10-09-2016 10:09 AM
231 12345 ...
tools
    I did a chat and was told I couldn't do it online
    09-20-2016 07:52 PM
    Can we buy this phone yet? Or is this for replacement / recall people only?
    09-20-2016 08:04 PM
    People with T-mobile may beg to differ.
    They've been all over the place this week in regards to how to handle the replacements.
    Correct, less than 20 T-Mobile replacements have been given out already and almost everyone has come back with different messages from their incompetent reps and supervisors......tomorrow will be a absolute mess for us T-Mobile customers
    09-20-2016 08:06 PM
    I haven't received my replacement yet. Has anyone done a backup and restore to/from your SD card with SS Side sync? Did it work? I always install things fresh. But I thought now with identical hardware perhaps I can take the easier way?
    Radiikal likes this.
    09-20-2016 08:25 PM
    I realize there are issues with getting your replacements, and you can't comment if your replacement is better or worse than your old N7 til you get your new one, but we are going off topic here if we are talking about how poorly the exhange is going. This exchange discussion is more appropriate to other threads elsewhere that are carrier specific.

Let's try to confine the discussion here to how the replacements themselves stack up to your original N7, beyond the safer battery. Hopefully, they don't have any new issues, but this is the place to talk about it, if they do. Thank you.
    Serkle K and Amele like this.
    09-20-2016 08:32 PM
    No issues so far. I have noticed that battery life is much better than my original and my original battery life was good.
    09-20-2016 09:20 PM
    Can we buy this phone yet? Or is this for replacement / recall people only?
    Only for people who are swapping out their old Note 7 for the replacement one.

That's what AT&T told me today.

Luckily, I already had mine (sad i never got to take it home) but had to return it because of the recall.
    09-20-2016 09:59 PM
    Does anyone else have an issue with their new device where the screen at max brightness is considerably dimmer than their old model ? I turned off auto brightness and cranked it up to max and it still looks about the same as my Nexus 6p, where it used to be much brighter.it also continues to auto dim everyone once in a while even though auto brightness is turned off.

I also get a message now when cranking up to max brightness that due to overheating you cannot raise the brightness any higher. Never had this message on a Samsung phone before. On a similar note, when changing the screen mode between ambled cinema and ambled photo, there is virtual no difference. Whereas as my tab s2 for example, there is a considerable difference between the two modes.
    I had a similar issue with the old Note 7. One minute it would be fine and then the next it would dim. Happened a few times when I was on YouTube and doing other stuff. Then if I go to a different page or click out it would be fine again. Hope that doesn't happen this time.
    09-20-2016 10:09 PM
    No issues so far. I have noticed that battery life is much better than my original and my original battery life was good.
    Same here. Battery life was very good and now seems even better. The cynic in me expected the opposite...

No display issues here. I adjust to 40% since seems too bright unless in sunlight.
    09-20-2016 10:13 PM
    Verizon model here.
    09-20-2016 10:28 PM
    Verizon model here. Everything seems fine except the push button on my S Pen rattles a little when plugged into the phone.
    Maybe I just need a new S Pen. It's the little clicky thing that seens wobbly.
    09-20-2016 10:28 PM
    This phone is working a little better then my previous one as far as performance.... Maybe cause I didn't use smart switch and just used the Samsung backup and reset to restore my device...
    09-20-2016 10:51 PM
    Only for people who are swapping out their old Note 7 for the replacement one.

That's what AT&T told me today.

Luckily, I already had mine (sad i never got to take it home) but had to return it because of the recall.
    I wonder if they'll let me grab one tomorrow. I returned my Note already, maybe the second week of the recall. Ended up pre ordering the iPhone 7 but i'm thinking i'm gonna stick with the Note and help Samsung out with my wallet.
    09-20-2016 11:15 PM
    Verizon model here. Everything seems fine except the push button on my S Pen rattles a little when plugged into the phone.
    Maybe I just need a new S Pen. It's the little clicky thing that seens wobbly.
    Same here except I'm on AT&T... I knew I should have kept the S Pen from my non-exploding-but-potentially-exploding Note
    Serkle K and felloffthetruck like this.
    09-20-2016 11:20 PM
    Got mine today, as far as the phone goes, it's good. The spellchecker is better on the keyboard too, the last phone was awful.

So..I am having one issue. I bought a dock and a car charger with the ctype input via Amazon and ebay. Now the car charger and the dock will not charge. Nothing but the original charger (+the bonus one from my previous phone) will work now. Anyone else having issues with non OEM chargers?
    09-20-2016 11:30 PM
    Got mine today, as far as the phone goes, it's good. The spellchecker is better on the keyboard too, the last phone was awful.

So..I am having one issue. I bought a dock and a car charger with the ctype input via Amazon and ebay. Now the car charger and the dock will not charge. Nothing but the original charger (+the bonus one from my previous phone) will work now. Anyone else having issues with non OEM chargers?
    Haven't got my replacement yet so i can't answer this but it makes me wonder if Samsung set it up to where none OEM chargers can't be used. Just a thought. It might just be the one you got. But I'm curious to know this to for when I get mine even the I mainly use the OEM charger and Samsung wireless fast charger.
    09-20-2016 11:35 PM

Using both non oem cables n wall and portable charger with zero issues and fast charging.
    09-21-2016 01:13 AM

I use the OEM wall plug with another Android cable and it works fine. It still fast charges my phone.
    09-21-2016 02:07 AM
    None so far, it even improved. Better battery life, brighter screen at the same brightness level.

Just received the update yesterday so now I have the green battery icon.

I'm really happy with my replacement.
    09-21-2016 06:36 AM
    Instead of restoring mine I followed this approach (FDR - manual download and reinstall).

Overall mine seems as smooth if not a little smoother than what i remember.

Coming from the s7e - it's a little laggy in a few apps but overall is performing very well.

The most noticeable improvement I've had is the battery life (6+ hours SOT). My old N7 was lucky to get 4.5.

But I'm convinced that I had a bad battery (lost complete charge twice).
    One other thing I've noticed is that my Edge Panel seems less responsive than my original N7. However, I concur, that I seem to be getting better overall battery life just over the last day alone. I should mention that yesterday, I carried the device around with me all day without the SIM in it. Running off of wifi and setting it up manually, I didn't want to have to worry about losing connectivity to calls or texts.
    09-21-2016 08:32 AM
    One other thing I've noticed is that my Edge Panel seems less responsive than my original N7. However, I concur, that I seem to be getting better overall battery life just over the last day alone. I should mention that yesterday, I carried the device around with me all day without the SIM in it. Running off of wifi and setting it up manually, I didn't want to have to worry about losing connectivity to calls or texts.
    The only issue I had with my original phone was the edge screen was a bit sluggish. I hope that is improved on my replacement phone, which should be here tomorrow. I hope everything else is as great as my original.
    09-21-2016 08:57 AM
    My original was laggy when I first got it, but doing a factory reset and then clearing device cache after reinstalling apps (In my experience, clearing device cache after reinstall apps on a new or upgraded phone makes the phone run smoother) fixed the lag.

The new one runs perfectly, like a fine Swiss watch.
    09-21-2016 09:15 AM
    I have not had mine for 24 hours yet, but so far so good. My S-Pen got stuck the first two or three times I pulled it out yesterday. I was going to take it back today, but after those first few times it's been fine.

I had zero issues with my original Note 7 and so far so good with this one. Still getting set up again though since I always to a fresh install. It will take a few days to get it all the way I like it.
    09-21-2016 09:21 AM
    My new Note came with an S-pen that was hard to remove. The guy at the store let me keep the old S-pen, which is working fine. Other than that, the phone is working great, just as my old one did.
    09-21-2016 09:39 AM
    Are you happy with your replacement N7? Obviously it has a safer battery, but are you noticing anything else that is better or worse than what you had with your original N7?

For example, if you had lagging issues before, is that now lessened? With the new battery, has your screen on time improved?
    I've only had mine for several hours, but the initial set up posed one significant problem. My original Note 7 synced perfectly with my car including messages, contacts, calls and music. When I got the loaner S7E it would synchronize calls and music, but not messages and contacts. Now that I have the replacement, I tried to sync last night and again it will only sync calls and music, but no messages and contacts. Not a huge issue, but annoying as the initial one worked perfectly.

Monique
    09-21-2016 10:18 AM
231 12345 ...