10-09-2016 10:09 AM
231 ... 78910
tools
    Note7 replacement devices still at risk of overheating reported to a local television news network.
    Only mention of this that I have heard of is in Korea.
    09-25-2016 01:41 PM
    On my replacement Note 7, I can see very noticeable stuck pixels when using the Gear VR. When viewing content normally without the headset magnification you won't really notice anything with the naked eye. Seen through the Gear VR however, there are 4 or 5 easy to see stuck pixels right in the center of my view which is kind of distracting when watching movies or playing games. I tried a different phone in the Gear VR to make sure it wasn't the lenses on the goggles that were dirty or something and it was fine. My original day one Note 7's screen was perfect and had no issues with the Gear VR.
    Its a shame I had to trade in my perfect display for this one.
    09-25-2016 01:47 PM
    I have a problem I just found, trying to set up the emergency contact/sos feature. On the first phone I had no problem putting my daughter in there. On this one, for reasons I cannot fathom, it will let me add my son-in-law out of the contacts but not my daughter either from the contacts or as a straight add to the feature. Any clues, anyone? Same contacts, nothing's changed.
    Just in case anyone else is an *****, I figured this out--my son-in-law's phone has a different area code, so the whole number printed out under the sos. My daughter and I have the same prefix,so it wasn't showing the area code from contacts. I put her number in the sos feature with the area code and it worked. um, duh.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-25-2016 01:51 PM
    The only thing I've noticed is my new phone has more black clipping. Feels like the gamma is too high.

Besides that, the phone feels about the same as my previous one. Both have/had fantastic battery life.
    09-25-2016 05:59 PM
    My battery life isn't quite as good, and it charges on the wireless charger, slow, but gets pretty warm, not hot. but warm, which the first one didn't. And I still can't get the sim card tray open. But I am loving the spen and snotes/samsung notes, which is really why I wanted this phone, and the camera is great.
    09-25-2016 07:23 PM
    Yes you can confirm it by searching in google.
    09-26-2016 05:16 AM
    No link to the story?
    Right now am not allowed to post link but you can check it by googling.
    09-26-2016 05:19 AM
    I think I'm starting to realize that most new note7 have a sensitive screen at first and then wears down to normal after a week or so. I experienced this with my first note7 and now note with my new note7.
    09-26-2016 05:26 AM
    Right now am not allowed to post link but you can check it by googling.
    I found it. Just a generic article. Bottom line, if you get one that acts like this, exchange it. Don't keep thinking it will "settle in" or the issue will magically go away.
    09-26-2016 06:19 AM
    Does the iPhone even do fast charging yet?
    People obsess way too much over battery life. If that's your ONLY criteria for a phone, get the iPhone.
    If you want a more fully-featured, customizable phone, your have many options.
    Personally, I put the camera near the top of my list. I can't have a small screen, either.
    Smh..
    09-26-2016 09:49 AM
    Smh..
    I could care less for iPhone personally. My old note 7 had 0 issues and the so called exploding battery was also working great. My replacement note 7 also works perfect. 0 issues here, does not over heat and I'm not seeing any issues others have reported so idk...
    Shamshi-Adad and jamesrick80 like this.
    09-26-2016 03:36 PM
    One issue I've been having with the replacement is my ringtone switches back to default Verizon one upon reboot. I've moved my ringtone file from SD card to internal and still will switch back after a while. Annoying!
    I used Samsung cloud to reinstall some settings and apps when I got the new phone. Maybe that screwed up something? I don't want to do another Factory reset. Spend way too much time getting my replacement N7 back the way my old one was...
    09-26-2016 05:02 PM
    One issue I've been having with the replacement is my ringtone switches back to default Verizon one upon reboot. I've moved my ringtone file from SD card to internal and still will switch back after a while. Annoying!
    I used Samsung cloud to reinstall some settings and apps when I got the new phone. Maybe that screwed up something? I don't want to do another Factory reset. Spend way too much time getting my replacement N7 back the way my old one was...
    Same for me on the ring tone. Weird. And it did it on my Edge loaner as well
    09-26-2016 06:35 PM
    I'm on Verizon and received a loaner S7. Actually I had a choice of whatever phone I wanted but chose the S7 in order to get a free Gear VR. Your store was clueless...should have went to another one.
    That's great to hear and I actually have AT&T and haven't purchased the Note 7 just yet. I just read that Verizon wasn't offering loaner phones and just offering a refund.
    09-27-2016 06:45 AM
    Anyone else experiencing intermittent charging? I plug in the charger (original Samsung) and then the phone keeps dropping charge and then reacquiring charge. Best way I can explain is, you know how the phone has an animation at the bottom of the screen when a charger is attached and the screen turns on momentarily and then shuts off...well my phone will go through this sequence continually once it reaches around 86% charge (screen comes on, then goes off, etc.). It gets annoying when the phone keeps coming on and off like it's losing charging signal for a split second.
    Happened with both my original Note 7 and now the replacement.
    09-30-2016 01:21 PM
    I have noticed mine runs a little hot. It gets pretty warm just using an app like Facebook Messenger. My old Note didn't do this Other than that, I love my replacement, it runs so much smoother than the defective Note. I hope the fact that it runs warm goes away over time.
    09-30-2016 03:14 PM
    I just got error that unfortunately messages stopped working so I clicked ok, I hope this doesn't keep happening. On my old s6 edge from Verizon I had ims service stopped working issue all the time I had to get a new phone from them
    10-01-2016 03:31 PM
    One thing we all need to remember is this is Android so once in a while reboot is required no matter how good the phone, always seems to reset any issue for me
    10-01-2016 03:36 PM
    My screen keeps turning off and I can't figure out why. It's set to time out at 2 minutes. I turned smart stay on and off. This thing turns off hard in the middle of scrolling, playing a game, Idk what to do. It just turns off hard every now and then. it's not over heating or nothing.

The other problem I have is I use the gearfit2 as a trusted device and it often fails to keep the phone unlocked.
    10-01-2016 03:39 PM
    No issues here so far. My replacement is just as good and in a few ways better than my original Note 7.

My only "issue" is adjusting to my first Android phone in over 5 years. I was on iPhone for the last 2 and Windows phone prior to that.
    10-01-2016 03:47 PM
    There seems to be a lot of veriability with the replacements. This is particularly true with regard to the battery with some people reporting heating issues, some slow charging, some quick drainage concerns, while others reporting no battery concerns or even better battery life. Does this lack of consistency point to a lack of quality control in with rushing out so many replacements in such a short time?
    10-06-2016 02:12 PM
    So far I've only noticed one small difference between my recalled note7 and my replacement note is the home button on my recalled one felt like i was barely touching it. My home button on replacement makes like a clicking sound when I press it.
    10-08-2016 04:15 AM
    My replacement is better than the one I turned in which was fine.
    10-08-2016 04:31 AM
    With my replacement, in the last week a couple times it didn't react when I went to swipe down that menu that shows the quick buttons. The only way to get that to work was restart the phone. Also a few times lost the network entirely, also a restart fixed that-happened a few times. It got VERY, very hot when I tried out the Gear VR once for about half an hour-didnt try it again. Also randomly got VERY hot while we were driving in the car and were just checking websites etc. It cooled down after shutting it off for a bit
    10-08-2016 04:56 AM
    No , no issues whatsoever with my replacement in the 2 and a half weeks I've had it.

I honestly love this Note and even my previous one but yeah it's getting very tiresome reading or hearing all this negativity on what I deem seem a perfect phone for moi !?!?

I guess I'll wait it out and see what Samsung does and say. If there's yet another recall I'll need to hand it back in yet again but will move on !?!?!

The S8 will be right around the corner and they've already announced the V20 release so we will see ?
    10-08-2016 06:02 AM
231 ... 78910