Note 7 (still sad for kid). The lawsuit about the guy with his N7 in his pocket that caught fire also seems dubious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair