Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you happy with your replacement N7? Obviously it has a safer battery, but are you noticing anything else that is better or worse than what you had with your original N7?

For example, if you had lagging issues before, is that now lessened? With the new battery, has your screen on time improved?

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
This is the one thing that I'm most concerned about myself since my note is pretty much flawless right now. I'm hoping the quality control on these new replacements has been heightened as a result of this recall, but somehow I doubt it. Seems like they needed to make a few million phones as quickly as possible & I'm almost certain there will be other random issues popping up with some of the replacements. Only time will tell.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is the one thing that I'm most concerned about myself since my note is pretty much flawless right now. I'm hoping the quality control on these new replacements has been heightened as a result of this recall, but somehow I doubt it. Seems like they needed to make a few million phones as quickly as possible & I'm almost certain there will be other random issues popping up with some of the replacements. Only time will tell.

I feel the same way.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Just exchanged for two days and so far it's good. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed as my previous unit only started having problem after 3 weeks.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
knock on wood, my replacement has been running as excellent as my "possibly explosive" device did before I turned it in.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Us verizon users will let you know when they actually start to replace them. No commission on the replacements, so getting the pass around. Tomorrow is the 21st, wonder if they will actually start the replacements or have a new excuse

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Just exchanged for two days and so far it's good. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed as my previous unit only started having problem after 3 weeks.

What problem did you have with your original N7 that seems, so far, not a problem with your replacement?

Weils

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
This is my 3rd day using my replacement Note and so far no problems. But like chyeo's, I also have problems with my first Note 3 weeks in. It shut down by itself and kept restarting, prompting me to verify my phone to unlock with a password even though I never switched on secure startup. From then on, it occasionally relapsed with this issue. I heard this was a reported bug. Just hope my replacement doesn't give me problems.

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I would check for how hot the new phones get after charging. My explosive phone doesn't get that hot on the back when charging but I worry some of the new replacements might. My Note 5 use to get really hot when it charged and it wasn't on a recall list. It also got hot in my pocket.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
This is something I am worried about.

I got my replacement yesterday. I let it restore from a backup, via samsung cloud, and I noticed that it is a little laggy as compared to my original Note7. I am considering wiping it before I set it up with my other email addresses and Samsung Pay again. And just go back to setting things up manually.

Can anyone say that this method would make any kind of difference?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This is something I am worried about.

I got my replacement yesterday. I let it restore from a backup, via samsung cloud, and I noticed that it is a little laggy as compared to my original Note7. I am considering wiping it before I set it up with my other email addresses and Samsung Pay again. And just go back to setting things up manually.

Can anyone say that this method would make any kind of difference?
There were quite a few people in the 'lag' thread that reported a FDR and fresh start with no restore solved some lag issues.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
There were quite a few people in the 'lag' thread that reported a FDR and fresh start with no restore solved some lag issues.
Fresh start is allways the best , go to settings tap on build number 7 times to enable developer options then go to advanced in devp options and turn off Animation ,I set mine to 0.5 makes a hudge difference.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Fresh start is allways the best , go to settings tap on build number 7 times to enable developer options then go to advanced in devp options and turn off Animation ,I set mine to 0.5 makes a hudge difference.

I like the animations, if it doesn't seem to improve after the FDR, I'll try that.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
What problem did you have with your original N7 that seems, so far, not a problem with your replacement?
Actually, mine old one scared the hell out of me yesterday - I went to turn it on at the house to do a backup, then a Factory Reset before going to AT&T for the swap - it wouldn't turn on! I shut it off, fully charged two weeks ago and put it in the box - dead as a door nail - put it on the wireless charger. Would not charge - blue light, battery symbol but no movement, not charging ring symbol, no percentage. Tried a wall charging cable - same thing - DEAD! Aghhhhh!

Took it to AT&T anyway, explained it to them and the Rep asked me if I had checked my IMEI Number on the Samsung site and I had - he just smiled and said "Don't worry about it" ??? What's that about?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I would check for how hot the new phones get after charging. My explosive phone doesn't get that hot on the back when charging but I worry some of the new replacements might. My Note 5 use to get really hot when it charged and it wasn't on a recall list. It also got hot in my pocket.

Why are you more concerned about the new phones getting hot?

Bimmerman

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that bought a used Note 7 been successful in swapping it out?

I have been trying for a while and I am just getting the run around from everyone and not sure what to do about it.

The update is waiting on my phone and I am not sure who long I can post-pone it.