Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My battery life seems worse on my replacement phone. I charged my phone to 100% today and as soon as i turned the phone back on it dropped to 99%. I made 2 calls and setup Samsung pay and downloaded and setup hiya and now my battery sits at 87%. My first note would have been at 90 to 92% So a slight decrease in charge and usage

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is insane on my new device. Charged it last night. Took it off charger at 1am, woke up at 6am. Using all day. Battery is at 71℅ right now.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
My battery life seems worse on my replacement phone. I charged my phone to 100% today and as soon as i turned the phone back on it dropped to 99%. I made 2 calls and setup Samsung pay and downloaded and setup hiya and now my battery sits at 87%. My first note would have been at 90 to 92% So a slight decrease in charge and usage

Same.. I unplugged in and screen was off. Came out of a 15 min shower and it was at 96%... Meanwhile my iPhone 6plus (almost 3 years old) was also off the charger PLAYING PANDORA.. and was at 99%... this phone.. I swear to god

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Recorded a crap ton of 4K video and pics. Keep getting resource in use error when trying to transfer to pc using the original cable. First time I have seen that on any device.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Same.. I unplugged in and screen was off. Came out of a 15 min shower and it was at 96%... Meanwhile my iPhone 6plus (almost 3 years old) was also off the charger PLAYING PANDORA.. and was at 99%... this phone.. I swear to god

Is your setup and the application running the same on the replacement as it was on the original N7? If so, this stinks but could get better with a few charge-discharge cycles.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Been using the phone all day for the Mobile Hot Spot for my laptop. It just took 1 hour 5 min to charge from 32 to 100 while continuing to use the Hotspot.

This was only the 2nd charge. The first was right out of the box. I left the phone off and it took 1 hr 20 min to go from 50 to 100. So it seems to be settling in ok. Oh and minimal warmth during the whole time both times.

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.0.1] :p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :p

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I setup a pattern for my security...when my phone is re-booted, it now asks for the pattern, takes about 10 seconds to boot (there is a lock logo is on the screen) and then is ready for use....I don't remember it doing that on the launch day Note 7's
Mine did, if it had been turned off first.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
That is inaccurate. I sat in the store, still using my old one on "wireless" while all my data transferred over. After it was done, I then master reset the phone and cleared all the data...
May not be inaccurate. Some personnel may simply ignore what they've been told for the sake of better customer service.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Got my replacement just a few min ago. Updated and green battery indicator. Phone feels lighter than old one maybe cause of a different battery. Will take me a couple days to get it back to where it was as I only changed over the contacts to get out of Best Buy that was a horrible 4 hour experience. Not their fault but AT&Ts.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So I got my replacement this evening. First thing I've noticed very apparently is that my home button has more of a click to it....not really a bad thing to me though lol. Phone is definitely more responsive!

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Got my replacement just a few min ago. Updated and green battery indicator. Phone feels lighter than old one maybe cause of a different battery. Will take me a couple days to get it back to where it was as I only changed over the contacts to get out of Best Buy that was a horrible 4 hour experience. Not their fault but AT&Ts.

Totally thought it was just me that felt the phone was lighter!

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Update also got the $25 credit Samsung promised us and another $25 for having the hassle with them tonight from AT&T for 4 hours doing the swap. I'll take it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So I have a Black Onyx Note 7, as was my Original Note7. I initially thought I was just being over analytical on the replacement, but after I put it in a case with a color boarder, I am noticing that the screen is off center. The left side of the device has a wider "black bar" on it vertically, compared to the right side of the screen. I guess not a hugely big deal, but it's noticeable. I first noticed it without the case, but now with it, it's even more noticeable.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I am noticing that the screen is off center. The left side of the device has a wider "black bar" on it vertically, compared to the right side of the screen. I guess not a hugely big deal, but it's noticeable. I first noticed it without the case, but now with it, it's even more noticeable.

You are a better person than I am lol. I would notice it every time I glanced at the phone, and every hiccup the phone ever had I would wonder if my phone was a 'last shift on Friday' phone.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having am issue. In the settings, the accessory setting is missing and I cannot turn on fast wireless charging. Anyone else experiencing this?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
You are a better person than I am lol. I would notice it every time I glanced at the phone, and every hiccup the phone ever had I would wonder if my phone was a 'last shift on Friday' phone.

I think I am going to try to exchange it this weekend. Possibly tomorrow. It does bother me, absolutely. But after the recall, and knowing others already have had bad experiences, I don't know that I want to roll the dice again with trying to get another replacement.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having am issue. In the settings, the accessory setting is missing and I cannot turn on fast wireless charging. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks to someone smarter than me, my problem was solved. I just had to put the phone on the pad and the setting popped up.