Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I setup a pattern for my security...when my phone is re-booted, it now asks for the pattern, takes about 10 seconds to boot (there is a lock logo is on the screen) and then is ready for use....I don't remember it doing that on the launch day Note 7's

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Even though this recall is not Verizon's fault they have handled this recall worse then any of the 4 major carriers. My friends have Note 7's on AT&T and as soon as Samsung announced the recall on September 2nd my friends were able to trade in their defective Notes for loaner phones and we're given S7's.

They also were issued a refund for their screen protectors & given a $25 bill credit. Tomorrow they are picking up their new Note 7's.

People with T-mobile may beg to differ.
They've been all over the place this week in regards to how to handle the replacements.

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
My New Note 7 actually feels slightly faster, besides that it yields the exact same experience as the last. No complaints, extremely happy!

Killahhops

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Got mine after work today. Had to settle for blue cuz that's all they sent my store. Setting everything the way I like right now.
I'm about to get a blue one because the woman before me decided that she wanted to keep the S7 loaner. I had the black originally but I will settle for the blue one to get this process over with.

Spoke too soon. They wouldn't let me get her phone even though she didn't want it. Stated that I had to wait until my name appeared in the cue. I am beyond frustrated with Best Buy... I will never purchase anything from them every again.

Last edited:

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with their new device where the screen at max brightness is considerably dimmer than their old model ? I turned off auto brightness and cranked it up to max and it still looks about the same as my Nexus 6p, where it used to be much brighter.it also continues to auto dim everyone once in a while even though auto brightness is turned off.

I also get a message now when cranking up to max brightness that due to overheating you cannot raise the brightness any higher. Never had this message on a Samsung phone before. On a similar note, when changing the screen mode between ambled cinema and ambled photo, there is virtual no difference. Whereas as my tab s2 for example, there is a considerable difference between the two modes.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This is something I am worried about.

I got my replacement yesterday. I let it restore from a backup, via samsung cloud, and I noticed that it is a little laggy as compared to my original Note7. I am considering wiping it before I set it up with my other email addresses and Samsung Pay again. And just go back to setting things up manually.

Can anyone say that this method would make any kind of difference?
Instead of restoring mine I followed this approach (FDR - manual download and reinstall).

Overall mine seems as smooth if not a little smoother than what i remember.

Coming from the s7e - it's a little laggy in a few apps but overall is performing very well.

The most noticeable improvement I've had is the battery life (6+ hours SOT). My old N7 was lucky to get 4.5.

But I'm convinced that I had a bad battery (lost complete charge twice).

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
What problem did you have with your original N7 that seems, so far, not a problem with your replacement?

My first unit encountered miss taps, meaning a lot of my swipes and tapping are not registered. So most of the time I have to swipe two times to move the screen, and I will have many missing characters when i type out a message, really frustrating to use. Even a factory reset don't solve it completely, although it improved a little.

As this issue only came after a few weeks, I don't really dare to say my current unit is definitely ok, though it seems perfect for now. Also, many people in my country has the bootloop issue which can also occur after a few weeks.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Replacement seems fine. A little green battery gauge though as a constant reminder of the issue.

My guess is if the little green gauge is their way to differentiate and part of the CPSC campaign for containment, identification and resolution, they might lock the device down hard from being rooted. Hard to be truly root free, but betting Samsung goes the extra mile trying.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Even though this recall is not Verizon's fault they have handled this recall worse then any of the 4 major carriers. My friends have Note 7's on AT&T and as soon as Samsung announced the recall on September 2nd my friends were able to trade in their defective Notes for loaner phones and we're given S7's.

They also were issued a refund for their screen protectors & given a $25 bill credit. Tomorrow they are picking up their new Note 7's.

I'm on Verizon and received a loaner S7. Actually I had a choice of whatever phone I wanted but chose the S7 in order to get a free Gear VR. Your store was clueless...should have went to another one.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
People with T-mobile may beg to differ.
They've been all over the place this week in regards to how to handle the replacements.

Correct, less than 20 T-Mobile replacements have been given out already and almost everyone has come back with different messages from their incompetent reps and supervisors......tomorrow will be a absolute mess for us T-Mobile customers

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I haven't received my replacement yet. Has anyone done a backup and restore to/from your SD card with SS Side sync? Did it work? I always install things fresh. But I thought now with identical hardware perhaps I can take the easier way?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I realize there are issues with getting your replacements, and you can't comment if your replacement is better or worse than your old N7 til you get your new one, but we are going off topic here if we are talking about how poorly the exhange is going. This exchange discussion is more appropriate to other threads elsewhere that are carrier specific.

Let's try to confine the discussion here to how the replacements themselves stack up to your original N7, beyond the safer battery. Hopefully, they don't have any new issues, but this is the place to talk about it, if they do. Thank you.

Last edited:

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
No issues so far. I have noticed that battery life is much better than my original and my original battery life was good.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Can we buy this phone yet? Or is this for replacement / recall people only?
Only for people who are swapping out their old Note 7 for the replacement one.

That's what AT&T told me today.

Luckily, I already had mine (sad i never got to take it home) but had to return it because of the recall.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with their new device where the screen at max brightness is considerably dimmer than their old model ? I turned off auto brightness and cranked it up to max and it still looks about the same as my Nexus 6p, where it used to be much brighter.it also continues to auto dim everyone once in a while even though auto brightness is turned off.

I also get a message now when cranking up to max brightness that due to overheating you cannot raise the brightness any higher. Never had this message on a Samsung phone before. On a similar note, when changing the screen mode between ambled cinema and ambled photo, there is virtual no difference. Whereas as my tab s2 for example, there is a considerable difference between the two modes.

I had a similar issue with the old Note 7. One minute it would be fine and then the next it would dim. Happened a few times when I was on YouTube and doing other stuff. Then if I go to a different page or click out it would be fine again. Hope that doesn't happen this time.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No issues so far. I have noticed that battery life is much better than my original and my original battery life was good.

Same here. Battery life was very good and now seems even better. The cynic in me expected the opposite...

No display issues here. I adjust to 40% since seems too bright unless in sunlight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma