10-09-2016 10:09 AM
231 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I setup a pattern for my security...when my phone is re-booted, it now asks for the pattern, takes about 10 seconds to boot (there is a lock logo is on the screen) and then is ready for use....I don't remember it doing that on the launch day Note 7's
    Turn off encryption. I had the same thing on my Active.
    I cant find where to turn it off on the N7.
    09-21-2016 11:23 PM
    Turn off encryption. I had the same thing on my Active.
    I cant find where to turn it off on the N7.
    He/she wouldn't have to turn off encryption, just secure startup
    justin1578 likes this.
    09-22-2016 12:14 AM
    What I'm doing is transferring my stuff from my current note 7 to the new one via smart switch while I'm at the verizon store tomorrow.
    T-Mobile wouldn't allow that. The government agency that got in on the recall told them, "all recalled phones must be powered off at all times in the store"! They said they can't transfer your stuff and you can't have the old phone on to do it yourself. Has to be from a backup source.
    09-22-2016 01:33 AM
    There seems to be a slight cosmetic defect with my replacement Note 7. It's very difficult to see in photos so I'll just try to describe it.

The top-left and bottom-right corners seem to have a thin, faint layer of gold paint where the blue coral glass meets the gold metal. It's only showing up on the opposite corners mentioned, so I'm not sure if all the replacements in that color have this (i.e. by design) or if it's a defect. I bet many wouldn't even notice it, but I could swear it wasn't the case with my original (recalled) blue Note 7.
    09-22-2016 01:50 AM
    T-Mobile wouldn't allow that. The government agency that got in on the recall told them, "all recalled phones must be powered off at all times in the store"! They said they can't transfer your stuff and you can't have the old phone on to do it yourself. Has to be from a backup source.
    What? There was a guy at my Verizon store doing Smart Switch between his old and new Note7 with no issue. I factory reset mine in the store in front of them before turning it in with zero issues.
    09-22-2016 02:05 AM
    I have a Sprint device and I am noticing very slow charging even when set to fast charge. Also, it doesn't vibrate when I receive text messages.

The setting is turned on.
    09-22-2016 07:42 AM
    Thanks for the heads up! How did you handle the original return for that issue?
    For that return, I just happened to have returned it and got it replaced the day before the recall...
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:24 AM
    Finally got my Note 7 swapped out. Had no issues with my "explosive" model. One thing I have noticed on this replacement is that even with my going into setting -> Sounds and vibrations -> notification sounds -> Message notifications, change that to a new tone, it still has my messages on the Message+ app the same as my emails. Really annoying. Did the same thing on the explosive one and it worked great. Been trying for 2 days now. I can't find a work around. No setting in the actual app. Guess I will have to change to a new app that has an option to change within the app. I like using the Message+ because Verizon backs them up on the app.

Anyone else having the same issue? It did the system update when I picked it up on Tuesday so it is the newest version.
    Wbrian likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:16 AM
    Finally got my Note 7 swapped out. Had no issues with my "explosive" model. One thing I have noticed on this replacement is that even with my going into setting -> Sounds and vibrations -> notification sounds -> Message notifications, change that to a new tone, it still has my messages on the Message+ app the same as my emails. Really annoying. Did the same thing on the explosive one and it worked great. Been trying for 2 days now. I can't find a work around. No setting in the actual app. Guess I will have to change to a new app that has an option to change within the app. I like using the Message+ because Verizon backs them up on the app.

Anyone else having the same issue? It did the system update when I picked it up on Tuesday so it is the newest version.
    Hi ... I moved your thread to an existing similar thread.
    09-22-2016 10:21 AM

If you go to settings then sounds then notification sounds you will be led here where you can change all your sounds and even different sounds for each email account
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-22-2016 11:27 AM
    If you go to settings then sounds then notification sounds you will be led here where you can change all your sounds and even different sounds for each email account https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...aa75279e69.jpg

Appreciate the advice. Assuming you are not on Verizon, mine only has the three options, email is not one of them.

Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?-screenshot_20160922-093140.jpg
    09-22-2016 11:33 AM
    Double post
    09-22-2016 11:41 AM
    Make sure you use the new SIM card that came with device...do a factory reset and avoid setting up with smart switch or samsung cloud
    Out of curiosity, why the new sim? I did the master reset already which I put in my comments. As well, it was lagging before I even put anything on the phone and it's still lagging now.
    09-22-2016 02:06 PM
    The antenna bands are not as dark as my old one.
    It doesn't show up too good in the picture, much more noticeable in person.
    Not a big deal, it just doesn't blend in as good now.

New top, old bottom.

Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?-ur18n2tl.jpg
    09-22-2016 02:14 PM
    That is inaccurate. I sat in the store, still using my old one on "wireless" while all my data transferred over. After it was done, I then master reset the phone and cleared all the data...
    09-22-2016 02:27 PM
    My battery life seems worse on my replacement phone. I charged my phone to 100% today and as soon as i turned the phone back on it dropped to 99%. I made 2 calls and setup Samsung pay and downloaded and setup hiya and now my battery sits at 87%. My first note would have been at 90 to 92% So a slight decrease in charge and usage
    09-22-2016 02:53 PM
    Battery life is insane on my new device. Charged it last night. Took it off charger at 1am, woke up at 6am. Using all day. Battery is at 71℅ right now.
    Shamshi-Adad and lsmith9523 like this.
    09-22-2016 03:36 PM
    Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?-1474576660990.jpg
    Dukins likes this.
    09-22-2016 03:37 PM
    My battery life seems worse on my replacement phone. I charged my phone to 100% today and as soon as i turned the phone back on it dropped to 99%. I made 2 calls and setup Samsung pay and downloaded and setup hiya and now my battery sits at 87%. My first note would have been at 90 to 92% So a slight decrease in charge and usage
    Same.. I unplugged in and screen was off. Came out of a 15 min shower and it was at 96%... Meanwhile my iPhone 6plus (almost 3 years old) was also off the charger PLAYING PANDORA.. and was at 99%... this phone.. I swear to god
    09-22-2016 03:52 PM
    Recorded a crap ton of 4K video and pics. Keep getting resource in use error when trying to transfer to pc using the original cable. First time I have seen that on any device.
    09-22-2016 04:36 PM
    Same.. I unplugged in and screen was off. Came out of a 15 min shower and it was at 96%... Meanwhile my iPhone 6plus (almost 3 years old) was also off the charger PLAYING PANDORA.. and was at 99%... this phone.. I swear to god
    Is your setup and the application running the same on the replacement as it was on the original N7? If so, this stinks but could get better with a few charge-discharge cycles.
    09-22-2016 04:41 PM
    Been using the phone all day for the Mobile Hot Spot for my laptop. It just took 1 hour 5 min to charge from 32 to 100 while continuing to use the Hotspot.

This was only the 2nd charge. The first was right out of the box. I left the phone off and it took 1 hr 20 min to go from 50 to 100. So it seems to be settling in ok. Oh and minimal warmth during the whole time both times.

Peace. Alan
    SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.0.1]
    ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.]
    09-22-2016 04:57 PM
    I setup a pattern for my security...when my phone is re-booted, it now asks for the pattern, takes about 10 seconds to boot (there is a lock logo is on the screen) and then is ready for use....I don't remember it doing that on the launch day Note 7's
    Mine did, if it had been turned off first.
    09-22-2016 05:14 PM
    The antenna bands are not as dark as my old one.
    It doesn't show up too good in the picture, much more noticeable in person.
    Not a big deal, it just doesn't blend in as good now.

New top, old bottom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ur18n2tl.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	240295
    I noticed this as well lol my lines are lighter colored too
    09-22-2016 06:58 PM
    That is inaccurate. I sat in the store, still using my old one on "wireless" while all my data transferred over. After it was done, I then master reset the phone and cleared all the data...
    May not be inaccurate. Some personnel may simply ignore what they've been told for the sake of better customer service.
    09-22-2016 08:10 PM
231 ... 45678 ...