09-24-2016 02:59 AM
107 1234 ...
tools
    Thank you! In general I don't like it. But that's really been bugging me since I got the phone this afternoon. A green battery icon to me, means there's plenty of charge left. Definitely should change to red at 10% less.
    I agree, that would make sense. Would rather the icon remain white (at least on the AOD) but turning red on low battery would bring some utility to it at least.
    09-21-2016 11:19 PM
    I just feel as though they could have made the defective units be the ones with a new battery icon. Change it to a time bomb icon or something. And leave ours white and uniform. The update could've been pushed in the middle of the night like this one was for a lot of people, and therefore defective Note owners could've done nothing to stop it.
    Ok. I know I'm wrong for this cause it ain't funny but it is funny lol. I keep laughing at the time bomb iconπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    09-21-2016 11:20 PM
    I would say this would pretty much define First World Problems right now, if anyone asks :-)
    Jona005 and jfoofoo like this.
    09-21-2016 11:24 PM
    LegalAmerican, you are on to something! That would have been a great idea! However, they didn't - I see "tourbound129's" point, only on the AOD screen. It doesn't bother me at the top edge at all. I have an all white AOD with a really nice Dragon's Skull and all of a sudden, there's this green spec... it just kind of sticks out, that's all. It serves a necessary purpose and I will live with it for that reason. Hopefully, the word gets out to Airlines and the general public so our ugly Green Specs really serve their purpose now?
    traynor1987 and dsignori like this.
    09-21-2016 11:26 PM
    Isn't it enough that the battery icon at the top of the phone is green now? Why the always-on display too? It's downright ugly, especially if you colored your AOD as the green clashes.
    I didn't think the green battery would bug, but it does, kinda

Downloaded a cool green wallpaper from Zedge and changed the always on display to green and free background and now all is good!!!
    09-21-2016 11:42 PM
    Here is the wallpaper
    Attached Thumbnails Always on Display has gone from beautiful to ugly with green battery icon-736.jpg Β 
    shaleem likes this.
    09-21-2016 11:43 PM
    ^ There's you go ...

Love your attitude.
    09-21-2016 11:54 PM
    ^ There's you go ...

Love your attitude.
    Love how that isn't even the always on display.

Cool wallpaper though.
    09-21-2016 11:59 PM
    Here is the wallpaper
    Here is the AOD
    Attached Thumbnails Always on Display has gone from beautiful to ugly with green battery icon-748.jpg Β 
    09-22-2016 12:08 AM
    Here is the AOD
    Nice!
    09-22-2016 12:15 AM
    Didn't think i would like it but I actually do.
    09-22-2016 12:28 AM
    Its so ugly...
    Tried to change the clock color to green but they dont have the same color either.
    I really hope they can go back to white icon in the later updates.
    09-22-2016 12:33 AM
    Yes, seriously.

Because some of us don't want neon green on our AOD... especially if we've chosen one of the gradient clock color options and have a coral blue phone. It's not a huge deal, it's just very ugly and ruins any chance of the colors on your AOD matching, especially if your phone is coral blue.

I posted two photos... they're pending moderator approval.
    I originally had the stealth black onyx..but since tmobile only had the blue coral for swap outs..and my back glass was scratched bad..i figured the phone is awesome no matter the color finally after some pissing and mumbles went with the blue here's my aod..i like it for my first attempt to blend the colors of this notes exterior..what ya think?

Always on Display has gone from beautiful to ugly with green battery icon-1838.jpg
    09-22-2016 02:28 AM
    How can I hide the status bar showing the green battery icon and everything else? Without having to root the phone? I just downloaded a cool battery widget to use. But seeing the widget plus the battery icon is kind of stupid so I want to hide it. I know there is a way to do it but I just don't know what to do.
    09-22-2016 02:53 AM
    How can I hide the status bar showing the green battery icon and everything else? Without having to root the phone? I just downloaded a cool battery widget to use. But seeing the widget plus the battery icon is kind of stupid so I want to hide it. I know there is a way to do it but I just don't know what to do.
    Nova launcher could solve that for ya
    larry1014 likes this.
    09-22-2016 02:55 AM
    Nova launcher could solve that for ya
    Problem is I'm using a Samsung theme from the store. So I can't use Nova with it. There's got to be some way to do it. Got to be a App that does it or something.
    09-22-2016 03:15 AM
    Isn't it enough that the battery icon at the top of the phone is green now? Why the always-on display too? It's downright ugly, especially if you colored your AOD as the green clashes.
    Hahaha. First world problems.
    Jona005 and jfoofoo like this.
    09-22-2016 03:40 AM
    I kinda like it reminds me of my old Samsung Galaxy gs3 icon heck my other friends with there n7 are anxiously waiting for theirs
    09-22-2016 03:52 AM
    Yes, seriously.

Because some of us don't want neon green on our AOD... especially if we've chosen one of the gradient clock color options and have a coral blue phone. It's not a huge deal, it's just very ugly and ruins any chance of the colors on your AOD matching, especially if your phone is coral blue.

I posted two photos... they're pending moderator approval.
    Hey I have the blue corol to and to be honest it's kinda cool makes us different
    09-22-2016 03:56 AM
    I like your multi colored theme. Which one is it?
    09-22-2016 08:17 AM
    LegalAmerican, you are on to something! That would have been a great idea! However, they didn't - I see "tourbound129's" point, only on the AOD screen. It doesn't bother me at the top edge at all. I have an all white AOD with a really nice Dragon's Skull and all of a sudden, there's this green spec... it just kind of sticks out, that's all. It serves a necessary purpose and I will live with it for that reason. Hopefully, the word gets out to Airlines and the general public so our ugly Green Specs really serve their purpose now?
    I'm by no means terribly bothered by it. I don't like it, but I can ignore it easily enough. I just remember the days of Gingerbread and ICS and how everyone was so excited to get rid of the ugly green battery and other colors in the notification. It looked SO much better to have it all in that ICS blue hue. So much more uniform. Now, it just kind of feel like a step backward on a device that's now no longer a threat. That's simply why I wish the update could have changed the defective units. They could just as easily have told the airports that the defective ones had a different icon that they could check for.
    09-22-2016 09:02 AM
    I get why they wanted to make a visual change. But why not keep the color white, but go with a circular icon instead? Many custom ROMs have this option.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:12 AM
    I read an article this morning that said Google has a rule that companies or developers can not change icon color in status bar. They have to stay white, article went on to say Google makers of Android gave Samsung an exemexemption. Samsung showed a new battery icon that will come out in an update, did not say when. The new icon is green outlined in white, with white indicators in Middle of battery, looks better.
    09-22-2016 10:46 AM
    I like the way the green pops out. Wth are people complaining?
    Me too, I like it a lot.
    Soloberry likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:53 AM
    Is this seriously a thing lol....I mean your phone works who cares......my 2nd day in with the update and I don't even notice the battery icon.....
    09-22-2016 11:45 AM
107 1234 ...