10-18-2016 06:18 PM
154 ... 567
tools
    18%? A mass abandonment of the note 7?
    So 500,000 replacement phones issued in less than a week in the US equals a mass exodus?
    Someone needs needs a remedial math class.
    09-27-2016 08:43 AM
    According to this article, 90% of people got replacements instead of refunds, so thats really good for Samsung

Samsung Galaxy Note7 recall update: 90% opting for replacement rather than refund - GSMArena.com news
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    09-27-2016 09:45 AM
    Once again, it's the doom and gloom crowd, believing anything that paints the Note 7 in a bad light.
    09-27-2016 10:02 AM
    I have in total 7 friends who bought Note 7's. Four of us are with Verizon (actually I bought mine outright) and switched to Total for a much better deal after just one month. There are indeed 5 of us still trying to hold on to our either New Replacement or Original Note 7 bought on Preorder in August. I have my original and I work the hell out of it..... charge to full... and find this to be the COOLEST NOTE model ever made. It doesn't even get warm! ......let alone catch fire or explode!

The cause of this problem is related to the barrier material between Anode and Cathode layers used from certain 3rd party venders, has proven to develop microscopic pin holes in that layer. That when heated via use or charging will show definite signs of over heating you have one that has problems. If you don't.... then you'll have a solid working Note 7..... like the around 15 Million others recalled also are. No doubt Samsung won't be just simply dumping these all into the recycling bin. Instead..... after the investigation is complete, they are setting up Recycling Plants to exchange the batteries and they will be Newest First Ever Technology R&D in SAMSUNG SDI battery division.

Instead of being liquid Li-ion electrolyte filled, they will be solid or semi-solid Gel Electrolytes. This will not only have them lasting a lifetime, but they will be far safer. Since there can be no bleeding of liquid Electrolytes through pin holes in the separation barrier.... to GROUND THEM OUT!!! .......Problem solved and these recycled Note 7 will be better than new. Which Note 7 scored Best Screen, Best Construction (no iBendGate like Apple iPhone 6 models and their subsequent iFixit Discovered "Touch Disease" fiasco going to Class Action court soon!
    10-18-2016 06:18 PM
154 ... 567