Only 18% are going back to the Note7

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The problem is most of us expect any phone to be already completely safe, since most phones ARE completely safe.

If you felt betrayed by Samsung that they didn't make the N7 completely safe to begin with, what assurances do you have they will immediately have everything fixed regarding quality? Effort aside to make a product safer, this will not happen overnight. For example, after this recall, Samsung may need to look at tighter quality control and tolerances from not only its own battery factories, but from outside battery suppliers to insure consistent quality.

It took a couple of months before Chipotle figured out everything that went wrong and everything that could go wrong not only in the restaurant but with their food suppliers. It took time to educate their employees and implement new food supply chain and restaurant food handling procedures, before they felt comfortable that the E.Coli problem wouldn't happen again.

Therefore, if I was scarred off by all this, I would, like Chipotle customers, who, after a delay, are beginning to come back, wait a while to come back to Samsung.

Give an A for effort for what Samsung has done thus far, but permanent fixes just don't happen overnight.

But that's just it. Most phones ARE safe, even Note 7 phones. Whatever Samsung phone people are currently using is and has been safe. Samsung will make sure future phones are safe, given that if they don't they are MAJORLY screwed.

Of course it's going to take time to heal their brand, no doubt about that, but it will be limited to the phone it should be limited to...the Note 7.
I expect this to barely effect next year's S line at all. Once again, shiny new toy meets short memories .

The AC roundtable on this issue is a great read. And I agree with them. :)

Last edited:

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Of course it's going to take time to heal their brand.....

The AC roundtable on this issue is a great read. And I agree with them. :)

And most of the people in that AC round table agreed it would take time for the brand to heal; that N7 sales wouldn't recover even with price cuts or promotions; one person on the round table said we shouldn't even presume that all of the N7 replacements are safe; that only time will tell that for sure. That latter person's concern would resonate with those who chose not to get a replacement and those who because of the bad publicity, will never buy this phone. Hopefully, for Samsung's sake, those people will be the minority and the survey reported at the beginning of this thread is wrong.

Last edited:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
And most of the people in that AC round table agreed it would take time for the brand to heal; that N7 sales wouldn't recover even with price cuts or promotions; one person on the round table said we shouldn't even presume that all of the N7 replacements are safe; that only time will tell that for sure. That latter person's concern would resonate with those who chose not to get a replacement and those who because of the bad publicity, will never buy this phone. Hopefully, for Samsung's sake, those people will be the minority and the survey reported at the beginning of this thread is wrong.

We are the minority. The majority of people just don't care much about this and are much more concerned about more important problems in the world.

There is no mass returning of Samsung phones. Folks are still enjoying their S7 and S7 Edge devices as always.

The Note 7 is pretty much dead. It won't recover from this, and that's a big short term loss for Samsung. Going forward though, the healing time I believe will be between now and the company's next smartphone launch lol

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
You can't trust anything from Survey Monkey unless you are asking workers where they want to eat for lunch today. It is not anywhere near a good sample. They did no research to contact owners, just let people claim they are owners. The margin of error on this must be in the neighborhood of 300%.

No doubt some are switching phones for good and many probably are going to Iphone, but there is no way for them to know with that instrument. Just be happy with the phone you have and let them do what they are going to do.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
My main question is whether Samsung will just decide it isn't worth it to release Nougat for this phone, considering there will be fewer people wanting or owning it?

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I went temporarily to the iPhone 7 Plus while waiting for the Note 7 to go back on sale. While the processor in the 7 Plus is a monster, there is just something about the Note 7 / S-Pen / Display / Feel in hand that the iPhone just can't match!

Note4

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Had the lack of communication stretched out from the 2 weeks we were in limbo to a month I would have switched. Very happy with the solution though.

I prefer the better pictures/vids and the higher water resistance of the Note to the iphone. Not a Samsung enthusiast necessarily, just want the best on the market for my money. I'm glad I have that despite being inconvenienced for a few weeks because of a defective battery.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
All of the customers that came in over the two days I spent at Best Buy exchanging my Notes wanted exchanges. Best Buy and the carriers do not care what phone you buy. It is their job to sell you something. If you are on the fence then they will point you towards what they think you will buy. Just refunding your money on a defective phone is not in their best interest. Pre-ordering a replacement phone was a good move on their part. No need to order excess inventory on a phone people may not want to buy, Still I have friends waiting to get their first Note. What makes the new 7 a worse phone than Notes 1-5?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
We are the minority. The majority of people just don't care much about this ...

The Note 7 is pretty much dead. It won't recover from this, and that's a big short term loss for Samsung. Going forward though, the healing time I believe will be between now and the company's next smartphone launch lol

yes, the majority of the people won't even remember this in a month or 2, certainly by the holidays. The Note 7 will sell fine, as soon as they stop announcing it on airlines. Memories are very short. With the election and the holidays coming up, only us nerds are gonna be talking about this.

Normal customers are gonna walk in a store and buy the phone that looks the best with the best screen (like they do a lot), which is the Note 7 now. In Verizon stores, they already are ...

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I went to best buy and I was there in line for about an hour there was more people returning for exchanges for other phones or getting their money back then getting note 7s. I asked the sales rep how many people are keeping note 7s and just exchanging he said about half, I then asked how many people are moving to iphones he said very little, android people and iPhone people are different, most of the people switching to iphones are females and non techies but for the most part there's not alot of note 7 to iphone exchanges. I told him I'm returning and waiting for the next best thing from Samsung I'm going to fall back on a note 5 he said there's been a lot of people asking for refurbished S7 S7 edges and note 5s because they are half the cost of the note 7 and some people don't see a big difference and are tired of the note 7 debacle. So on the whole its looking 5050 at best buy

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
(self selection with no controls)

Is that like having a predisposed agenda and then *selecting* the questions to align with your desired result? Or as I firmly believe, most surveys (Statistics are mathematically correct B.S.) are FUD dispensers to sway the opinion of the undecided/ill-informed?..........:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers