For those abandoning Note 7-Why automatically iPhone?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I read all the Apple fan stuff here, but I just don't get it.

My house is ALL Apple; Apple Extreme router, Apple TV, Apple Airport Express, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPad (which is a stupid device), but I just can not understand the fascination with their phones even though all the good points have been brought up by posts on this thread. Every time I pick one up and fiddle around with it just leaves me puzzled what the big deal is with these devices. Oh well...at least we have choices. Next up Google Pixel, should be a hoot.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Hard to separate the Apple fans {there's another epithet for them} from the truly disappointed Android users. But it is baffling that people who supposedly used Android successfully for years suddenly have found ios to be the dream os they have been looking for their entire lives. Just an observation.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I read all the Apple fan stuff here, but I just don't get it.

My house is ALL Apple; Apple Extreme router, Apple TV, Apple Airport Express, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPad (which is a stupid device), but I just can not understand the fascination with their phones even though all the good points have been brought up by posts on this thread. Every time I pick one up and fiddle around with it just leaves me puzzled what the big deal is with these devices. Oh well...at least we have choices. Next up Google Pixel, should be a hoot.

Did you know Apple did away with their router team? They decided to back out of it so if you like that router be sure to hang onto it :).

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I prefer the performance of Apple. I prefer the camera and screens of Samsung. I could own either and be happy, although Samsung pay keeps me with Sammy. :)

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand?

Well after losing my N7 I bought a iPhone 7+ so now that I'm invested in Apple and needed a tablet The only logical choice was iPad. The 2 play well together
So if I had my N7 would still be loyal to Samsung

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Ah... There are other Android phones to you know lol

Exactly! I'm sorry but no true android enthusiast would jump to an iphone. There are so many others to choose from. Maybe a die hard note fan would go with an Iphone temporarily and switch back for the note 8. But go over to the dark side just like that, I just can't understand that.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! I'm sorry but no true android enthusiast would jump to an iphone. There are so many others to choose from. Maybe a die hard note fan would go with an Iphone temporarily and switch back for the note 8. But go over to the dark side just like that, I just can't understand that.

I've considered the iPhone 7 plus on a couple of occasions(only because of the good trade-up offers), but just can't force myself to do it. I keep thinking about everything I would miss. No matter what people say iOS gets boring quick. The only thing I can see myself truly enjoying is iMessage(apple really did their thing with the latest update). I don't like when I can only use my phone the way the manufacturer allows. Not to mention I switch phones often because I love technology. I can't constantly justify getting a new phone every year that has the same exact software as it's predecessor. Also I get tired of the it just works comment. I work in wireless and see problems with an iPhone almost everyday that is mostly hardware related(i.e. Screen unresponsive, can't hear out of ear piece, etc. No phone is problem free and the iPhone is not excluded from that list.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
How would you feel between the iphone 7 plus, V20 and S7 edge? Would I like going to a 7 plus from an S7 edge? Worth the trade?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I prefer the performance of Apple. I prefer the camera and screens of Samsung. I could own either and be happy, although Samsung pay keeps me with Sammy. :)

I agree with performance and screen of Samsung, but I barely use any of the pay options. So my choice is Apple. My credit union just received Samsung Pay. Comfortable on either platform, the battery drainage on Samsung drives me crazy.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Exactly! I'm sorry but no true android enthusiast would jump to an iphone.

Why not? The world doesn't work in black and white. There are many shades of gray. iOS 10 is a huge improvement over previous iterations of iOS. I traded my Note7 for an iPhone 7 Plus (instead of a V20, Pixel XL, etc.) because the hardware features were almost as good as the hardware on the Note7. The iPhone 7 Plus has great water resistance (IP67!), two cameras like the V20, stereo sound, and iOS 10 allows widgets. The only thing I miss about Android is the customization, especially using Zedge to customize my notification sounds, but that's all I miss. Everything else on the iPhone 7 Plus is better than the latest offerings from Android. The Pixel/Pixel XL has LTE and Bluetooth connectivity issues, it doesn't offer water resistance, it's got a boring and bland design, and there's no wireless charging. That's why I didn't get a Pixel XL over my iPhone 7 Plus.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Many of us aren't "true Android enthusiasts", but "phone enthusiasts" or "nerdy gadget enthusiasts" or "not enthusiasts at all, just want something awesome that works and isn't totally mind numbingly broken".

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just switched back to my iPhone 7 Plus after about 3 weeks on the Pixel XL. Why the Pixel is smooth and has a great camera, I think im just going to sell it and stick for only the iPhone for now. Apple really made a great phone and iOS 10 is great as well. The pixel is just pretty ugly, that speaker is complete junk and im not just talking about the placement. No water resistance and honestly, the battery life is not all that, my max time was 5 hour on screen time but most of the time I would get 4. I run facebook, instagram, facebook messenger and no I will not get rid of things that makes a smartphone.

All in all, the iPhone is the next best after the Note 7 this year.