Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of veriability with the replacements. This is particularly true with regard to the battery with some people reporting heating issues, some slow charging, some quick drainage concerns, while others reporting no battery concerns or even better battery life. Does this lack of consistency point to a lack of quality control in with rushing out so many replacements in such a short time?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So far I've only noticed one small difference between my recalled note7 and my replacement note is the home button on my recalled one felt like i was barely touching it. My home button on replacement makes like a clicking sound when I press it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
With my replacement, in the last week a couple times it didn't react when I went to swipe down that menu that shows the quick buttons. The only way to get that to work was restart the phone. Also a few times lost the network entirely, also a restart fixed that-happened a few times. It got VERY, very hot when I tried out the Gear VR once for about half an hour-didnt try it again. Also randomly got VERY hot while we were driving in the car and were just checking websites etc. It cooled down after shutting it off for a bit

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
No , no issues whatsoever with my replacement in the 2 and a half weeks I've had it.

I honestly love this Note and even my previous one but yeah it's getting very tiresome reading or hearing all this negativity on what I deem seem a perfect phone for moi !?!?

I guess I'll wait it out and see what Samsung does and say. If there's yet another recall I'll need to hand it back in yet again but will move on !?!?!

The S8 will be right around the corner and they've already announced the V20 release so we will see ?

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement on the 20th... Verizon and it was a nightmare exchanging... that is a LONG story so I will skip that. I have noticed two things with the new one that I did not have with the old one.... one.... while on the phone, I put the call on speaker while talking. I guess my cheeks are hitting the speaker button but did not have problem on the original... second... my phone keeps going to a different time zone. I have to correct it every time. I called Verizon on this yesterday and he walked me through the same thing I have been doing so.... I will see if it does it again.

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am also noticing when I take pictures, some of the pictures I take are not saving in the gallery. They just disappear.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
With my replacement, in the last week a couple times it didn't react when I went to swipe down that menu that shows the quick buttons. The only way to get that to work was restart the phone. Also a few times lost the network entirely, also a restart fixed that-happened a few times. It got VERY, very hot when I tried out the Gear VR once for about half an hour-didnt try it again. Also randomly got VERY hot while we were driving in the car and were just checking websites etc. It cooled down after shutting it off for a bit
If your phone is heating up, I would consider returning it. It could be something else that's running on it causing issues, maybe take it to the store & have them check it out. My replacement does not heat up past a little bit sometimes, but the original one would get hot. Not something to fool around with, considering recent events. I'm keeping mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781