09-27-2016 12:50 PM
77 1234
tools
    The fast charging is slower but I'm having exceptional battery life with my first day of use.
    09-21-2016 02:58 PM
    Mine is charging erratically too. Just got a green device this morning. Took it home and plugged it in with the default charger on fast charge. It downloaded about 15 gigs of stuff and got really hot but didn't charge. I thought maybe they put a safe check in to not charge when the cpu is hot to act as a safe guard.

Now I've had it sitting on my fast wireless charger at work and again, while downloading music and a few more apps, the thing wouldn't charge, but it wasn't hot either. Now that I'm done downloading, it seems to be charge again. It's really frustrating.
    The downloads were eating up the charge at the same rate the charger was putting in. At least that's what it sounds like to me..
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-21-2016 03:07 PM
    Yeah, which i've never experienced while on a fast charger with any Samsung device including my first Note 7. I just downloaded something big to test and on the wireless fast charger, the battery actually dropped 2% while downloading and installing this.
    09-21-2016 03:11 PM
    With my two new phones, I had no issues with fast charging (Note charger and Note USB-C cable) or regular wireless charging.

Given all the issues with fast charging and usb-c cables; I only use my Note chargers with the Note USB-C cable when fast charging. I have a couple other Belkin and Anker usb-c cables I use to connect to my PC or an Anker charger (not fast charge capable) for normal charging and data transfer.
    09-21-2016 03:11 PM
    Yes, the fast charging is not as fast as it was before with the white battery icon.
    Same on the explosive and non explosive models after the green battery icon update.
    That could be because its a different battery? I doubt the actual update had something to do with it
    Mine still charges pretty fast though, I don't see a difference personally
    09-21-2016 03:29 PM
    The fast charging is slower but I'm having exceptional battery life with my first day of use.
    This has been my experience so far as well. I had about an hour of Spotify with occasional email, Metal (FB/Twitter) and internet during my work day. Still had 83% when I got home. My original N7 would have been 10% lower.
    09-21-2016 04:58 PM
    Second time fast charging seems much faster.
    Best battery life yet on a Note 7.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:50 PM
    Mine got super warm while downloading all the crap at start up. Could be the Pelican case trapping heat in, but I do not recall such heat before. Was charging almost even with my usage, turned it off and it charged really fast.

We'll see.
    09-21-2016 06:23 PM
    That is my experience so far as well (not a full one day yet). Verizon, green battery?
    09-21-2016 06:51 PM
    So I think I figured out the issue. Last night I was using my Nexus 6P USB-C charger. It was charging fine and according to the phones battery usage graph had charged to 100% when this update installed on its own around 3am. I woke up at 5:30 am to find my phone at 79% and not charging while still connected to the charger. I unboxed my Note 7 charger and plugged it in and it seemed to charge fine. Was up to 100% before I got ready for leave for work.

As I'm typing this I connected my Note 7 to an HTC 10 charger I have at the office and it is charging fine. So now I'm completely confused all over again. Not going to worry about it though as long as it is charging properly. Apparently for some reason after the update my Note just doesn't like the 6P charger.
    I had the same issue but I think it's because the 6P doesn't do Qualcomm Quick Charge like the Note 7 and the HTC 10 do. Think the cable is different. I believe it was an issue with the HTC 10 first came out and they were getting extremely hot when using Nexus USB-C cable.
    09-21-2016 06:54 PM
    Same issues here. When I got the phone on Monday night I did the restore from my Samsung account. It took over an hour. The battery was at 50% and it got very hot. Same thing happened with the first Note 7. I use my Captain America Standard Wireless charging pad with the mini usb cable and wall charger from my Galaxy Tab A 9.7 tablet. Which you use with the wireless charging pad since it doesn't come with any cables or chargers. It's compatible with everything and is the original Samsung one. Not those fake bootlegs that are floating around. Anyways after that and charging for the first time the second time it wasn't as hot. Just warm.
    09-21-2016 07:04 PM
    Wow Im not worried about charging speed , but holy~ the green icon is so ugly on both notification bar and aod
    hasasimo and aggie like this.
    09-21-2016 07:05 PM
    I went from 12% to 15% in 2 hours? WTH??
    09-21-2016 10:08 PM
    I went from 12% to 15% in 2 hours? WTH??
    Try a different cable.
    09-21-2016 10:24 PM
    Got my Note 7 replacement today. It had 33% charge out of the box. When I left the store only activating the device with my gmail account, I got a t-mobile message that there was a software update available to download. Once it downloaded it I could not install because my battery was below 30%. By the time I got back to office the battery was down to 12%.

I connected the phone to the computer and restore the phone from my pc backup (Galaxy S7 Edge loaner) via smart switch. Smart switch also gave me the notice of new software. Once I restored the phone I did the software update via smart switch. After the software upgrade I got my green battery message.

The phone has bee plugged to the wall since 1 pm and almost 11 hours later it only has 66% charge. This sucks.

I restarted the phone several times but see no difference. Phone runs a little hot compare to my original Note 7. Hopefully someone figures out the slow charging problem. I tough it could have been because I update the phone via smart switch and not via the T-Mobile utility.
    Kxronos likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:47 PM
    After a VERY SLOW first charge, the 2nd charge went fast - very fast. (As in 14% - 100% in about 80 minutes). I am much happier now. Several folks have reported the first charge being slow. Se what happens on the 2nd, it might improve. Mine is all good now :-)
    09-21-2016 11:19 PM
    So is it me or they removed the wireless fast charging option from settings?
    09-22-2016 12:17 AM
    So is it me or they removed the wireless fast charging option from settings?
    The option doesn't show up until u use a wireless charger for the first time ...It's there for me under advanced features then accessories
    Kxronos likes this.
    09-22-2016 12:22 AM
    Oh brother. I want my iPhone back.
    There are literally dozens upon dozens of smartphone models vastly superior to the iPhone that charge just fine.
    09-22-2016 01:30 AM
    On my first charge with my replacement Note 7... thus far it seems to be charging just fine. About 1% per minute, in fact.
    the real batman likes this.
    09-22-2016 01:37 AM
    It'll happen give it time we'll all have the green icon mines seem to not drain nearly as much love the replacement so far no issues with charging what so ever
    09-22-2016 04:18 AM
    Take into account that with the initial setup and downloads you're using more screen on and the processor is working a lot harder, that is where I would guess most of the heat in the phone is coming from, not so much the battery.
    09-22-2016 04:43 AM
    I talked to verizon and samsung yesterday. Verizon was unable to reproduce the issue that I was having and samsung, while being extremely friendly, was not able to figure out what was wrong. Since then, I charged it over night and made it to 100%. It seems to be functioning normally again on all chargers.

Verizon and Samsung said that downloading all the apps (as one does with a new phone) could cause the slow down I was seeing. Maybe I really was just downloading too much for the 6 hours I had it plugged in. ¯\_(._.)_/¯
    09-22-2016 07:03 AM
    FWIW, my phone charges very slowly for the first hour or two I had it, but has been at normal speeds on all my chargers, Samsung and third party, since then. Updating to the green icon version did not change that.
    Kxronos likes this.
    09-22-2016 08:33 AM
    Yeah I got the replacement with the green battery yesterday and it has been on a quick charger for 25 min and has gone from 87 percent to 88 percent. Samsung is really messing up with this one.
    09-22-2016 09:49 AM
77 1234