Thank You Samsung! Seriously...

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I think considering the situation samsung did a great job in handling it as best as they possibly can. They went ahead and replaced millions of devices which set them back billions of dollars. AT&T also did a great job in handling the situation as well, at least based on my experience. Overall, I think they are doing the best they can and are handling it well

I have to commend them for getting right on it. I mean, they were, like, BAM! Let's shut this situation down. No exceptions!
The carriers on the other hand...:confused:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been really disappointed in this entire situation. I can't thank Samsung or T-Mobile. In fact I'm pretty sure this will be the last Samsung phone I'll buy. Might be the last phone I get directly through T-Mobile as well. I've bought directly through Apple, HTC, and Nextbit. Never had a problem with any of them.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's a false assumption to... you! Quite possibly Samsung HAD TO KEEP TO THE SAME SCHEDULE, PRESSURED, and released the phone anyway.

The proof of the pudding is that THERE IS A MAJOR ISSUE and whose fault is it?

It's SAMSUNG'S! No getting around it.

The batteries went bad so close to right after the release. Should this have been caught by QC during rigorous testing... PRIOR? Well... IT WASN'T.

Once again... the fault lies with Samsung!

I think you are arguing with yourself here. Of course it is Samsung's fault. You wrote that it was caused because THEY RUSHED, as if you know that is the reason. Read my post again, and you will see that is what I said.

No one is saying it isn't their fault. It was. They admitted it. They dealt with it. And I have a shiny new phone way faster than should have been possible. I think they did a great job.

bird67

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
"Thank you, Samsung" haters? Try VW instead

I joined this forum after reading posts from many who are complaining about Samsung's handling of the Note 7 mess. I have to say, those of you mad about Samsung clearly don't own diesel Volkswagens! I own both, and I can assure you, Samsung's handling is remarkable.

VW: confronted with its pervasive, all-encompassing, intentional cheating, VW has lied, blamed, scapegoated, cheated, ignored, hidden, and generally failed to take any responsibility until absolutely forced to do so. As a result, not a single TDI, out of nearly 600,000, has been bought-back or repaired.

Samsung: confronted with news that a small percentage of Note 7s might have battery issues, admits the problem, apologizes, and acts immediately to offer refunds and/or loaners to its customers and has replacement units built, shipped, and into its customers' hands within a couple weeks.

Should it have happened? No. But the difference in corporate response is shockingly stark. As a consumer affected by both VW's and Samsung's mistake/malfeasance, I'll take Samsung's response any day.

Oh, and to those of you who are whining that Samsung's green battery charge display has ruined your phone's aesthetic experience...words fail me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I think you are arguing with yourself here. Of course it is Samsung's fault. You wrote that it was caused because THEY RUSHED, as if you know that is the reason. Read my post again, and you will see that is what I said.

No one is saying it isn't their fault. It was. They admitted it. They dealt with it. And I have a shiny new phone way faster than should have been possible. I think they did a great job.

No... I've been consistent with my words and you have argued with the premise of what many believe that QC failed Samsung.

Enjoy your phone, others are still mired with their old Note 7 and have not received any resolution.

Last edited:

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Thank you, Samsung" haters? Try VW instead

Welcome to Android Central. Please be careful of language. I also moved this thread to one similar.

JK2010

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Ordered directly from Samsung and didn't even receive the initial device. Have yet to even receive a shipping email. All I can get from them so far is that it will hopefully ship by 10/21.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21