10-09-2016 10:09 AM
231 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Got my replacement just a few min ago. Updated and green battery indicator. Phone feels lighter than old one maybe cause of a different battery. Will take me a couple days to get it back to where it was as I only changed over the contacts to get out of Best Buy that was a horrible 4 hour experience. Not their fault but AT&Ts.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-22-2016 08:23 PM
    So I got my replacement this evening. First thing I've noticed very apparently is that my home button has more of a click to it....not really a bad thing to me though lol. Phone is definitely more responsive!
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-22-2016 08:56 PM
    Got my replacement just a few min ago. Updated and green battery indicator. Phone feels lighter than old one maybe cause of a different battery. Will take me a couple days to get it back to where it was as I only changed over the contacts to get out of Best Buy that was a horrible 4 hour experience. Not their fault but AT&Ts.
    Totally thought it was just me that felt the phone was lighter!
    soldier45 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-22-2016 09:00 PM
    Update also got the $25 credit Samsung promised us and another $25 for having the hassle with them tonight from AT&T for 4 hours doing the swap. I'll take it.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:09 PM
    My battery seems to drain faster than my first one.
    09-22-2016 09:18 PM
    So I have a Black Onyx Note 7, as was my Original Note7. I initially thought I was just being over analytical on the replacement, but after I put it in a case with a color boarder, I am noticing that the screen is off center. The left side of the device has a wider "black bar" on it vertically, compared to the right side of the screen. I guess not a hugely big deal, but it's noticeable. I first noticed it without the case, but now with it, it's even more noticeable.
    09-22-2016 09:28 PM
    I am noticing that the screen is off center. The left side of the device has a wider "black bar" on it vertically, compared to the right side of the screen. I guess not a hugely big deal, but it's noticeable. I first noticed it without the case, but now with it, it's even more noticeable.
    You are a better person than I am lol. I would notice it every time I glanced at the phone, and every hiccup the phone ever had I would wonder if my phone was a 'last shift on Friday' phone.
    09-22-2016 09:38 PM
    I am having am issue. In the settings, the accessory setting is missing and I cannot turn on fast wireless charging. Anyone else experiencing this?
    09-22-2016 09:46 PM
    You are a better person than I am lol. I would notice it every time I glanced at the phone, and every hiccup the phone ever had I would wonder if my phone was a 'last shift on Friday' phone.
    I think I am going to try to exchange it this weekend. Possibly tomorrow. It does bother me, absolutely. But after the recall, and knowing others already have had bad experiences, I don't know that I want to roll the dice again with trying to get another replacement.
    09-22-2016 09:53 PM
    I am having am issue. In the settings, the accessory setting is missing and I cannot turn on fast wireless charging. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Thanks to someone smarter than me, my problem was solved. I just had to put the phone on the pad and the setting popped up.
    09-22-2016 10:14 PM
    My youngest has had her replacement Note 7 for a few days. She noticed that it gets hot faster, battery drains faster and lags. She did restore her data through Samsung Cloud. She didn't have these issues with the original Note 7.

This is something I am worried about.

I got my replacement yesterday. I let it restore from a backup, via samsung cloud, and I noticed that it is a little laggy as compared to my original Note7. I am considering wiping it before I set it up with my other email addresses and Samsung Pay again. And just go back to setting things up manually.

Can anyone say that this method would make any kind of difference?
    09-22-2016 10:55 PM
    Seems like no huge problems with replacements, so far.... Another battery problem would be a killer for Samsung !
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:04 AM
    My youngest has had her replacement Note 7 for a few days. She noticed that it gets hot faster, battery drains faster and lags. She did restore her data through Samsung Cloud. She didn't have these issues with the original Note 7.
    Maybe try resetting phone and manually install apps. You can download contacts and messaging from the cloud
    BustA Groove likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:24 AM
    Same.. I unplugged in and screen was off. Came out of a 15 min shower and it was at 96%... Meanwhile my iPhone 6plus (almost 3 years old) was also off the charger PLAYING PANDORA.. and was at 99%... this phone.. I swear to god
    Don't even compare battery life between the two. There is literally no competition. I came from 6s+ and 6+. You will either have to accept the fact that note 7 is inferior in battery life or go back to apple. Harsh, but facts.
    09-23-2016 07:43 AM
    Mine is working great with battery. Just this stupid usb file transfer won't work with the original cable or any other. Should not be getting an error saying it's in use by another program. Any other setting besides file transfer I have to tick off?
    09-23-2016 08:20 AM
    Wireless charging is slow AF compared to my Active and previous Note 7. Wired is really fast, I never plugged the previous phones for a comparison.
    09-23-2016 08:45 AM
    I had weighed my phone with only a screen protector on it before I turned it in. It was 172g. Shen I got the new one, I weighed it - again with only the screen protector on it (same kind) - and it was between 170 and 171g. So, it seems that the new one is lighter.
    09-23-2016 10:22 AM
    Mine is much better than the original.

I do notice one odd thing and it is the s-pen.

The s-pen on my original was s.ooth as butter navigating around the phone, taps, scrolling etc...

The new one has a little bit of a drag or sensitivity issue. It seems fine when writing/drawing but taps and swipes in the various GUI interfaces is not as smooth as my original and often feels like there is a dry or sluggish spot.
    09-23-2016 11:24 AM
    Is your setup and the application running the same on the replacement as it was on the original N7? If so, this stinks but could get better with a few charge-discharge cycles.
    Yup! And I actually don't have all of the APPS on the phone I had on the original... Just a couple... it's dreadful!
    BustA Groove likes this.
    09-23-2016 03:35 PM
    Don't even compare battery life between the two. There is literally no competition. I came from 6s+ and 6+. You will either have to accept the fact that note 7 is inferior in battery life or go back to apple. Harsh, but facts.
    LOL 10-4... When I first joined these forum, everyone told me the iPhone was in no comparison to the note 7. And that the note 7 blew it away... I was just going on that.. smh... BAH! lol
    09-23-2016 03:39 PM
    LOL 10-4... When I first joined these forum, everyone told me the iPhone was in no comparison to the note 7. And that the note 7 blew it away... I was just going on that.. smh... BAH! lol
    The iPhone is more restrictive regarding what runs in the background.
    09-23-2016 03:58 PM
    Are you happy with your replacement N7? Obviously it has a safer battery, but are you noticing anything else that is better or worse than what you had with your original N7?

For example, if you had lagging issues before, is that now lessened? With the new battery, has your screen on time improved?
    I actually do see a possible issue with my replacement N7. The explodeable version I had never got warm during charging. I got my replacement yesterday and I am definatately noticing this new one getting pretty warm while charging. This is both through wireless charging, and while charging on in the fast charger/car charger. Anyone else seeing this?
    09-23-2016 04:10 PM
    What? There was a guy at my Verizon store doing Smart Switch between his old and new Note7 with no issue. I factory reset mine in the store in front of them before turning it in with zero issues.
    I did the same thing, restoring from the SD Card with smart switch. Smart switch restored most everything but app settings and screen setup.
    the real batman likes this.
    09-23-2016 04:24 PM
    Is anybody having wi-fi issues mind seems considerably slower than my last
    09-23-2016 04:51 PM
    I actually do see a possible issue with my replacement N7. The explodeable version I had never got warm during charging. I got my replacement yesterday and I am definatately noticing this new one getting pretty warm while charging. This is both through wireless charging, and while charging on in the fast charger/car charger. Anyone else seeing this?
    As long as it doesn't explode, you should be fine....the s7 edge warms up all the time
    09-23-2016 05:25 PM
231 ... 56789 ...