Thank You Samsung! Seriously...

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Samsung for not having an exchange program.

Thank you for not having a process to return my phone.

Thank you for zero communication.

Thank you for being rude when we call for information.

Thank you for not offering a loaner.

Thank you for holding my $904 hostage for 3.5+ weeks.

Thank you for forcing us to just keep this purported "dangerous" device in our homes. There is no way to get rid of it.

Thank you for helping out people who bought on Craigslist with carrier store swaps while direct customers just sit in the dark.

Yeah thanks for nothing.

Lesson here? Never ever order directly from Samsung.com.

Go to a carrier and be put on a pedestal, gaining a free VR in the process from the loaner.

I get everyone is all happy with them, but you clearly didn't buy direct. Don't ever buy direct.
Coolbreeze78, great response! Thanks

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Jimd1050, yep go over to the Samsung.com thread and you will see all of us who have had nothing but issues beginning with the pre-orders to the recall. Everything coolbreeze78 said is spot on. I have had numerous Samsung phones, and Samsung electronics and love them all but this is the first time I ever ordered from Samsung.com and it will be the last. YES, I believe Samsung as a whole did great with stepping up and starting the recall, but for the life of me I can't understand a company as great as Samsung can have such a terrible customer service department in the U.S. at Samsung.com. We know they can do it right because Samsung.com in Canada seems to be working it great unlike here in the states. It's also sad because the Note 7 phone is the best phone I have ever had. For those that bought somewhere else you can surely be "Thankful" that you bought where you did.
Thank you for the response - will do!

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile in my area are all acting like they aren't going to get the phones in till "possibly" Friday. When I said Samsung sent an email that said no later than the 21st they all said, oh well call tomorrow and see if we have them.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for forcing us to just keep this purported "dangerous" device in our homes. There is no way to get rid of it.

Thank you for helping out people who bought on Craigslist with carrier store swaps while direct customers just sit in the dark.

Yeah thanks for nothing.

Go to a carrier and be put on a pedestal, gaining a free VR in the process from the loaner.

I get everyone is all happy with them, but you clearly didn't buy direct. Don't ever buy direct.

This!

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

Yeah thanks for nothing.

I agree 1000%. Samsung.com was and remains a total mess.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Buying direct for phones usually does not pan out well if problems. Nexus and Motorola are same in that regard.

Glad to hear it's NOT just Samsung! Thank you... almost seems to be a "U.S. Customer Service" in general, issue!

Last edited:

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
zero complaints; even BB refunded me fully no problems, and let me keep all accessories as i intend to get a replacement when available.

All my friends and family live very far away (same with GF's), so its nice to be able to scribble stuff or draw moustaches on all the pics they send us or we send them. iphone looks nice, but no smart stylus, no care, and i dont dig apples' policies, i despise steve jobs, HATE not being able to tweak/customize my phone, and prefer NOT having to sync to some stupid itunes garbage.

also, iPhone 6s Plus/7 Plus is MASSIVE, and ugly (IMO). iPhone was tops back in 2007-2010; from Jellybean and on, Android is superior.

Plus, we STILL have 2 grandfathered, unlimited data plans, so we stream EVERYTHING, download ANYTHING, upload/sync EVERYTHING all the time (thanks AT&T!); with Androids we dont get throttled, with the old iPhones our speeds got throttled after 5GB, and again to 256k down/56k up after 10GB. Note 7/S7 Active, 50mB down, 15 up no matter what.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank Samsung... ? I guess some folks can. From my perspective, Samsung SHOULD be thanking their loyal customers, old timers and somewhat current ones, with some solidly discounted promotions.

Why?

Because Samsung messed the whole thing up by RUSHING the product to market while their Quality Controls were a bit more lackadaisical. Samsung created the problem and HAD TO respond because the world's powers that be including the FAA were all targeting the company!

My continual experience with Samsung's customer service over the years... less than stellar bordering on...stinks! Samsung had to act quickly because when you have Verizon, ATT, TMobile, and all the other international carriers YELLING at Samsung, the company had to act quickly.

Samsung in a business perspective had better cool their egos and readjust their customer service practices and take care of their customers, like PUTTING SERVICE CENTERS IN MAJOR CITIES and having reps on the phone who speak proper English and who TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.

I migrated to Samsung Android years ago from Motorola and have watched like others their whole growth. I've never bought a iPhone. However Apple customer service far surpasses Samsung's. I know this from my MacBook Pro.

After watching this Note 7 fiasco and glad I run a Note 5, I will not buy a future edged phone from them if that's all Sammy offers. And... they had better put in a service center in Denver. Otherwise I might go to an iPhone 8 because Apple store with on site service is a couple of miles from my house.

I prefer Android... but business is business. Sammy should THANK THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Plus, we STILL have 2 grandfathered, unlimited data plans, so we stream EVERYTHING, download ANYTHING, upload/sync EVERYTHING all the time (thanks AT&T!); with Androids we dont get throttled, with the old iPhones our speeds got throttled after 5GB, and again to 256k down/56k up after 10GB. Note 7/S7 Active, 50mB down, 15 up no matter what.

This was the case with anyone (Android included). I was part of it and so was a friend. The 5 GB limit went away since they got slapped by the FCC -- not because you're using an Android.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
yeah I ordered direct from Samsung.com ... but on launch day (8-19-16) it still said "preparing for shipment..." so I stopped by BB that day and they had plenty N7s in stock. So I bought one there and cancelled my Samsung.com order.

From what it sounds like.. I'm glad I did!!

I haven't had any problems... and I'm now happily using my 'safe' replacement Note 7.

I'm sorry to hear it's not going well for others!

Hopefully Samsung quality and service will eventually improve as a result of all this!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
yeah I ordered direct from Samsung.com ... but on launch day (8-19-16) it still said "preparing for shipment..." so I stopped by BB that day and they had plenty N7s in stock. So I bought one there and cancelled my Samsung.com order.

From what it sounds like.. I'm glad I did!!

I haven't had any problems... and I'm now happily using my 'safe' replacement Note 7.

I'm sorry to hear it's not going well for others!

Hopefully Samsung quality and service will eventually improve as a result of all this!
Dcooper830,

Glad you didn't buy from them either. Glad you already have this behind you now.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Had to come back to revise my earlier post in this thread, and I'll say it again here...

While I love the Note 7, Samsung customer service SUCKS.

This recall is a total cluster. I won't even go into today's details.

So, I really can't add my voice to the Thank You.
Sorry!

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Signed for truth...this wasn't a good problem, but I don't think we could have asked for a better or faster solution. And more importantly, no one told me it was my fault...that goes a long way

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Because Samsung messed the whole thing up by RUSHING the product to market while their Quality Controls were a bit more lackadaisical.

This has to be the most common (false) assumption statement going around. The Note 5 came out 8/21/15. The Note 7 came out 1 year later, 8/19/16. Phones are on a yearly cycle. They didn't rush this anymore than any other manufacturer rushed any phone over the last 10 years to get it out 1 year after the last one. We all can try to assume, and act like we know why there was a quality control failure, but you are just guessing unless you actually work for Samsung quality control and know the reason ..

Stuff happens, and the way people - or companies in this case - respond is what really matters. Everyone can have their own opinion about how they responded of course. Mine is that given the enormous scale, the litany of carriers, countries, laws, and the entire manufacturing chain to navigate replacements, Samsung did just a tremendous job so far. I applaud Samsung for having my issue fixed in less than 3 weeks from when the problem was announced. It's not 3 weeks, and I have a great new working phone for this unprecedented event. Think about that at a scale of millions with a broken phone..

Many aspects of an event like this can be frustrating, scary, and confusing. It's never happened before all. This recall was NEVER going to be clear and easy, in case anyone thought otherwise. I think a lot of folks need to gain a bit of perspective here ... Just my 2 cents ..

Last edited:

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I think considering the situation samsung did a great job in handling it as best as they possibly can. They went ahead and replaced millions of devices which set them back billions of dollars. AT&T also did a great job in handling the situation as well, at least based on my experience. Overall, I think they are doing the best they can and are handling it well

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
This has to be the most common (false) assumption statement going around. The Note 5 came out 8/21/15. The Note 7 came out 1 year later, 8/19/16. Phones are on a yearly cycle. They didn't rush this anymore than any other manufacturer rushed any phone over the last 10 years to get it out 1 year after the last one. We all can try to assume, and act like we know why there was a quality control failure, but you are just guessing unless you actually work for Samsung quality control and know the reason ..

Stuff happens, and the way people - or companies in this case - respond is what really matters. Everyone can have their own opinion about how they responded of course. Mine is that given the enormous scale, the litany of carriers, countries, laws, and the entire manufacturing chain to navigate replacements, Samsung did just a tremendous job so far. I applaud Samsung for having my issue fixed in less than 3 weeks from when the problem was announced. It's not 3 weeks, and I have a great new working phone for this unprecedented event. Think about that at a scale of millions with a broken phone..

Many aspects of an event like this can be frustrating, scary, and confusing. It's never happened before all. This recall was NEVER going to be clear and easy, in case anyone thought otherwise. I think a lot of folks need to gain a bit of perspective here ... Just my 2 cents ..

It's a false assumption to... you! Quite possibly Samsung HAD TO KEEP TO THE SAME SCHEDULE, PRESSURED, and released the phone anyway.

The proof of the pudding is that THERE IS A MAJOR ISSUE and whose fault is it?

It's SAMSUNG'S! No getting around it.

The batteries went bad so close to right after the release. Should this have been caught by QC during rigorous testing... PRIOR? Well... IT WASN'T.

Once again... the fault lies with Samsung!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007