For those abandoning Note 7-Why automatically iPhone?

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Why? Because anyone with poor enough judgment to ditch the Note 7 due to the recall, will likely continue that bad decision making by getting an iPhone.

The problem is that I was prepared to hang on to my note 7and keep it till note 8 came out. But I just got a text today that they are dropping the battery down to 60%. I am so ticked off I will never own a Samsung again.

I am going to compare all androids and if I can't find an android I will switch to Apple.

I spent a couple months on vacation with my cousin and really liked her iPhone, but I liked my note better. Now that I am forced to give up my note 7 I will make a decision on Nov 9th

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A significant number of people came to the Note 7 as their first Android device and with the experience they had, went back.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I went to the IP7 plus. It's a great device in its own right. I loved my note 7 but they messed up and that's not my fault. Samsung didn't have a suitable replacement for the n7 since I didn't want or like the s7 edge. I decided to give apple a shot and I'm super glad I did. This phone's awesome. Super fast and smooth out of the box. Fantastic battery life and did I mention fast? Makes the n7 soc look like it was from 4 years ago.

Next fall it will either be a note 8 or ip8 plus. We will see who brings out their best. Honestly at this point I'm a little pissed off at Samsung and enjoying my ip so much that I'm leaning apple.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I left Apple after iphone4, My reasons were small screen and customizing home screen, Since then I don't really customize my home screen anymore and just have all my apps there like iPhone anyways

I have the iPhone7+ and this thing runs great and battery life is best I've ever compare to on android SamsungS4,Note3-4-7,Oneplus1-2-3,Nexus6P,NexbitRobin. Everyone of those phones don't run nearly as smooth as the iPhone.

So far all the apps I use and even the Google apps run and have better features on the iPhone it's like most of the android apps are just slapped together compared to iPhones apps..

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that I was prepared to hang on to my note 7and keep it till note 8 came out. But I just got a text today that they are dropping the battery down to 60%. I am so ticked off I will never own a Samsung again.

I am going to compare all androids and if I can't find an android I will switch to Apple.

I spent a couple months on vacation with my cousin and really liked her iPhone, but I liked my note better. Now that I am forced to give up my note 7 I will make a decision on Nov 9th
Because switching to Apple will solve your issues with Samsung?

Last edited:

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I don't get it either. Then again, I like Android, not Samsung. A lot of people just buy one of the big two and ignore everything else. There are a lot of interesting, high quality, and affordable Android devices outside of Samsung.

IN fact, the Note 7 was my first Samsung because they usually didn't bring anything interesting or unique enough to the table for me to go that route.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I just don't get this. All the talk about a mess of angry, dissatisfied Note 7 customers defecting to iPhone.

How does dissatisfaction with one Android phone mean an automatic defection to iPhone?-A completely different eco system. Wouldn't the vast majority of Note 7 users look to another Android flagship?

Haven't most people who can afford a Note 7 invested in apps on Google Play? Apps that you buy that is not carried over to ios. My Sygic navigation app cost me $50 AU and I lose that if I go to ios.

I just can't see the logic of all this. I can understand a mass defection from the Note 7 to either the S7 or other Androids, but I just can't see the reason why you would switch completely different eco systems and operating platforms.

Because it's easier doing a lateral than going backwards, to an S7. Don't beat yourself up, counting the days till the Note 8 pre-order :) :) :)

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't get it either. Then again, I like Android, not Samsung. A lot of people just buy one of the big two and ignore everything else. There are a lot of interesting, high quality, and affordable Android devices outside of Samsung.

IN fact, the Note 7 was my first Samsung because they usually didn't bring anything interesting or unique enough to the table for me to go that route.
Samsung has been the only phone company besides lg bringing unique features to the table...every other phone compAny has only copied what samsung started......

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Samsung has been the only phone company besides lg bringing unique features to the table...every other phone compAny has only copied what samsung started......
Thus why I went with a LG V20 after my Note 7........... however I will absolutely keep an eye out for news on the S8s and whatever will be replacing the N7 next year
hhhhhmmmmm!

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You realize that going to Apple is going backwards lol

That's your opinion and in my opinion your dead wrong. I used to think that way also. That is, until I got the IP7 plus. This is how a to teir smartphone with top of the line hardware is supposed run and act. No it doesn't pack the kitchen sink on terms of having every feature known to man but it different need to either because what it does do it does light years better than my old note devices did. I'll name two big ones that always annoyed me. One is chasing rouge battery demon apps and two is overall smoothness of the ui and apps. These two things are a non issue with iOS and they are very important to me. I got tired of constantly trying to achieve better battery life and figuring out which pos app was killing my battery most. It became an obsession and I'm honestly glad to be rid of it. The super smoothness of this phone can't can't be understated enough. It performs how a device should.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
That's your opinion and in my opinion your dead wrong. I used to think that way also. That is, until I got the IP7 plus. This is how a to teir smartphone with top of the line hardware is supposed run and act. No it doesn't pack the kitchen sink on terms of having every feature known to man but it different need to either because what it does do it does light years better than my old note devices did. I'll name two big ones that always annoyed me. One is chasing rouge battery demon apps and two is overall smoothness of the ui and apps. These two things are a non issue with iOS and they are very important to me. I got tired of constantly trying to achieve better battery life and figuring out which pos app was killing my battery most. It became an obsession and I'm honestly glad to be rid of it. The super smoothness of this phone can't can't be understated enough. It performs how a device should.
In my opinion, having a stylus that is feature rich like the spen with features that are actually useful and without having the need to download an app for everything that you want to do on your phone and seeing if that app works is what makes android better. Yes, some phones are not as buttery smooth as the iPhone but my Note 5 is smooth and battery is good. Plus, Apple "invents" a feature that was on Android already. That's a no good.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, having a stylus that is feature rich like the spen with features that are actually useful and without having the need to download an app for everything that you want to do on your phone and seeing if that app works is what makes android better. Yes, some phones are not as buttery smooth as the iPhone but my Note 5 is smooth and battery is good. Plus, Apple "invents" a feature that was on Android already. That's a no good.

I'm not saying I disliked my note devices. I had a note 2,3,4,5 and two note 7's. I loved my devices and having to give up the note 7 is still a sore subject to me in all honesty. That said I liked having the spend but truth be told I hardly ever used it. I think I liked there idea oft knowing it was there more than anything else. There truth is I didn't use alot of the extra features like the spen. I used it mainly as a regular smart phone. There were alot of apps for example I wouldn't even install for fear of them starting to drain my battery to much. I hated having to constantly check gsam to see what was going on. Also it pissed me off that my note 5 was smoother than my note 7. As much as I loved my n7 and other notes in all honesty I was always making excuses for androids short comings in my mind. Basics like apps not ripping up your battery and basic smoothness oft the ui and scrolling through web pages and scrolling through thousands of pictures in there gallery. I shouldn't have to think about. That is exactly what iOS and the IP7 plus execel at. I found myself not using alot PDF there extra crap on my notes and always deep down being annoyed at the most basic things and house they ran.

So when Samsung shot themselves in the foot with the n7 I decided to goto the enemy. Wow all the things I always made excuses for and just accepted are exactly what iOS excels at. I mean chrome runs buttery *** smooth on my IP7 plus and runs circles around how it ran on there more 7 and the 5 for that matter. I mean come on really? That's unacceptable to me. Anyway that's my two cents. In a weird way I still feel like I'm cheating on my wife defecting to apple but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's been about a month.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Have to agree with you. With iOS I don't have to worry about what apps I have running, how many things I'm syncing. No need to turn off Location, Bluetooth, wifi. I did like the Note 7 better than my iPhone 7 Plus though.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have been an Android user since 2008 and have upgraded to every big flagship, usually 2-3 times per year. I've had every Galaxy S and Note phone. I've been considering trying the iPhone for a while now and this Note 7 ordeal finally gave me the push. I've had my 7 Plus for about a month now and I love it. Everything about it is so much smoother and the battery life is insane. The apps for iOS also seem years ahead of those on Android. I honestly don't see myself leaving iOS.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been an Android user since 2008 and have upgraded to every big flagship, usually 2-3 times per year. I've had every Galaxy S and Note phone. I've been considering trying the iPhone for a while now and this Note 7 ordeal finally gave me the push. I've had my 7 Plus for about a month now and I love it. Everything about it is so much smoother and the battery life is insane. The apps for iOS also seem years ahead of those on Android. I honestly don't see myself leaving iOS.

I haven't had an Android phone as my primary since 2012. I don't know why but right before the iPhone 5 I decided to up and trade my galaxy nexus for an iPhone 4 and I haven't looked back. Yeah every year I get the Android itch and in 2013 I even sold my 5S for a Nexus 5 and after 5 days I was trading back for a 5S because at that point I had missed touchID while using the Nexus it was that awesome, to me anyways, but with all the Samsung's do this and LGs do this it took 2 years for Google to finally implement a fingerprint API into Android and it's still not at the level of TouchID. So much for that rapid pace of innovation. Yes I know about the Atrix and how Android devices had fingerprint authentication before Apple but the implementation was terrible.

Not to say I don't miss Android at points but after being back on iOS for so long it's just the little things that drive me nuts when going back to Android for a week or so mainly one of them being the tapping clock on the status to scroll to the top of anything. Also  Pay in apps like Starbucks and Panera is awesome and something Android Pay still doesn't have. So while yes Android is far ahead in some areas Apple still beats Android in some respects.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had an Android phone as my primary since 2012. I don't know why but right before the iPhone 5 I decided to up and trade my galaxy nexus for an iPhone 4 and I haven't looked back. Yeah every year I get the Android itch and in 2013 I even sold my 5S for a Nexus 5 and after 5 days I was trading back for a 5S because at that point I had missed touchID while using the Nexus it was that awesome, to me anyways, but with all the Samsung's do this and LGs do this it took 2 years for Google to finally implement a fingerprint API into Android and it's still not at the level of TouchID. So much for that rapid pace of innovation. Yes I know about the Atrix and how Android devices had fingerprint authentication before Apple but the implementation was terrible.

Not to say I don't miss Android at points but after being back on iOS for so long it's just the little things that drive me nuts when going back to Android for a week or so mainly one of them being the tapping clock on the status to scroll to the top of anything. Also  Pay in apps like Starbucks and Panera is awesome and something Android Pay still doesn't have. So while yes Android is far ahead in some areas Apple still beats Android in some respects.
May want to do some research. While I don't care for Starbucks I do like Panera and you can in fact use android pay. Believe it or not there 1479645178713.jpgare actually some apps that accept Android pay that don't have apple pay integration. We all have our opinions. There are many things that make me not like Apple for instance the lack of smart lock. While fps can be fast I don't feel the need to have to do that everytime I want to access my phone especially when I'm in my house or car with no one around. That's the good thing about choices 😊

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
May want to do some research. While I don't care for Starbucks I do like Panera and you can in fact use android pay. Believe it or not there View attachment 246403are actually some apps that accept Android pay that don't have apple pay integration. We all have our opinions. There are many things that make me not like Apple for instance the lack of smart lock. While fps can be fast I don't feel the need to have to do that everytime I want to access my phone especially when I'm in my house or car with no one around. That's the good thing about choices

Well about time with Panera then LOL. I haven't really used Android since trying the 6P earlier in the year so not up to snuff on the newest things except what I read on AC.