Why did a ‘safe’ Galaxy Note 7 explode?

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Not a big fan of BGR, not the most accurate or responsible (if any of them are) of those kind of sites, and some of what has been reported on the 'bad' Note 7's hasn't been accurate so I'd want more details. That said, these batteries can explode, and others besides Samsung's have. I personally think the fast charging is not all that good for the batteries, it always raises the temperature some, and often a lot. But yeah, more details please.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm thinking this is a rumor till a more reliable news source posts something and more info on it. It could be a fake story just to ruin Samsung more...

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was said it was due to "external heat", like being left in the sun too long or something.
Yes, there was another article yesterday regarding the same incident but that one had been updated and they already investigated the case and said that the heat didn't come from within the phone but rather from the outside. Someone trying to get there 15 minutes of fame or inadvertently caused the damage and figured they'd just blame it on the battery to get a new one. The media isn't bothering to get the facts right anymore, got to hurry up and publish that story. Yesterday morning I was watching the news and they mentioned the Note 7 recall and the 6 year old who got burned. Even though the story had been corrected last week that it was a Samsung Core not a Note 7, the story is still being referred to as another Note 7 battery causing a fire and burning a child's hands.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there was another article yesterday regarding the same incident but that one had been updated and they already investigated the case and said that the heat didn't come from within the phone but rather from the outside. Someone trying to get there 15 minutes of fame or inadvertently caused the damage and figured they'd just blame it on the battery to get a new one. The media isn't bothering to get the facts right anymore, got to hurry up and publish that story. Yesterday morning I was watching the news and they mentioned the Note 7 recall and the 6 year old who got burned. Even though the story had been corrected last week that it was a Samsung Core not a Note 7, the story is still being referred to as another Note 7 battery causing a fire and burning a child's hands.

BGR has always been pro-iPhone, so I'm not surprised they were quick to post this article on their site smh...I stopped going on BGR a while ago

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It didn't explode. There are news stories calling it external heat that melted it, not the batteries. It is unclear if it was accidental or an attempt to get attention/money.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It didn't explode. There are news stories calling it external heat that melted it, not the batteries. It is unclear if it was accidental or an attempt to get attention/money.

There's no Truth to this story those guys set the phone on fire and it was proving by samsung and the battery company in china

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
"It’s not clear at this time what the source of that external heating was. It’s also unclear whether external means it came from outside the phone, or whether it refers to the fact that the fire did not originate from the battery cells..."

Pretty much sums up a whole lot of nothin'

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I guarantee you that someones note 7 will overheat. The replacements are not safe. They are just less dangerous. Until we switch battery tech I recommend that everyone keeps up the safe practices when charging anything with a lithium battery.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: C'mon guys we're Not prepared to unsdrstand: Battery Electro-Chemical terms
What's known the Battery is faulty that's enough. What users debate right now is
the impact of this Note7-Recall in the Samsung sales. Media reports shown today

only in USA 500.000 devices would be replaced. Back to the battery issue the Fix
here's Create a Phone-Battery that lasting at least 1yr. difficultBut CanBe created

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I guarantee you that someones note 7 will overheat. The replacements are not safe. They are just less dangerous. Until we switch battery tech I recommend that everyone keeps up the safe practices when charging anything with a lithium battery.

Things more likely than my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to kill me this year... (according to the CDC...):p

• Heart disease: 614,348
    • Cancer: 591,699
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries that do NOT include the GN7): 136,053
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
    • Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
    • Diabetes: 76,488
    • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Maybe since Jeep Dude failed blaming the N7 here, he went global? ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084