10-09-2016 10:09 AM
231 ... 23456 ...
tools
    My new Note 7 has much less lag than my original Note 7/battery life already seems to be stabilized after only a day of use/no other issues. Actually restored from previous backup on new Note 7..with no issues thus far (pleasantly surprised!).
    09-21-2016 10:26 AM
    I feel like my replacement N7 the very tip of the s pen slightly sticks out of the bottom.... Anyone else seeing this on there's... I can't remember if my original N7 did this as well??
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:39 AM
    Can we buy this phone yet? Or is this for replacement / recall people only?
    I bought one from Verizon last night.
    09-21-2016 11:01 AM
    None so far, it even improved. Better battery life, brighter screen at the same brightness level.

Just received the update yesterday so now I have the green battery icon.

I'm really happy with my replacement.
    Interesting

I am not happy with the battery life at this point used almost 70% in 14 hours which included overnight
    to recharge the near 70% almost 2 hours
    09-21-2016 11:04 AM
    Side note, I am using Verizon's Samsung Note 7 while the screen shows the battery completly charge at 100% the charging light stays RED for about 30 more minutes
    09-21-2016 11:06 AM
    Same here except I'm on AT&T... I knew I should have kept the S Pen from my non-exploding-but-potentially-exploding Note
    Glad I'm not alone. Wonder if the carrier would give us a replacement S pen.
    09-21-2016 11:26 AM
    Are you happy with your replacement N7? Obviously it has a safer battery, but are you noticing anything else that is better or worse than what you had with your original N7?

For example, if you had lagging issues before, is that now lessened? With the new battery, has your screen on time improved?
    technically, if your battery is of higher quality, it should translate to better battery life since that excess heat was draining the battery quicker. I think samsung have gone to extra lengths to ensure that nothing else goes wrong. Otherwise they could potentially lose a lot of customers. i don't think people would leave just because of one issue like this.
    09-21-2016 11:29 AM
    I feel like my replacement N7 the very tip of the s pen slightly sticks out of the bottom.... Anyone else seeing this on there's... I can't remember if my original N7 did this as well??
    Same deal here and the S Pen push button seems wiggly while the pen is in the phone.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-21-2016 11:32 AM
    Same deal here and the S Pen push button seems wiggly while the pen is in the phone.
    Yes exactly how mine feels... Also when the pen is out of the phone the top push button seems very wobbly...... I also noticed on the back right side of my phone where the glass meets the metal there's a gap I can feel an see... The other side isn't like this it's pretty much flush, I don't remember if my original N7 had this issue or not but it's kind of annoying
    09-21-2016 11:56 AM
    Yes exactly how mine feels... Also when the pen is out of the phone the top push button seems very wobbly...... I also noticed on the back right side of my phone where the glass meets the metal there's a gap I can feel an see... The other side isn't like this it's pretty much flush, I don't remember if my original N7 had this issue or not but it's kind of annoying
    Wonder how we can get new S Pen's? Can you post a picture of this gap?
    Is this gap near the S Pen hole?
    09-21-2016 11:59 AM
    Wonder how we can get new S Pen's? Can you post a picture of this gap?
    Is this gap near the S Pen hole?
    The gaps on the opposite side of where the S Pen is.... I got a pic but it's kinda hard to see... Not even sure how to actually attach a pic on here lol
    09-21-2016 12:10 PM
    I noticed last night while redownloading my apps that they've disabled download booster on the replacement N7's when the phone get to a certain temp. A notification literally pops up saying "download booster has been disabled to prevent device from overheating". I also noticed quick charging via wireless charging doesn't seem to be as fast as before.
    09-21-2016 12:11 PM
    Side note, I am using Verizon's Samsung Note 7 while the screen shows the battery completly charge at 100% the charging light stays RED for about 30 more minutes
    Not noticed the issue on mine. Seems as good as last one. Maybe better, but probably a placebo
    09-21-2016 12:20 PM
    Us verizon users will let you know when they actually start to replace them. No commission on the replacements, so getting the pass around. Tomorrow is the 21st, wonder if they will actually start the replacements or have a new excuse
    I got Fedex confirmation that mine from VZW is shipping tomorrow...I changed mine to black from the blue (by choice)
    09-21-2016 12:25 PM
    Mine did that on the Original N7...so I went to a store and sure enough, the display units they had did the same thing. Then a guy went back and got his...his did the same thing...very slight. So I think that is how it was before.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:27 PM
    I got Fedex confirmation that mine from VZW is shipping tomorrow...I changed mine to black from the blue (by choice)
    Mine is going thru the Fed ex system, will be here tomorrow
    09-21-2016 12:37 PM
    yes, still have the original and it just barely sticks out.
    09-21-2016 12:43 PM
    I didn't have lag...or if I did it wasn't enough that bothered me (I wasn't trying to compare it to anything), but I was having some other little issues, such as my custom ringtone wouldn't "stick". I finally did a FDR and just redid it from scratch (I had used Smart Switch to go from Galaxy S7 to Note 7). Now my ringtone sticks no problem...any little things that were bugging me are gone. I know it sucks to do it this way, but if you have ANYTHING customized, honestly it really is the best way to ensure things work as well as they possibly can.
    What does FDR mean
    09-21-2016 12:57 PM
    What does FDR mean
    Factory data reset
    09-21-2016 01:00 PM
    Anyone know if stores will exchange because of the gap between the glass an metal casing?
    09-21-2016 01:02 PM
    Had the N7... went to an LG V10 as an interim device (loved it btw- battery was terrible but the phone was awesome) - now back to N7 as of 2 hours ago. So far so good with the battery- meaning that the battery was exactly at 50% when i turned it on. Since then, I've

*Done a FDR
    *Did initial setup of phone
    *Restored 69 apps through Google backup
    Restore home screen settings through my Samsung account
    Posted and looked on Instagram
    Sent numerous texts to my wife letting her know that I got sucked in again (she now wants her Coral Blue one back and is having me take her to the store tonight lol)

I am currently at 42% battery. Hopefully this keeps up. I'm going to cycle charge it 3-4 times to make sure I have at least done my part to continue to get excellent battery life.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-21-2016 01:38 PM
    Had the N7... went to an LG V10 as an interim device (loved it btw- battery was terrible but the phone was awesome) - now back to N7 as of 2 hours ago. So far so good with the battery- meaning that the battery was exactly at 50% when i turned it on. Since then, I've

*Done a FDR
    *Did initial setup of phone
    *Restored 69 apps through Google backup
    Restore home screen settings through my Samsung account
    Posted and looked on Instagram
    Sent numerous texts to my wife letting her know that I got sucked in again (she now wants her Coral Blue one back and is having me take her to the store tonight lol)

I am currently at 42% battery. Hopefully this keeps up. I'm going to cycle charge it 3-4 times to make sure I have at least done my part to continue to get excellent battery life.
    What's the best way to cycle charge?
    09-21-2016 01:42 PM
    My phone is working amazing.. Fast.. Great battery life.. I didn't mind the lag from the first n7.. But now I'm not experiencing any lag
    09-21-2016 01:52 PM
    Anyone know if stores will exchange because of the gap between the glass an metal casing?
    I do not see this on mine. I'm sure you could exchange it if there is a noticeable problem like that.
    Call and make sure they have your color before heading there.
    09-21-2016 01:58 PM
    I just received mine from FedEx (I'm on VZW). It's not the pen that's the issue, it's the phone. I still have my original N7 - have to ship it back, tho they did not send me a label. Anyway, I switched and put my original S-Pen in the new N7 and it's exactly the same. It sticks out a tiny (BIG enough to be hugely irritating!) bit, and definitely does wobble left/right. In my original N7 the pen is flush and snug no matter which pen I put in it. It's like the pen hole is shorter and wider.

I didn't activate it yet (waiting for SMS Backup & Restore to finish on my original). After I get those restored I'll take a pic and/or video of them side by side, and each with both pens (still have my N5). In the scheme of things I don't know if this would ever have bothered me (lol, had the BlackBerry Tour ages ago with the crazy trackpad and had the phone replaced more times than I could count!), but after this fustercluck the past month, it's p*ssing me off. Definitely feel like the resale value won't be the same as previous Notes. Might be the first time I "trade up" or whatever it's called when I've paid 50% :\
    09-21-2016 02:26 PM
231 ... 23456 ...