10-18-2016 06:18 PM
154 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I can see why when it will be 2 more weeks from today the 20th before my replacement comes in to Best Buy. Ridiculous. Never again Samsung. Next year moving onto something else.
    Why so long? Got mine from a BB in Kentucky yesterday. Went in and asked if they had a black Verizon N7 and they had some in stock. Updated and the little green guage confirmed post ban device.

They had ATT and Sprint ones as well. Some Tmo customers came in trying to get phones, but BB does not do Tmo. Still odd though Tmo customers were asking BB for replacements.
    09-21-2016 07:46 AM
    Why so long? Got mine from a BB in Kentucky yesterday. Went in and asked if they had a black Verizon N7 and they had some in stock. Updated and the little green guage confirmed post ban device.

They had ATT and Sprint ones as well. Some Tmo customers came in trying to get phones, but BB does not do Tmo. Still odd though Tmo customers were asking BB for replacements.
    Tmobile wasn't giving out replacements until today. Some got lucky and got them late last night. I don't think those customers wanted to wait.
    09-21-2016 07:51 AM
    I've been a die hard note user since the beginning I have had my note 7 since day one but on Sept 29 I'm jumping ship I can't justify the 1000 dollar investment I paid up front. I work in the tech industry and I just found out that referbs will come out around black Friday selling around 529 for note 7s. The support and resale factor is a big hurt, I'm going to a refurbished note 5 or S7 Edge until note 8 comes out. Lastly how can the Chinese have ground breaking specs but Samsung can't I just heard about the leEco 3 with 6gb 256gb storage and a standard HD screen for 300. Samsung please make the note 8 ground shattering. Ex. Two sizes available 5.5 and 6.2 6gb of ram 256 gb storage ir blaster and 4000mah in the 5.5 and 5000mah in the 6.2 4k screen for all instant hit. But for now I'm going to enjoy my last 9 days with my note 7
    badMojo69 likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:51 AM
    Holy get over yourself batman! There is a serious and very easy reason you get your "better" care from Apple. Famous reason. Samsung does not write the software for your phone. Your carrier does. If there is a hardware flaw then it is up to the carrier and Samsung to fix it, not you and Samsung. Apple makes one damned thing. Just one! If there is a software flaw, they provided it and can change it on the spot. If there is a hardware flaw, the same thing! That's the beauty of an apple device. There is not many of them so supporting them is much easier. However the beauty of a Samsung device is you are able to go after the very high end, a middle of the road, and a low end device all from the same maker. Yes, android updates lag comparatively, but for good dang reason!

This apple knows how to do it better is just garbage. When you make one product all year it just is much easier.
    Apple doesn't make just "one" thing. They have the MacBook line, Mac desktop line. iPods, iPads and the iPhone, along with other stuff.
    brau0303 and badMojo69 like this.
    09-21-2016 07:55 AM
    Personally I still always found Samsung phones to be most appealing from design, color, specs,innovation,camera, etc. Iphone to me seems like a product that lacks drastic improvement it's the same thing each year yet people get it. While people see value in Apple's consolidated eco system its also them owning you ..you Can't have flexibility and choice. It is unfortunate what happened with note 7 but I also feel the media and bandwagon fools have contributed to make this look worse than it was. I fully agree Samsung customer service isn't best and is frustrating especially when the samsung.com buyers aren't able to exchange for new note 7 but again here the issue is FedEx and ups not willing to ship.
    Baby_Doc likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:27 AM
    It's a perfect storm. Misinformed or uninformed customer service reps at the various carriers, the uncertainty of how long the CPSC process would take, iPhone 7 launch, and some carriers offering "any phone in our inventory" as loaners. It was almost like it was designed to weed out all but the most diehard Samsung fans lol. I admit I took advantage of the TMobile loaner to give iOS a try. Doubt I will stick with it and will most likely pick up my replacement note this weekend.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:40 AM
    I have an s7 edge as a temp and think the build of the N7 is FAR superior. I have ZERO interest in switching to Apple.....I am in the 18%!
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:47 AM
    I personally wouldn't get one because of mixed reports of lag and signal reception.
    Dang, that would limit your options severely. I've never followed the release of a new device and not seen threads about both of these topics.
    09-21-2016 10:02 AM
    I'm an "enthusiast" and have moved to an iPhone.

7 years of Android loyalty erased by the inept Samsung.com failure to handle this.

May pick one up on Swappa on the real cheap one day, but they have lost me as a customer and fan. They haven't earned my money and don't deserve it.
    09-21-2016 10:07 AM
    I have had no lag or reception issues on explosive note 7 or this new good note 7. The phone has worked wonderfully for !
    09-21-2016 10:09 AM
    This. Come on everyone, there needs to be a reality check here. Samsung has sold shares in 4 non core companies to help cover the cost of the recall. That truly says it all. There is no getting back from the Note 7. It will be an enormous financial loss and short term tarnish of reputation. You are just kidding yourself if you think this will blow over.

Samsung will get over this and move on to I'm sure great success with the S8 and Note 8. But the Note 7 is dead in the water.
    Could not have said it better myself.
    09-21-2016 10:16 AM
    ... I work in the tech industry and I just found out that referbs will come out around black Friday selling around 529 for note 7s....
    This is what worries me - even rumors of a "cheap" refurb at Christmas is going to depress the resale value of these replacements dramatically if we choose to move on to a G8 or GN8 next year (if you are a buyer, and not on the ATT 12 month "lease" program, so you have to figure in resale value). In fact, I can see this hurting the entire Samsung resale market even if they only discount it $200 at Christmas...
    09-21-2016 10:21 AM
    Fair enough and of course it is a financial hit but 1 bad incident can't undo years of Samsungs work and yes note 7 will be synonymous to explosion but this isn't a small company that will give up. I'm sure they know now that rigorous quality testing is key and the new phones next year will kick butt. As far as apple goes i hate to say it I am fed up of their same stuff ...the home button on iPhone 7 is a tap screen thing more than a actual button kind of annoying personally and their new headphones are awkward. Not my thing and I do not care to be chained to iTunes. I have used many iPhone and samsung phones. I couldn't be happier with my new note 7.
    09-21-2016 10:24 AM
    This. Come on everyone, there needs to be a reality check here. Samsung has sold shares in 4 non core companies to help cover the cost of the recall. That truly says it all. There is no getting back from the Note 7. It will be an enormous financial loss and short term tarnish of reputation. You are just kidding yourself if you think this will blow over.

Samsung will get over this and move on to I'm sure great success with the S8 and Note 8. But the Note 7 is dead in the water.
    If Apple can release the nonsense they have for this long and people STILL will buy their newest product, Samsung won't have a problem selling these. Consumers will buy the Note 7 as soon as it's available again for sale. No one is saying this hasn't been a big drag on Samsung, particularly financially speaking, but to act like the Note 7 is done for is ludicrous. Granted, I love my Note 7 but consumers don't really care what the company's financials are, they care about the device on the shelf. Look at HTC users for crying out loud. Financially speaking it's as if HTC has had this issue every single year and yet people still buy their stuff. No one cares about Samsung selling some shares to balance the budget.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:36 AM
    Fair enough and of course it is a financial hit but 1 bad incident can't undo years of Samsungs work....
    To be fair, Samsung hasnt had the greatest reputation with their phones for a long time. Since the first Samsung Android phone (I forget the name of that horrible device) they have had multiple issues with their flagships. Nothing as bad as this of course but there have been a good amount of other flagships they should have recalled. In the 7 series there were 2 of 4 devices that had serious flaws, the Note and the Active. In the s6 line they had mostly battery and software issues but highly documented issues non the less. The galaxy line, imo, has the best aesthetics of any phone out but it lacks in software and hardware stability.
    09-21-2016 11:35 AM
    you Can't have flexibility and choice.
    Choice of what exactly? I mean a lot of people are not into theming, rooting, switching launchers.
    If that's what you're referring to then I think you're reflecting what you like to do on to others and it's not valid. Anyway I can say this. I have never ever had an issue with my iPads (iPhone TBD). But I have always...always had issues with my Samsung products. Note Pro...constant reboots, TV random boots, S7E screen fail/super hot, N7...well you know all about that.

Apple is not perfect by any stretch, but lets just be honest about who provides an overall better user experience. All of that being said maybe Samsung will get better after this fiasco, slow down and work on quality and stop trying to be number one out the gate.
    09-21-2016 11:42 AM
    Well the people that control the money that allows Samsung the freedom to flood the market to see what sticks care. My money is on Samsung slowing down features and focusing on quality for the next couple of years. So at the end of the day the issue with the N7 might just be the thing that actually elevates their quality to catch up with their design.
    09-21-2016 11:46 AM

Apple is not perfect by any stretch, but lets just be honest about who provides an overall better user experience. All of that being said maybe Samsung will get better after this fiasco, slow down and work on quality and stop trying to be number one out the gate.
    Okay, let's be honest here as you requested. It depends 100% on what experience you're wanting. If you're wanting smooth transitions and consistency, you're right. Apple provides the better overall experience. If you're wanting flexibility, personalization, and better integration with non-Apple products, Android and Samsung provide a better overall experience. Android and my Note 7 is more or less as smooth as any iPhone I've ever used, with only the most rare hiccup.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-21-2016 11:50 AM
    Ya but even apple has had issues let's be fair.. bend gate, antenna issues, hissing noises from iPhone 7 and my iPhone 6 always dropped calls even after working with the carrier to get a new sim... So i agree to disagree lol.
    09-21-2016 12:10 PM
    Flexibility to change fonts, have themes, be able to add whatever you want tobthe device without itunes controlling you, etc.. I can go on. Yes apple customer service and experience is better mainly because they have stored everywhere too and Samsung is remote. It's about time Samsung puts service centers or everywhere in america. Either way nothing changes the fact iPhone has no drastic updates or modifications but everyone has their own preferences mine happens to be Samsung.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:13 PM
    my opinion is that if one tries hard enough, every major brand name has a knock against it. Whoever on the internet or in the media screams loudest about the hypothetical problem tends to make the most news for said brand.
    LegalAmerican and ajb1965 like this.
    09-21-2016 12:14 PM
    Ya but even apple has had issues let's be fair.. bend gate, antenna issues, hissing noises from iPhone 7 and my iPhone 6 always dropped calls even after working with the carrier to get a new sim... So i agree to disagree lol.
    The latest iPhone 7 problem is with the phone going to no service. Apple is investigating that little problem. Also, the lightning EarPods can quit working. That's two problems they have going on with their brand new iPhone.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:40 PM
    I love how everyone is basically ignoring the success of the S7 and S7 Edge.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:59 PM
    good riddance to the fake note fans
    09-21-2016 01:06 PM
    There's still nothing else that I'd rather have currently, so I'm sticking with it.
    09-21-2016 01:15 PM
154 ... 23456 ...