Love to see a removable battery back
    09-21-2016 07:17 PM
    I don't think Sammy will. They have had generally excellent reviews for their premium finish on their S6 and 7 models, Notes included. A removable battery would have saved Samsung a massive fortune ironically as all they would have had to do is ship out new batteries for customers to pick up and put in themselves.

I think the LG V20 does it best. A removable metal back.
    09-21-2016 07:27 PM
    Nah, I don't think they will. It sucks that this had to happen, but it did, and going backwards to a removable battery imo isnt the answer, but better QC is and I imagine will be going forward.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:36 PM
    Finish can be nice with a replaceable battery. The problem is as the tech gets better, people keep their devices beyond two years. The carriers and companies that make the devices depend on an aggregate two year retirement model. Much easier keeping within that with sealed batteries.
    09-21-2016 07:36 PM
    Love to see a removable battery back
    Nope. Lots of reasons, but the answer is a definite no.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:38 PM
    Who knows? I don't care either way, as long as they keep putting out refined beauties like the S7 and Note 7.
    09-21-2016 09:01 PM
    I don't think Sammy will. They have had generally excellent reviews for their premium finish on their S6 and 7 models, Notes included. A removable battery would have saved Samsung a massive fortune ironically as all they would have had to do is ship out new batteries for customers to pick up and put in themselves.

I think the LG V20 does it best. A removable metal back.
    With a removable battery. They probably never would of had this problem
    09-21-2016 09:21 PM
    Removable battery wouldn't solve the problem they had just make it a easier problem to fix.....I think removable batteries are going out of style right along with the headphone jack.....(yeah I said it)
    debdroid1a and Jona005 like this.
    09-21-2016 09:23 PM
    They are never going back. It's done.. over with - at least for the Galaxy S and Note lines. Everyone keeps saying that if they had a removable battery this would not have been as costly to fix but at the end of the day, it's not like this is a common thing to happen again. It's not enough reason to go back. You won't get IP68 with a removable battery.
    debdroid1a and From A Buick 8 like this.
    09-21-2016 09:30 PM
    Nope! Removerable Battery is the Past for Samsung.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:48 PM
    Yeah, no body ever asked if Apple will ever have a removable battery, or a Google Nexus, or HTC.

Probably should add Samsung to that list as well.
    09-21-2016 11:00 PM
    Who knows....Everyone said the sd card last year was done too. And here it is, back by popular demand. I personally would like to see it back. Makes perfect sense for the consumer, not for the manufacturer
    09-22-2016 12:11 AM
    Nope and i wouldn't want them to.
    09-22-2016 12:30 AM
    They are never going back. It's done.. over with - at least for the Galaxy S and Note lines. Everyone keeps saying that if they had a removable battery this would not have been as costly to fix but at the end of the day, it's not like this is a common thing to happen again. It's not enough reason to go back. You won't get IP68 with a removable battery.
    I am not so sure you couldn't get IP68 with a removable battery and back. They said the same thing regarding the impossibility of having IP68 with the spen and its slot. Somehow Samsung figured out how to do it.

But to provide a removable back of any kind, they would have to give up on some of the thinness.
    Samsung just won't do that, especially since they made the marketing decision to compete with Apple regarding premium materials and appearance.
    09-22-2016 01:50 AM
    No. What they'll go back to is being careful in the manufacturing process. Maybe they'll give themselves a bit more lead up time between first batch production and release to allow for stricter QA.
    09-22-2016 02:09 AM
    Can the device still be as sexy as Note 7 with removable battery? If not I wouldn't want them to haha
    09-22-2016 03:47 AM
    Can I just say this. IP68 is overkill. Do you really need to have a smartphone that you can take underwater? Virtually no one will say yes to that. To make a phone IP68 is difficult and if you wanted to have a removable back, it is extremely technically demanding.

IP67 is more realistic. It is very handy to have a smartphone that can survive if it gets wet out in the rain. This is all you need. You can reasonably easily make a phone with IP67 and have a removable back. I still think this is the road Sammy should have gone with.
    09-22-2016 03:49 AM
    I just spent two years with a Note 4 and recently bought (and was forced to return) a Note 7, I just got my money back and bailed on the whole Note 7 idea. I use my phone a LOT and I went through three batteries in the two years I had my Note 4, I just wore them out due to their limited number of charge/discharge cycles. I was really nervous that I would wear out the battery in the Note 7 in less than a year and it would just become an $850 paperweight. I'm going with the LG V20, sure there are some Samsung features that I'll miss (AMOLED display, Samsung Pay) but I won't have the anxiety of not having a user replaceable battery, plus the V20 has the option of fully manual audio/video and photo controls and can record audio at sound pressure levels of up to 132db.
    09-22-2016 04:26 AM
    No, I don't think so. I personally feel phones with removable batteries look cheap and tacky. Didn't really make much difference for me when I had the s5 and had an extra battery. It was so annoying to have to constantly take the battery out for a swap. It was just easier to just plug it to a power bank so after a while I stopped using the extra battery. It became useless. Nowadays everything has a built in battery. It's what the technology Era is all about not. I really hope they don't go back to swappable batteries.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-22-2016 08:05 AM
    Approximately 0% chance of that happening.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-22-2016 01:57 PM
    Samsung just won't do that, especially since they made the marketing decision to compete with Apple regarding premium materials and appearance.
    And this is the single biggest reason why I don't see it ever going back to removable batteries.
    09-22-2016 02:10 PM