Did anyone's screen get scratches without a protector?

LL HUGH J

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I didnt have one on my Note 7 when I did the recall, but thats only because I was waiting in the mail for a glass one from Amazon to come from China smh. So it finally came, and well I might as well use it.

1.) Tempered Glass Screen Protector
2.) Samsung Clear View Case
3.) Note 7 Sleeve

Yes, I know I'm OCD lol.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I went naked after the recall, ND I am scratch free. I have an IQ shield that I may put on my new phone, but considering going without.

This is the first time I have not had a protector on my phone, because there are no glass protectors to that work with the cases, and fortunately no scratches for me either. I do use a wallet case though when I am shopping or engaged in an activity where I might need to worry about dropping the phone.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Rocked the explosive N7 fully naked once the recall was announced and it had NO scratches when I turned it in... Hand a silver S7edge as a loaner and rocked it fully naked also, for a week... Not one scratch when I returned it yesterday....

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Took the protection off after the recall was announced all the way until I swapped out for a new phone, didn't catch any stds (scratches to display). I have a another protector tho and debating on putting it on, feels so good without it.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Took my protector off as soon as I heard of the recall. I have a couple very minor scratches, that you really have to be looking for with the screen off, in bright sunlight to notice, but thats it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Knock on wood I have had no scratches, but maybe that is because I started off without a screen protector so I have had to adjust to being really careful with my phone.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I didnt have one on my Note 7 when I did the recall, but thats only because I was waiting in the mail for a glass one from Amazon to come from China smh. So it finally came, and well I might as well use it.

1.) Tempered Glass Screen Protector
2.) Samsung Clear View Case
3.) Note 7 Sleeve

Yes, I know I'm OCD lol.

What tempered glass screen protector did you get? I bought one and it sucked and did not fit with a case. Same with a film protector.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Major knock on wood, but no scratches here and using just a spigen neo hybrid. In fact I think the only phone I've ever scratched the screen on was my Nexus 6: most unwieldy phone, ever.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the old one in the Samsung view folder and no screen protector cause the one I bought didn't work. No scratches but I only used it for two weeks before I returned it for the recall.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I took the screen protector off as soon as the phone was recalled as did many others. I carried and treated my phone as I normally do with or without a protector and today when swapped my phone for a new one today and the screen was still pristine. No scratches. I'm debating whether or not to put on the protector I bought just before the recall.

How did everyone else's screens fare?

Mine had a few scratches not too deep tho. I took care not to put in pocket with money,keys etc.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had a screen protector on at all and no scratches, but I do have a case (very thin one w kickstand). My phone was pristine when I turned it in today.

question for those of you using wallet cases...especially you Skatergirl...is it difficult adjusting to no case, regular case, wallet case when you are switching it up? My "daily" is very easy to remove...but I'm careful so I haven't been overly worried about it. I have another case I bought that I don't like, so I stuck the Spigen ring I bought on the back of it, figuring I'd use that when I walk...but keep forgetting to swap out. Haha...anyway I like the wallet case but not sure I want it for a "daily" thing...and worried adjusting to a regular case versus a flip case might cause some issue. Thoughts or comments on that?