09-24-2016 02:59 AM
107 12345
tools
    Of all the things to complain about....
    jfoofoo, seajypsy, Jona005 and 4 others like this.
    09-22-2016 12:43 PM
    Not to discount anyone's opinion... but seriously? #FirstWorldProblem
    Duffin, seajypsy, Jona005 and 3 others like this.
    09-22-2016 12:52 PM
    Is this seriously a thing lol....I mean your phone works who cares......my 2nd day in with the update and I don't even notice the battery icon.....
    Yes it's a thing. People have opinions, you'll get used to that just as you have the icon. Why has anyone cared about visual changes to Android since Froyo? I mean, the phone works, doesn't it? So who cares if they make visual changes to improve the software?
    libra89 likes this.
    09-22-2016 01:26 PM
    I'm tempted to go to the effort of taking down the screen names of EVERYONE here who can't understand why some people don't love the green battery icon, and re-visit that list the next time people whine about visuals in TouchWiz and how they hate these colors or that color, or if they comment on a great new visual update to Android when Nougat is released.

No one is saying that they're soaking their pillows at night over this icon, simply that they preferred the uniform white icons. How is it that people don't realize that there are others who enjoy what they enjoy for reasons that may differ from you? Everyone here knows it's a "#firstworldproblem" and obviously life could be worse than this, but so what. I bet 95% of everything you folks talk about with your friends and coworkers on a daily basis is a "first world problem".
    jimd1050, eho7tk, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    09-22-2016 01:30 PM
    I'm tempted to go to the effort of taking down the screen names of EVERYONE here who can't understand why some people don't love the green battery icon, and re-visit that list the next time people whine about visuals in TouchWiz and how they hate these colors or that color, or if they comment on a great new visual update to Android when Nougat is released.

No one is saying that they're soaking their pillows at night over this icon, simply that they preferred the uniform white icons. How is it that people don't realize that there are others who enjoy what they enjoy for reasons that may differ from you? Everyone here knows it's a "#firstworldproblem" and obviously life could be worse than this, but so what. I bet 95% of everything you folks talk about with your friends and coworkers on a daily basis is a "first world problem".
    No, he said it made the AOD "ugly". A small icon. That's not just saying he prefers the icon, that's saying it changes the entire aesthetic. A change which, by the way, allows you to easily show people you have a safe phone.
    larry1014 likes this.
    09-22-2016 02:05 PM
    Yes, seriously.

Because some of us don't want neon green on our AOD... especially if we've chosen one of the gradient clock color options and have a coral blue phone. It's not a huge deal, it's just very ugly and ruins any chance of the colors on your AOD matching, especially if your phone is coral blue.

I posted two photos... they're pending moderator approval.
    We have Coral Blue Notes and changed to blue display and background.Looks ok to me. Kinda like it.
    Edit:
    LegalAmerican , you can put my name on your list. lol
    09-22-2016 02:13 PM
    Does the green battery on the always on display use more battery life than white? Or is lighting up pixels using the same amount of battery regardless of color?
    09-22-2016 03:15 PM
    No, he said it made the AOD "ugly". A small icon. That's not just saying he prefers the icon, that's saying it changes the entire aesthetic. A change which, by the way, allows you to easily show people you have a safe phone.
    Oh. Well in that case, we better teach him a lesson!!!
    09-22-2016 04:23 PM
    Has anyone tried a different launcher like say Nova to see if you can change out the green icon?
    09-22-2016 04:26 PM
    Here's my Black Replacement with my white Dragon Skull, white text, white alarm clock and the Green Safety Battery! It's doing a job but it is aesthetically out of place to me... as I said before, to get me in and out of places without a hassle, I'll live with it!

Always on Display has gone from beautiful to ugly with green battery icon-b-w_note_7.jpg
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:35 PM
    Has anyone tried a different launcher like say Nova to see if you can change out the green icon?
    The icon in the status bar is set by the OS. Nova can't make that kind of change. Root and Xposed framework with most likely Gravity Box should be able to.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:35 PM
    The green I icon is just a quick and simple way to distinguish your safe device from a defective device with the potential of exploding. I could live with a green icon even if it doesn't match the blue coral if it means that it will let others know that the device I have is safe from exploding in someone's face. How else is samsung supposed to distinguish your device from a defective one? At least with the green icon when you are traveling by plane all the security need to do is look at the battery icon and you'd be good to go. Fast and easy without having to be held up for a long period of time and rushing to catch a flight you might miss because they will be taking time to find out if your device is safe or not.
    09-22-2016 06:40 PM
    I only use the edge night clock thingy... it's hardly noticeable there... maybe it's brighter with the aod?
    09-22-2016 06:54 PM
    Where is it supposed to be ugly again?
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-22-2016 06:59 PM
    Imo u have a major case of OCD. like I said, imo
    09-22-2016 07:01 PM
    What's ugly about it...you barely can see it...its so small...perfectly fine to me....sort of comment typically found from iPhone users so very surprised
    09-22-2016 07:56 PM
    Here's my Black Replacement with my white Dragon Skull, white text, white alarm clock and the Green Safety Battery! It's doing a job but it is aesthetically out of place to me... as I said before, to get me in and out of places without a hassle, I'll live with it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B&W_Note_7.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	555.2 KB 
ID:	240325
    Nice. How did you get the alarm om your AOD? I it to where I allow notifications but it won't go on my AOD
    09-22-2016 08:06 PM
    Sorry to jump topic but how do you get your own image on the AOD screen?
    09-22-2016 08:30 PM
    Nice. How did you get the alarm om your AOD? I it to where I allow notifications but it won't go on my AOD
    I also would like to know how you got the Alarm on the AOD.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:04 PM
    Don't mind the green icon at all. Kinda like it even...
    09-22-2016 09:13 PM
    09-22-2016 09:15 PM
    I wish it were white and you could changer more of the text color
    09-22-2016 09:16 PM

Samsung has a very pressing perception problem that impacts everyone who owns a Note7 and travels by plane. The green battery is a simple, straightforward way of showing which phones are safe. If this solution ultimately makes my air travel easier, I'm all for it. I've not seen any alternatives suggested by those bothered by the little green battery that would be anywhere near as simple and straightforward as the green battery solution. For example, someone suggested red for when the battery is low. IMO that is not a very good idea. Red is standard indicator color for industrial devices denoting danger or malfunction. Other options are just not as simple and straighforward. The green battery solution simple, easy-to-understand and really not that big of deal.
    seajypsy and jamesrick80 like this.
    09-22-2016 09:29 PM
    I just feel as though they could have made the defective units be the ones with a new battery icon.
    The problem there is that someone with a defective phone would only have to not accept the update and pass their phone off as one that is safe.
    09-22-2016 09:38 PM
    Nobody reads my replies on this forum. I read this morning that the battery icon is supposed to change on a upcoming update. Green battery outlined in white, with white level indicators inside battery.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:40 PM
107 12345