10-09-2016 10:09 AM
231 ... 678910
tools
    As the day has gone to on I feel my battery is draining quickly. Maybe it is the theme I am using.
    09-23-2016 05:50 PM
    My battery is much worse with the new N7 too compared to my old one. I am at 61% now with less than a hour of the screen being on. The phone came off the charger at 5am this morning. With what little it is used during a day before I get home usually Id be at 80%+ by time I got home.When I left work at 3pm I was already at 69%. I just charged it to 100% with the cable instead of wireless to see if that has anything to do with it. If GSam is accurate at all it says I can only get 4.5 hours of screen time. I also have WiFi issues where it does not really want to connect up to the 5ghz. It will connect to 2.4ghz no problem. Not sure what they have done but it isnt going well. Very disappointed being I had none of these issues with the old one.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-23-2016 05:59 PM
    Yep, I am down 23 percent with just 46 minutes of screen time. Not cool. Not real happy.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:52 PM
    Well I cleared the cache and charged it to 100% on the cord and so far im down 10% with 45min SOT. Guess we will see how it goes. Would be odd if the phone drains a lot when not doing anything at all lol.
    09-23-2016 08:14 PM
    I had these problems with the original Note 7. Battery draining even when I didn't do a whole lot and Wi-Fi issues... I haven't noticed it yet on the new one.
    09-23-2016 08:39 PM
    Guess Ill see more how it goes tomorrow. At 78% with 1.5 hrs of the screen being on. Thats like the old one. Who knows maybe this one has an issue. Guess time will tell.
    09-23-2016 11:19 PM
    I'm on T-mobile and my battery also drain faster than before..sucks! All the settings are the same as on the old N7
    TylerLV76 likes this.
    09-24-2016 12:13 PM
    I backed up my old note7 with smart switch.i use outlook for my calendar Contacts etc.got my replacement note7 .used smartswitch backup. And all is well.phone is great fast ,great battery.love my new note.
    09-24-2016 12:27 PM
    I made my own thread on this but I'm havin an issue where multiple vibrations cause the phone to make rattling noise. Irritating. Everything else is great. Maybe the fact that I only used smart switch for pictures and manually dl'd apps. I went to exchange but they were out of stock...this is a terrible process and if I didn't only feel comfortable with the note i'd go to a different phone. got me trapped.
    09-24-2016 12:56 PM
    My new notes s-pen is more inside the phone. My old note7 s-pen would stick out some but would be alot easier to take out.
    09-24-2016 01:00 PM
    I've had a couple of random dropped calls, when I've had full bars and in 4G LTE coverage areas (I'm with Verizon). With my most recent dropped call, the other party was on a landline, so I'm not sure if it's just random or something more.

Also, it takes a little more effort to plug in a USB-C plug for charging. I am using a third party USB-C plug, but it seemed easier with my first N7 to plug in. Weird.

If the dropped calls persists, I may go do another exchange sometime this week/next weekend.
    09-24-2016 02:19 PM
    I've had a couple of random dropped calls, when I've had full bars and in 4G LTE coverage areas (I'm with Verizon). With my most recent dropped call, the other party was on a landline, so I'm not sure if it's just random or something more.

Also, it takes a little more effort to plug in a USB-C plug for charging. I am using a third party USB-C plug, but it seemed easier with my first N7 to plug in. Weird.

If the dropped calls persists, I may go do another exchange sometime this week/next weekend.
    Yes, I also noticed its harder to plug in the USB C. My old note 7 was extremely too easy to plug in.
    09-24-2016 02:38 PM
    My S-pen was not working well. It skipped a bunch and was not very responsive. I was not too happy. But I put a new tip on and now its smooth as butter. I think the first tip had some residue or something on it that was making it stick and not flow well.
    I was also having trouble setting my fitbit as a trusted device. The fitbit app was syncing fine, but it would not pick it up in the smartlock settings. After the update though, it fixed itself.
    The battery in my new Note is way better than my original. I can make it all day without extra charging. My first one I had to charge before leaving work to make it through the rest of my day.
    09-24-2016 05:36 PM
    My wife's new, non-exploding, Note7 has the same issue. We're on AT&T, if that matters. It's making us crazy. She needs an audibl alert for texts, but silence for emails. Not an option any longer!
    Let me know if you figure anything out. I'll do the same. Probably going to for a factory reset tonight...

Thanks again!
    Brian
    09-24-2016 05:55 PM
    That's weird. I'm on Verizon and mine has the email category there, though I never use it. I just want my email notifications to show but not speak, so to speak. Don't know why it wouldn't show on yours.
    09-25-2016 03:07 AM
    I have a problem I just found, trying to set up the emergency contact/sos feature. On the first phone I had no problem putting my daughter in there. On this one, for reasons I cannot fathom, it will let me add my son-in-law out of the contacts but not my daughter either from the contacts or as a straight add to the feature. Any clues, anyone? Same contacts, nothing's changed.
    09-25-2016 04:03 AM
    Note7 replacement devices still at risk of overheating reported to a local television news network.
    09-25-2016 05:55 AM
    Same.. I unplugged in and screen was off. Came out of a 15 min shower and it was at 96%... Meanwhile my iPhone 6plus (almost 3 years old) was also off the charger PLAYING PANDORA.. and was at 99%... this phone.. I swear to god
    Does the iPhone even do fast charging yet?
    People obsess way too much over battery life. If that's your ONLY criteria for a phone, get the iPhone.
    If you want a more fully-featured, customizable phone, your have many options.
    Personally, I put the camera near the top of my list. I can't have a small screen, either.
    09-25-2016 08:44 AM
    Yes, I also noticed its harder to plug in the USB C. My old note 7 was extremely too easy to plug in.
    I think this is a good thing, not bad.
    09-25-2016 08:46 AM
    Note7 replacement devices still at risk of overheating reported to a local television news network.
    No link to the story? Local news is probably more along the lines of carrier reps as far as accuracy go.
    My local news takes every opportunity to slam anything Android. They put the iPhone on such a high pedestal.
    To be 100% accurate, there isn't ANY phone that doesn't have a slight risk of overheating. IPhones included. That's just reality.
    09-25-2016 08:50 AM
    09-25-2016 09:04 AM
    Are you happy with your replacement N7? Obviously it has a safer battery, but are you noticing anything else that is better or worse than what you had with your original N7?

For example, if you had lagging issues before, is that now lessened? With the new battery, has your screen on time improved?
    So far none for me. Better than the first one. For the record, I did not restore it. I set it up from scratch as a new phone.
    09-25-2016 09:09 AM
    My charger port connector is different. It holds the connector much better than the 1st phone. To the point of being a PIA to remove!
    09-25-2016 10:58 AM
    My charger port connector is different. It holds the connector much better than the 1st phone. To the point of being a PIA to remove!
    That's a fairly common complaint actually. Mine is also tighter, but I like that.
    Shamshi-Adad and mmsean like this.
    09-25-2016 11:30 AM
    Only issue I have is sending pic in text message to one friend. They can send pics to me just fine but when I send one to them they don't get it. I sent the pic to another friend and they got it. The original person also sent pic back and forth with another person and no issues so it just seems to be between the two of us that they don't get mine. Other than that it's been running great.
    09-25-2016 01:40 PM
231 ... 678910