Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
This is something I am worried about.

I got my replacement yesterday. I let it restore from a backup, via samsung cloud, and I noticed that it is a little laggy as compared to my original Note7. I am considering wiping it before I set it up with my other email addresses and Samsung Pay again. And just go back to setting things up manually.

Can anyone say that this method would make any kind of difference?

I didn't have lag...or if I did it wasn't enough that bothered me (I wasn't trying to compare it to anything), but I was having some other little issues, such as my custom ringtone wouldn't "stick". I finally did a FDR and just redid it from scratch (I had used Smart Switch to go from Galaxy S7 to Note 7). Now my ringtone sticks no problem...any little things that were bugging me are gone. I know it sucks to do it this way, but if you have ANYTHING customized, honestly it really is the best way to ensure things work as well as they possibly can.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Actually, mine old one scared the hell out of me yesterday - I went to turn it on at the house to do a backup, then a Factory Reset before going to AT&T for the swap - it wouldn't turn on! I shut it off, fully charged two weeks ago and put it in the box - dead as a door nail - put it on the wireless charger. Would not charge - blue light, battery symbol but no movement, not charging ring symbol, no percentage. Tried a wall charging cable - same thing - DEAD! Aghhhhh!

Took it to AT&T anyway, explained it to them and the Rep asked me if I had checked my IMEI Number on the Samsung site and I had - he just smiled and said "Don't worry about it" ??? What's that about?

I'd like to know, too???!!!

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
perhaps categorize it under "things that are better with your replacement", since I don't know how many there may be..but, my signal seems to be improved with this latest (ATT) N7.

Android_Lapis

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
My notifications & missed calls are not showing up on the Always On screen unless I set up a secure screen and then enable notifications. On my first Note 7, the messages & calls showed up by default without needing the screen to be locked with a pin number and iris and/or fingerprint.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
What problem did you have with your original N7 that seems, so far, not a problem with your replacement?

On several occasions my original N7 seemed to lose connection to the cellular network overnight. People trying to call me the following morning would not get through until I rebooted the phone. So far so good on the replacement.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure there will be another excuse, this is Verizon. :p

Even though this recall is not Verizon's fault they have handled this recall worse then any of the 4 major carriers. My friends have Note 7's on AT&T and as soon as Samsung announced the recall on September 2nd my friends were able to trade in their defective Notes for loaner phones and we're given S7's.

They also were issued a refund for their screen protectors & given a $25 bill credit. Tomorrow they are picking up their new Note 7's.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Well my new Note 7 did get really hot when I was restoring the phone and using it. However after the first charge it cooled down and just got warm. Not sure if this is normal or not. I know my first Note 7 did the same thing when using it for the first time.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Verizon is doing them online today. Though it seems to vary in terms of replacing--how they are handling the old phone. But they are available.

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
My S pen is not as easy to remove. It gets lightly hooked up on something. Not a big deal however.

On another note...I used to have a toggle for fast charging. I can no longer find it. It used to be in advanced features. As anyone located it?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My S pen is not as easy to remove. It gets lightly hooked up on something. Not a big deal however.

On another note...I used to have a toggle for fast charging. I can no longer find it. It used to be in advanced features. As anyone located it?

Some of the S Pens have issues. Did you send your recalled Note back yet? If you still have it, switch out the S Pen.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My replacement works way better then my "faulty one". The first one wouldnt recognize a long press on the screen. I had to use my thumb and press hard. This time around no issues with it.

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Us verizon users will let you know when they actually start to replace them. No commission on the replacements, so getting the pass around. Tomorrow is the 21st, wonder if they will actually start the replacements or have a new excuse
I'm very frustrated with Verizon. Different answers everytime I call to see if replacements are in. The last rep I spoke with at the store I got my original note 7 told me they wouldn't get the replacements til after Sept. 30. I then asked how that would work since we were only given until the 30th to replace them. She laughed and said that was a good question and she had no idea!
Are you happy with your replacement N7? Obviously it has a safer battery, but are you noticing anything else that is better or worse than what you had with your original N7?

For example, if you had lagging issues before, is that now lessened? With the new battery, has your screen on time improved?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm very frustrated with Verizon. Different answers everytime I call to see if replacements are in. The last rep I spoke with at the store I got my original note 7 told me they wouldn't get the replacements til after Sept. 30. I then asked how that would work since we were only given until the 30th to replace them. She laughed and said that was a good question and she had no idea!

Maybe call the 800 number and have them check when the store you want to go to will have them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463