Thank You Samsung! Seriously...

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that they really bother to read or monitor these forums but I would like to say "Thank you" for working to get this very difficult situation corrected in the timeliest manner probably possible, considering US Government involvement and all. I have my replacement, it's up and running and I am a happy Note 7 user! I am a firm believer, after working twenty-five years for a very large International Corporation in the Medical Imaging field, that "STUFF" HAPPENS and it can really create havoc with a company. The way that company responds can make or break that company - well done with the sheer scope of the project, the time restraints and what you had to work with Samsung!

Just my opinion and I know what's coming next...

*** I received a warning for a word I used instead of "STUFF" thinking my way of spelling it would be O.K. - it was not O.K. and I apologized to the Mods and now to everyone else! Boy, I keep getting myself in trouble for an old man!

Last edited:

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Well said, I should be getting my replacement tomorrow and I'm ready to put this whole thing to rest. Many many other companies have had more than one recall that have caused serious injuries and deaths and they are still in business, yet I've never heard more whining than I have from people on this one. Thank you Samsung for being a stand up company.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice Jim.
Agreed.

Actually, after dealing with Samsung's CF recall, I gotta say:

Love the Note 7
But Samsung SUCKS in customer service.

Last edited:

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I doubt that they really bother to read or monitor these forums but I would like to say "Thank you" for working to get this very difficult situation corrected in the timeliest manner probably possible, considering US Government involvement and all. I have my replacement, it's up and running and I am a happy Note 7 user! I am a firm believer, after working twenty-five years for a very large International Corporation in the Medical Imaging field, that [stuff] HAPPENS and it can really create havoc with a company. The way that company responds can make or break that company - well done with the sheer scope of the project, the time restraints and what you had to work with Samsung!

Just my opinion and I know what's coming next...

Completely agree!

Last edited by a moderator:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, as I have said before...I think Samsung did a great job handling this and trying to settle it quickly as possible. Its pretty difficult trying to replace batteries in over a million phones, good thing they had the money to do it.

If it was a company not worth as much as Samsung it would have been over for them

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Agreed, thank you Samsung. Considering the sheer size of the recall and number of units, what turned out to be a 17 day turnaround for me is pretty impressive.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Samsung for not having an exchange program.

Thank you for not having a process to return my phone.

Thank you for zero communication.

Thank you for being rude when we call for information.

Thank you for not offering a loaner.

Thank you for holding my $904 hostage for 3.5+ weeks.

Thank you for forcing us to just keep this purported "dangerous" device in our homes. There is no way to get rid of it.

Thank you for helping out people who bought on Craigslist with carrier store swaps while direct customers just sit in the dark.

Yeah thanks for nothing.

Lesson here? Never ever order directly from Samsung.com.

Go to a carrier and be put on a pedestal, gaining a free VR in the process from the loaner.

I get everyone is all happy with them, but you clearly didn't buy direct. Don't ever buy direct.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Thankfully T-Mo keeps the bloat to a minimal and they are all in 1 folder.
-
But I would also like to give kudos to Samsung for the way they handled this situation. Did they drag their heels, did they delay because the device was just launched and their main competitor was about to launch their device?

No they did not. And for that, they retain my loyalty.

This is my 4th Note Device. Note 3, 4, 5 and now the Note 7. Before I got the 3, I was heavy into rooting and trying to get more out of a device. But I never rooted any of the Notes, I used the KNOX for work, and at the time the devices were used, they were the best out there.

I just called my local Tmo office, they said the devices should arrive anytime from tomorrow to Friday. I have all my files backed up on the FREE 256GB SD card, so I am ready to swap out when they arrive. Only question is the color, I have the Blue Coral, will they have that? Do I switch colors to what they have available? News @11

Last edited:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I think they have done a great job throughout the media storm, consumer hysteria, forum member hysteria, impatience and occasional immaturity. This has never happened on this scale. There was no infrastructure in place for it. And in what amounts to about 3 weeks it will be over. I applaud them in every way - especially considering they have to deal with gov't agencies, and consumers calling every 10 minutes even though they know nothing has changed :)

I will be thrilled to get my new one, and I am looking forward to once again enjoying the best phone out there!!!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Samsung for not having an exchange program.

Thank you for not having a process to return my phone.

Thank you for zero communication.

Thank you for being rude when we call for information.

Thank you for not offering a loaner.

Thank you for holding my $904 hostage for 3.5+ weeks.

Thank you for forcing us to just keep this purported "dangerous" device in our homes. There is no way to get rid of it.

Thank you for helping out people who bought on Craigslist with carrier store swaps while direct customers just sit in the dark.

Yeah thanks for nothing.

Lesson here? Never ever order directly from Samsung.com.

Go to a carrier and be put on a pedestal, gaining a free VR in the process from the loaner.

I get everyone is all happy with them, but you clearly didn't buy direct. Don't ever buy direct.
Wow - that's the first I've heard of that! Sorry you had those issues and sorry you had to read my praise of the Company that apparently did you wrong, big time. That's really strange stuff!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to hear from more folks that purchased direct like "coolbreeze78" and see if the issues are the same with them. I can't believe the stuff that's happened in this situation... any more Samsung Direct Buy folks out there with replacement issues?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow - that's the first I've heard of that! Sorry you had those issues and sorry you had to read my praise of the Company that apparently did you wrong, big time. That's really strange stuff!
Jimd1050, yep go over to the Samsung.com thread and you will see all of us who have had nothing but issues beginning with the pre-orders to the recall. Everything coolbreeze78 said is spot on. I have had numerous Samsung phones, and Samsung electronics and love them all but this is the first time I ever ordered from Samsung.com and it will be the last. YES, I believe Samsung as a whole did great with stepping up and starting the recall, but for the life of me I can't understand a company as great as Samsung can have such a terrible customer service department in the U.S. at Samsung.com. We know they can do it right because Samsung.com in Canada seems to be working it great unlike here in the states. It's also sad because the Note 7 phone is the best phone I have ever had. For those that bought somewhere else you can surely be "Thankful" that you bought where you did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar