New Note7 update takes away a feature!!!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed on the AT&T update that i know longer have to the options to select what app i want to use to open something each time. whatever i pick automatically becomes the default. that sucks
You can go under settings-applications-default apps to have it ask you everytime. Under default messaging app it says default application selection. Click that and the menu comes up. 1474624720796.jpg

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Edge lighting is not showing in menu on my exchanged version: settings > display > edge screen > edge lighting

Anyone else?

Edge screen's not in the 'display' setting at all. I know there is a separate edge screen option, but no 'edge lighting' there either.

Mine is still under settings>edge screen. Maybe you have to assign people to it first?

Also, someone showed a resolution changer. Is that different than in the power saving?

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine is still under settings>edge screen. Maybe you have to assign people to it first?

Also, someone showed a resolution changer. Is that different than in the power saving?

Which carrier do you have? What do you mean 'assign someone to it'? I didn't have to assign anyone with original Note 7-I also checked in dialer/contacts options.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
On the Verizon phone, the resolution scaling is buried in the battery settings still.

Man, I wish Samsung would put their foot down to the V of Doom. If after all this mess, a completely unlocked version of this phone comes out I'm buying one.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So I turned on OnCircle in People's edge, then back to settings and to edge screen and now it's showing edge lighting again. Turned OnCircle back off and the edge lighting is still ava.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
On AT&T new Note 7, the sync toggle on the drop down menu is missing. You now have to go into the account settings and manually turn on/off auto sync.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
It's there. It was at the bottom. I moved mine up. View attachment 240383

Not on mine anywhere. Not sure if it was there before the OTA update from AT&T.

Edit: I found the sync and a do not disturb toggle. They were outside of the 12 showing on the screen. If I press on one of the toggles to move it, a list with 2 more toggles appeared underneath the 12 toggles on screen that is normally not visible. I guess because they have more toggles for different things now, they have a bullpen to store more toggles than do not normally fit on the screen. :)

Last edited:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You can go under settings-applications-default apps to have it ask you everytime. Under default messaging app it says default application selection. Click that and the menu comes up. View attachment 240354

Nice, thanks!

So when I select "Ask before .." , can I still set a default app when it asks for the app choice? i.e. Sometimes I don't want to pick a default but select an app to use then, sometimes I do want to select a default app - and I just want to make sure then 2nd option is still available if I toggle the setting to "Ask before .."

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Nice, thanks!

So when I select "Ask before .." , can I still set a default app when it asks for the app choice? i.e. Sometimes I don't want to pick a default but select an app to use then, sometimes I do want to select a default app - and I just want to make sure then 2nd option is still available if I toggle the setting to "Ask before .."
I'm not sure because I have mine set to automatically select default.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Not on mine anywhere. Not sure if it was there before the OTA update from AT&T.

Edit: I found the sync and a do not disturb toggle. They were outside of the 12 showing on the screen. If I press on one of the toggles to move it, a list with 2 more toggles appeared underneath the 12 toggles on screen that is normally not visible. I guess because they have more toggles for different things now, they have a bullpen to store more toggles than do not normally fit on the screen. :)
Yeah that's what I meant by at the bottom . I guess I should have explained better. Glad you found it.

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
"Edit: I found the sync and a do not disturb toggle. They were outside of the 12 showing on the screen. If I press on one of the toggles to move it, a list with 2 more toggles appeared underneath the 12 toggles on screen that is normally not visible. I guess because they have more toggles for different things now, they have a bullpen to store more toggles than do not normally fit on the screen."

Thank you for this! I would have never found it! Elly44

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I know on past devices i was able to turn off the keyboard notification, i can seem to find it on the T-Mobile Note 7 v2. Anybody know how to do it?