Only 18% are going back to the Note7

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I posted a topic suggesting that samsung offer a 50 discount (to be used in their name only when buying a new note 8 or 9 valid for 2 or three years) to anyone that pre-ordered the phone and took delivery. Sure I know they wouldnt make money short term but better than loosing all their hard core fans. Maybe a million of them for good.
I pre-ordered in Thailand mid August and Samsung still cannot give a date depends who you speak to some say next month others say November or December. Who is going to wait till December Samsung has done a terrible job in Asia that represent about 50 percent of there sales.

I'm a Android diehard and have practically every Android Samsung phone since the galaxy s. They're losing me. I just can't trust them anymore. I may come back after a couple years but i don't plan on it.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been a die hard note user since the beginning I have had my note 7 since day one but on Sept 29 I'm jumping ship I can't justify the 1000 dollar investment I paid up front. I work in the tech industry and I just found out that referbs will come out around black Friday selling around 529 for note 7s. The support and resale factor is a big hurt, I'm going to a refurbished note 5 or S7 Edge until note 8 comes out. Lastly how can the Chinese have ground breaking specs but Samsung can't I just heard about the leEco 3 with 6gb 256gb storage and a standard HD screen for 300. Samsung please make the note 8 ground shattering. Ex. Two sizes available 5.5 and 6.2 6gb of ram 256 gb storage ir blaster and 4000mah in the 5.5 and 5000mah in the 6.2 4k screen for all instant hit. But for now I'm going to enjoy my last 9 days with my note 7

They have to throw in the extra stuff to get attention. Samsung keeps margins high by not adding "as many" frivolous things like 6gb ram.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Android diehard and have practically every Android Samsung phone since the galaxy s. They're losing me. I just can't trust them anymore. I may come back after a couple years but i don't plan on it.

In all sincerity, I can't help but wonder how you can't trust them when they came out, admitted a problem, and made it right (or are in the process of making it right). Isn't that better than simply pretending a problem doesn't exist and even going so far as to say the consumer's usage habits are causing the problem?

Of all the reasons I've heard for leaving Android to go to Apple, I can't understand the 'trust' part.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I was going to go back to the Note 7 but since it is impossible to get a replacement from Verizon I say the heck with it.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
They have to throw in the extra stuff to get attention. Samsung keeps margins high by not adding "as many" frivolous things like 6gb ram.

That might be the case but there is lag on the note 7 not much but some and I do believe more ram and a higher processor along with a bigger battery will help. I dont want a leeco I dont want an Iphone what I want is for samsung to be innovative and stop following apple with being marginal. When I turn in my note 7 in 9 days I will go back to a samsung but for much less money (around 300) I paid 900 for note 7 with tax and over a 100 in accessories but for 1000 dollars I expect better. If you can get a Leeco with 6gb and 256 gb or a Mate 9 that launching in nov with 6 gb 6" inch super amoled screen along with 256 gb of mem, all for 699 why must the Note 7 be almost 900. I love samsung but I am having my doubts for the first time since the note 2. Im glad samsung has some die hard note 7 fans, I hope the majority keep the note 7, but for me its a horrible investment knowing Im not going to keep it for more than a year because I purchase my phones outright and flip them the day the new model comes out.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
In all sincerity, I can't help but wonder how you can't trust them when they came out, admitted a problem, and made it right (or are in the process of making it right). Isn't that better than simply pretending a problem doesn't exist and even going so far as to say the consumer's usage habits are causing the problem?

Of all the reasons I've heard for leaving Android to go to Apple, I can't understand the 'trust' part.

He didn't say he was going to Apple or leaving Android, did he?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
All I wonder is, (as I browse the internet with my potentially exploding phone) why, as of yesterday anyway, had only 2 in 10 returned their phones in the US?

Even though many (but definitely not all) were offered some kind of incentive or loaner or at the very least a refund?

I'll tell you why! Because these phones are so crazy awesome you simply do not want to give them back for any reason... Between my husband and I, I believe we've had at least one of the GS2, GS3, Note 2, Note 3, GS4, GS5, Note 4. (skipped Note 5). And although I've always loved Sammy, I've never been SO in love with a phone as I have been with the GN7.

So, only 18% returning to it? Seems like BS to me.

My Fireproof Kitten arrives tomorrow. It's so... anticlimactic... it better be absolutely everything that the current GN7 is (no S-pen problems, display problems, gaps in the body, etc.) or I will order another one and keep my Firestarter for a few more days.

I'm actually going to miss the Silver Sizzler... I've secretly enjoyed taunting/frightening family/friends/forum members and generally being a menace to society with her...

just kidding!

well... ok, maybe a little... :p

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Shouldn't surprise anyone. Phones are not that important to the average person.

They just need something that works and, more importantly, something that is available for sale.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I was going to go back to the Note 7 but since it is impossible to get a replacement from Verizon I say the heck with it.

Maybe I can help... I'm on Verizon, and my phone will be in tomorrow. Others on Verizon have already received their replacements. (I have a tracking # and have been following it; it's really coming!)

But, I bought from a "Verizon but not really" store, and although I believe they truly wanted to help, they couldn't figure out how.

So, I called 800-Samsung and told them I was being denied an exchange. That seems to get their attention.

I told them that I believed my store wanted to help me, but couldn't figure out how. Lo and behold, my "Verizon but not really" store somehow managed to place a replacement order through "Verizon, really", and that was the end of it.

The last thing Samsung wants is someone who IS trying actively to exchange their phone be denied an exchange... That would NOT be a good sound bite on the evening news...

So, give Sammy a call, tell them you've been denied an exchange (you have, if they say they can't/don't know when/don't know how to get you one) and that you need help. Don't expect too much from the actual person you talk to at Sammy; but whoever they turn those types of phone calls over to after you hang up get the job done.

Hope this helps.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
This.

I third of 500 people. So, 170 people said "..." Come on ..

All that said, this has hurt, and I expect a lot of N7 owners have in fact had second thoughts.

Poll science depends on accurate sampling and representatives. All sample sizes are small. The question is not size, but representation. But even I can't get behind this poll as scientific. There's no evidence of science here.

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That maybe an accurate number. But, given the lines that I saw today it sure didn't seem like it is right.

Kind of seems like very few people really care about the recall. From all the activity and people complaining about stores being out of stock for people wanting to exchange or return their loaner. I think this will be a minor hiccup for Samsung. Of course it will always be a punch line for apple.. Haha

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I think people overestimate the attention span of the public, or even the folks posting here.

Shiny new S8 in March...let's see how it plays out. I can tell you now...it will be like none of this ever happened.

Last edited:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I think people overestimate the attention span of the public, or even the folks posting here.

Shiny new S8 is March...let's see how it plays out. I can tell you now...it will be like none of this ever happened.

Yup. I think it'll be like that before Christmas actually ..

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Shiny new S8 in March...let's see how it plays out. I can tell you now...it will be like none of this ever happened.

I am not so sure people will as easily forget a safety issue, like burning batteries that threatened their lives, as quickly as a quality issue, like bendgate, that couldn't hurt anyone.

Chipotle is still suffering from the E.Coli problem they had nearly a year ago. They haven't had any further E.Coli issues, but still business isn't back to where it was before, in spite of loyalty promotions, and showing the public all the new preventive measures they have established in all of their outlets.

I suppose you could counter that car manufacturers have quickly recovered from quality problems that caused deaths of people, but perhaps that is because we have gotten so accustomed, in general, to hearing about automobile fatalities, which happen daily.

Yet, few of us would expect they could be harmed by eating in a restaurant or using a cell phone. So when this unexpected happens to anyone, we might not so quickly forget about it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I am not so sure people will as easily forget a safety issue, like burning batteries that threatened their lives, as quickly as a quality issue, like bendgate, that couldn't hurt anyone.

Chipotle is still suffering from the E.Coli problem they had nearly a year ago. They haven't had any further E.Coli issues, but still business isn't back to where it was before, in spite of loyalty promotions, and showing the public all the new preventive measures they have established in all of their outlets.

I suppose you could counter that car manufacturers have quickly recovered from quality problems that caused deaths of people, but perhaps that is because we have gotten so accustomed, in general, to hearing about automobile fatalities.

Yet, few of us would expect they could be harmed by eating in a restaurant or using a cell phone.

Forget? No. But will it stop people from buying phones will sealed lithium batteries? Probably not.

And as I said in another thread, no one really thinks it's going to happen to them.

If this was HTC, this might end them. But millions of people have already owned Samsung devices that didn't explode.

Note 7 is probably tarnished though, which is a shame.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Forget? No. But will it stop people from buying phones will sealed batteries? Probably not.

And as I said in another thread, no one really thinks it's going to happen to them.

If this was HTC, this might end them. But millions of people have owned Samsung devices that didn't explode.

Millions of unharmed people still eat at Chipotle, too, but many have been scarred off and now eat elsewhere. Similarly, while most may stick with Samsung, others, more worried, have already gone elsewhere and are getting other phones. Samsung, like Chipotle, will have to work to get these people back. While you could say the voluntary recall itself should have been enough, it was for the people getting a replacement, but obviously not for those who are not. Not everybody thinks it can't happen to them.

I agree there is no doubt that Samsung will survive this, because unlike HTC, they have big assets that don't depend just on their phone business. But make no mistake that this isn't hurting Samsung, even though Samsung can just sell off some of its assets, like Sharp, to pay for this fiasco.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Damn, I wish someone would tell that to the people packing my local Chipotle lol

Some people will be scared off no doubt, but as my friend told me today. Now is a time I WOULD buy a Samsung, because I know they will make extra efforts to make their product safe.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Damn, I wish someone would tell that to the people packing my local Chipotle lol

Some people will be scared off no doubt, but as my friend told me today. Now is a time I WOULD buy a Samsung, because I know they will make extra efforts to make their product safe.

The problem is most of us expect any phone to be already completely safe, since most phones ARE completely safe.

If you felt betrayed by Samsung that they didn't make the N7 completely safe to begin with, what assurances do you have they will immediately have everything fixed regarding quality? Effort aside to make a product safer, this will not happen overnight. For example, after this recall, Samsung may need to look at tighter quality control and tolerances from not only its own battery factories, but from outside battery suppliers to insure consistent quality.

It took a couple of months before Chipotle figured out everything that went wrong and everything that could go wrong not only in the restaurant but with their food suppliers. It took time to educate their employees and implement new food supply chain and restaurant food handling procedures, before they felt comfortable that the E.Coli problem wouldn't happen again.

Therefore, if I was scarred off by all this, I would, like Chipotle customers, who, after a delay, are beginning to come back, wait a while to come back to Samsung.

Give an A for effort for what Samsung has done thus far, but permanent fixes just don't happen overnight.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay