12-23-2016 10:13 AM
155 ... 4567
tools
    Just bought a IPad Air 2 wifi & Cellular to go with my IPhone 7+ , darn Samsung see what you did
    Dukins likes this.
    11-28-2016 11:32 PM
    Just bought a IPad Air 2 wifi & Cellular to go with my IPhone 7+ , darn Samsung see what you did
    I don't understand?
    11-29-2016 12:14 AM
    I don't understand?
    Well after losing my N7 I bought a iPhone 7+ so now that I'm invested in Apple and needed a tablet The only logical choice was iPad. The 2 play well together
    So if I had my N7 would still be loyal to Samsung
    11-29-2016 09:53 AM
    Ah... There are other Android phones to you know lol
    11-29-2016 12:22 PM
    Ah... There are other Android phones to you know lol
    Exactly! I'm sorry but no true android enthusiast would jump to an iphone. There are so many others to choose from. Maybe a die hard note fan would go with an Iphone temporarily and switch back for the note 8. But go over to the dark side just like that, I just can't understand that.
    buzzy3970 and jlost like this.
    11-29-2016 07:36 PM
    Exactly! I'm sorry but no true android enthusiast would jump to an iphone. There are so many others to choose from. Maybe a die hard note fan would go with an Iphone temporarily and switch back for the note 8. But go over to the dark side just like that, I just can't understand that.
    I've considered the iPhone 7 plus on a couple of occasions(only because of the good trade-up offers), but just can't force myself to do it. I keep thinking about everything I would miss. No matter what people say iOS gets boring quick. The only thing I can see myself truly enjoying is iMessage(apple really did their thing with the latest update). I don't like when I can only use my phone the way the manufacturer allows. Not to mention I switch phones often because I love technology. I can't constantly justify getting a new phone every year that has the same exact software as it's predecessor. Also I get tired of the it just works comment. I work in wireless and see problems with an iPhone almost everyday that is mostly hardware related(i.e. Screen unresponsive, can't hear out of ear piece, etc. No phone is problem free and the iPhone is not excluded from that list.
    11-29-2016 08:12 PM
    If the 10th Anniversary iPhone has a variant that supports the apple Pencil, I'll go all in with iOS
    11-29-2016 08:31 PM
    How would you feel between the iphone 7 plus, V20 and S7 edge? Would I like going to a 7 plus from an S7 edge? Worth the trade?
    12-03-2016 01:10 PM
    How would you feel between the iphone 7 plus, V20 and S7 edge? Would I like going to a 7 plus from an S7 edge? Worth the trade?
    Probably not. iOS is boring
    12-03-2016 04:56 PM
    iOS isn't as good, but close enough.

And if problems arise, there's value in NEVER needing to deal with Samsung again
    12-03-2016 06:09 PM
    Now I'm reading about the v20 having the camera cracking issue. Maybe the 7 plus is the safer option.
    12-04-2016 12:52 PM
    Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I prefer the performance of Apple. I prefer the camera and screens of Samsung. I could own either and be happy, although Samsung pay keeps me with Sammy.
    I agree with performance and screen of Samsung, but I barely use any of the pay options. So my choice is Apple. My credit union just received Samsung Pay. Comfortable on either platform, the battery drainage on Samsung drives me crazy.
    12-05-2016 08:54 AM
    Exactly! I'm sorry but no true android enthusiast would jump to an iphone.
    Why not? The world doesn't work in black and white. There are many shades of gray. iOS 10 is a huge improvement over previous iterations of iOS. I traded my Note7 for an iPhone 7 Plus (instead of a V20, Pixel XL, etc.) because the hardware features were almost as good as the hardware on the Note7. The iPhone 7 Plus has great water resistance (IP67!), two cameras like the V20, stereo sound, and iOS 10 allows widgets. The only thing I miss about Android is the customization, especially using Zedge to customize my notification sounds, but that's all I miss. Everything else on the iPhone 7 Plus is better than the latest offerings from Android. The Pixel/Pixel XL has LTE and Bluetooth connectivity issues, it doesn't offer water resistance, it's got a boring and bland design, and there's no wireless charging. That's why I didn't get a Pixel XL over my iPhone 7 Plus.
    12-05-2016 12:12 PM
    Many of us aren't "true Android enthusiasts", but "phone enthusiasts" or "nerdy gadget enthusiasts" or "not enthusiasts at all, just want something awesome that works and isn't totally mind numbingly broken".
    Dukins and jlczl like this.
    12-05-2016 12:15 PM
    Just switched back to my iPhone 7 Plus after about 3 weeks on the Pixel XL. Why the Pixel is smooth and has a great camera, I think im just going to sell it and stick for only the iPhone for now. Apple really made a great phone and iOS 10 is great as well. The pixel is just pretty ugly, that speaker is complete junk and im not just talking about the placement. No water resistance and honestly, the battery life is not all that, my max time was 5 hour on screen time but most of the time I would get 4. I run facebook, instagram, facebook messenger and no I will not get rid of things that makes a smartphone.

All in all, the iPhone is the next best after the Note 7 this year.
    12-05-2016 12:48 PM
    Just switched back to my iPhone 7 Plus after about 3 weeks on the Pixel XL. Why the Pixel is smooth and has a great camera, I think im just going to sell it and stick for only the iPhone for now. Apple really made a great phone and iOS 10 is great as well. The pixel is just pretty ugly, that speaker is complete junk and im not just talking about the placement. No water resistance and honestly, the battery life is not all that, my max time was 5 hour on screen time but most of the time I would get 4. I run facebook, instagram, facebook messenger and no I will not get rid of things that makes a smartphone.

In your opinion just like the Note 5 is the next best for me and when the Note 5 gets Nougat, it will be as close to the Note 7 as possible.
    12-05-2016 04:35 PM
    I happily use my 3 Android phones and like what they have to offer and I can understand why some might think iOS is boring. I always chuckle at that though. Is a computer's OS supposed to entertain me? Its apps, yes, but its OS features? I guess there are arguments on both sides but iPhones typically work well and even my lowly iPhone SE has amazing battery life compared to my V20s (and they're considered pretty good by Android standards). I love the huge screens and not-huge bezels on my V20s but the 6s Plus/7 Plus are great devices. They're fast, fluid and the apps tend to be just a hair better on iOS (in my experience). Yeah, there's no endless customization to entertain me if I'm bored, like in Android, but what the iPhone does it typically does very well and with great battery life.
    12-05-2016 05:08 PM
    I didn't immediately jump to an iPhone, I opted for a V20 first. Still have it, but since I cracked the camera glass and decided it was time to dump the N7 I picked up a 128gb jet black 7 plus last weekend and have been using it since. There's several things I wish it had that my V20/Android has, but overall it's a huge improvement over older versions of iOS. Waiting on a jailbreak, which could be a longggg ways out (7 took months, 8 was broke within Weeks, 10 is proving to be difficult) but overall its not a bad device at all. Battery life is insane, by far beats my N7 and my V20. Charge time sucks, but I have outlets throughout my house with USB charge ports and I think they run 4v and charge even my tablets super quick so I mostly use that if in a hurry.

I probably wouldn't have got the 7 if I hadn't broke the glass on my V20 already, but having the camera handicapped is a nuisance so I figured I'd try it out.

It has a few things going for it. Stereo sound although isn't the greatest, it's nice I guess. Ip68 rating over the V20 is nice, battery life, a good camera, etc. At first it was "eh", but I'm growing used to it. Each OS is always going to have its pros and cons. I bet it Apple ever put iOS on a third party device with a more open source platform (I know, I know, far fetched for sure) you'd see a lot of Android people on it.

It seems like a lot of diehard Android enthusiasts have actually given the 7 plus a shot as their first iOS device and have even given it a good review. For what it is, it works, and that's what grabs people's attention
    12-08-2016 06:46 PM
    The Note 5 just works also lol
    12-08-2016 06:53 PM
    I'm sorry but no true android enthusiast would jump to an iphone.
    But a true TECH enthusiast would.
    dohlo likes this.
    12-08-2016 07:04 PM
    IMO the s7 edge is the best, followed closely by the Note 5. Throw in the Pixel, nexus 6P then 3 or 4 other android phones, Then I might consider getting an iPhone.

I
    12-08-2016 11:08 PM
    Note 7 explosion problem had me worried, so i went with LG. iPhone doesn't appeal to me whatsoever mainly due to its lack of headphone jack.
    12-09-2016 12:38 AM
    I am not loyal to one platform at all. I use what I like. I had the note 7. Then I had the edge. Don't like because I'm finding I really don't like the curved screen. And it seems everyone is starting to go to that. Tried the v20. But I have bad luck with phones in general and really just did not want to deal with the chance of camera lense breaking. I felt like I had to baby the phone. That is me though. So now I have the iphone 7 plus. Let me say I am in love with this phone. So for now that is what I'm on.

I'm not worried about the apps as if I go back to android my apps I bought will be there for me still. I love both platforms. I still come here because I love reading about all the different phones.
    jlczl likes this.
    12-17-2016 10:28 AM
    I just don't get this. All the talk about a mess of angry, dissatisfied Note 7 customers defecting to iPhone.

How does dissatisfaction with one Android phone mean an automatic defection to iPhone?-A completely different eco system. Wouldn't the vast majority of Note 7 users look to another Android flagship?

Haven't most people who can afford a Note 7 invested in apps on Google Play? Apps that you buy that is not carried over to ios. My Sygic navigation app cost me $50 AU and I lose that if I go to ios.

I just can't see the logic of all this. I can understand a mass defection from the Note 7 to either the S7 or other Androids, but I just can't see the reason why you would switch completely different eco systems and operating platforms.
    Not everyone buys apps
    12-18-2016 09:01 AM
    Why not? The world doesn't work in black and white. There are many shades of gray. iOS 10 is a huge improvement over previous iterations of iOS. I traded my Note7 for an iPhone 7 Plus (instead of a V20, Pixel XL, etc.) because the hardware features were almost as good as the hardware on the Note7. The iPhone 7 Plus has great water resistance (IP67!), two cameras like the V20, stereo sound, and iOS 10 allows widgets. The only thing I miss about Android is the customization, especially using Zedge to customize my notification sounds, but that's all I miss. Everything else on the iPhone 7 Plus is better than the latest offerings from Android. The Pixel/Pixel XL has LTE and Bluetooth connectivity issues, it doesn't offer water resistance, it's got a boring and bland design, and there's no wireless charging. That's why I didn't get a Pixel XL over my iPhone 7 Plus.
    But the IPhone doesn't have wireless charging either
    Almeuit likes this.
    12-18-2016 09:04 AM
155 ... 4567