10-09-2016 10:09 AM
231 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I do not see this on mine. I'm sure you could exchange it if there is a noticeable problem like that.
    Call and make sure they have your color before heading there.
    I got that crazy light bleed on both sides too!
    09-21-2016 02:31 PM
    The only issue I had with my original phone was the edge screen was a bit sluggish. I hope that is improved on my replacement phone, which should be here tomorrow. I hope everything else is as great as my original.
    My replacement (due tomorrow according to the tracking #) GN7 will actually be my 3rd GN7. The first had trouble with the edge screen not sensing touch. I replaced it with my current exploding kitten, which I really love... Everything, and I do mean everything (other than the possible exploding/fire/zombie apocalypse scenarios) is so perfect on it. My point is that if that edge screen is not right, you will know right away, and will want to exchange it. You will only realize how annoying the edge screen not working right is, when you get one where the edge screen is working perfectly...
    09-21-2016 02:46 PM
    I just did the exchange this morning (T-Mobile). So far, so good. One slight issue I experiencing is with the power button, which rattles a bit more than my previous one. Decreasing the vibration intensity remedies the issue luckily.
    09-21-2016 02:50 PM
    One other thing I've noticed is that my Edge Panel seems less responsive than my original N7. <snip>
    My first GN7 I had replaced because of the edge panels not responding to touch... If it seems to get worse over the next week or so, (like mine did), I would get it replaced. The one I have now is SO perfect (aside from all the exploding stuff, of course...) I hate to have to go with a 3rd one...
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-21-2016 02:54 PM
    Had the N7... went to an LG V10 as an interim device (loved it btw- battery was terrible but the phone was awesome) - now back to N7 as of 2 hours ago. So far so good with the battery- meaning that the battery was exactly at 50% when i turned it on. Since then, I've

*Done a FDR
    *Did initial setup of phone
    *Restored 69 apps through Google backup
    Restore home screen settings through my Samsung account
    Posted and looked on Instagram
    Sent numerous texts to my wife letting her know that I got sucked in again (she now wants her Coral Blue one back and is having me take her to the store tonight lol)

I am currently at 42% battery. Hopefully this keeps up. I'm going to cycle charge it 3-4 times to make sure I have at least done my part to continue to get excellent battery life.
    How do i do an FDR?
    09-21-2016 02:56 PM
    I would have been heading over there by now. Go exchange that phone before there is no more stock.
    09-21-2016 03:02 PM
    How do i do an FDR?
    Go to settings>back up and reset>factory reset
    09-21-2016 03:14 PM
    I thought this was supposed to be "normal ", or at least Samsung discovered this in a lot of the units and called it a "feature" in the owners manual. I hope this feature wasn't figured into the high cost of the phone.
    09-21-2016 03:31 PM
    No problems with the original (other than the heat issue while charging) or the new one. I did back up my original Note 7, but ended up loading things manually, as I do love a fresh start on a device. I love this phone.
    09-21-2016 03:39 PM
    I notice longgggggger charging time. Not sure about the longevity of each charge though. Just got the device 3 hours ago.
    tclarson1 likes this.
    09-21-2016 03:45 PM
    My replacement so far (1 day only) is substantially improved over my prior version. Battery life is amazing. I am at 72% right now - been off the charger since 8am. My prior N7 I would be around 40% right now. This new battery life is comparable to my S7E. Makes me definitely think something was wrong with my other N7 which could barely last a day on a charge. Also, the new one has no lag. Either I had a lemon or the new ones are better.
    Todd Anthony1 likes this.
    09-21-2016 03:47 PM
    My replacement so far (1 day only) is substantially improved over my prior version. Battery life is amazing. I am at 72% right now - been off the charger since 8am. My prior N7 I would be around 40% right now. This new battery life is comparable to my S7E. Makes me definitely think something was wrong with my other N7 which could barely last a day on a charge. Also, the new one has no lag. Either I had a lemon or the new ones are better.
    My replacement is definitely better
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:05 PM
    My replacement seems faster, but I'm sure it just placebo. The in difference I know is factual is that my speaker is much louder than my last model. Can't imagine that's a design change...like I just had a so so speaker on the last one and didn't notice (I'm not one of those guys that uses his speaker...so it'd make sense if I didn't pay it much attention)
    09-21-2016 05:10 PM
    Is your phone black?
    09-21-2016 05:35 PM
    Is your phone black?
    Yes it is
    09-21-2016 05:48 PM
    My replacement is definitely better
    Wonder if the battery issues contributed to the poor battery life people were complaining about?
    Todd Anthony1 likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:50 PM
    Yes it is
    Ok just couroius , but any complaints I have read about light bleed have been from black phones, maby it's just more pronounced with black, not saying this is a fact
    09-21-2016 05:50 PM
    The edges that people say are open and exposed? That's actually in the manual. They talk about why that it. It's not a defect. I had my first N7 submerged in a foot of water for 10 min with zero issues at all and noticed what everyone is saying. It's by design.
    09-21-2016 05:53 PM
    Ok just couroius , but any complaints I have read about light bleed have been from black phones, maby it's just more pronounced with black, not saying this is a fact
    My black has no light bleed and I even looked at it in the dark with a magnifying glass.
    09-21-2016 05:55 PM
    9.7/2016 China..
    The same color
    The speeds are even slower in Geek Bench then the other 4 phones I had.
    The phone still gets hot, but that is with most phones.
    The issues that were on the other 4 still exist. The LAG is still there and very predominant. The reception still sucks, my friends new S7 Edge gets 4 bars where I get 1. (SAME provider). And the damn notification sound "loop" that keeps repeating it self still happens intermittently. Crashing seems to have subsided on the new one, but will see how long that lasts.

Not rooted:
    Been mater reset before I put anything on it:
    Just put memory card in and brought apps over (the issues were happening before I loaded anything on it)

Sigh.. No bueno..

Also, not sure if it means anything but 1. I had the black square and "V2" on mine, no big S dot on mine.
    I don't get a green battery (but maybe that is just for the updated old ones)
    And I am on TMO..
    09-21-2016 09:16 PM
    mines flush... do you have the button pushed in? I know that is a silly question, but thought I would ask.
    09-21-2016 09:18 PM
    No lag on my tmobile device yet and much faster and smoother than my original note 7...make sure not to use smart switch
    09-21-2016 09:26 PM
    9.7/2016 China..
    The same color
    The speeds are even slower in Geek Bench then the other 4 phones I had.
    The phone still gets hot, but that is with most phones.
    The issues that were on the other 4 still exist. The LAG is still there and very predominant. The reception still sucks, my friends new S7 Edge gets 4 bars where I get 1. (SAME provider). And the damn notification sound "loop" that keeps repeating it self still happens intermittently. Crashing seems to have subsided on the new one, but will see how long that lasts.

Not rooted:
    Been mater reset before I put anything on it:
    Just put memory card in and brought apps over (the issues were happening before I loaded anything on it)

Sigh.. No bueno..

Also, not sure if it means anything but 1. I had the black square and "V2" on mine, no big S dot on mine.
    I don't get a green battery (but maybe that is just for the updated old ones)
    And I am on TMO..
    Make sure you use the new SIM card that came with device...do a factory reset and avoid setting up with smart switch or samsung cloud
    09-21-2016 09:27 PM
    Very frustrated. My external speaker doesn't work. No ring, no music, no audio in video playback. Back to the sprint store for me tomorrow.
    09-21-2016 09:42 PM
    My first GN7 I had replaced because of the edge panels not responding to touch... If it seems to get worse over the next week or so, (like mine did), I would get it replaced. The one I have now is SO perfect (aside from all the exploding stuff, of course...) I hate to have to go with a 3rd one...
    Thanks for the heads up! How did you handle the original return for that issue?
    09-21-2016 09:56 PM
231 ... 34567 ...