09-24-2016 02:59 AM
107 ... 345
tools
    Attachment 240391

That icon will really only mean something to someone looking for it. I got a Note 7 for my wife and finally got it replaced. I held it up when I was getting it set up and asked her "Do you notice anything different about the status bar?"

First response:

"What is a status bar?"

Then:

"What am I supposed to look for?"

I pointed out the green battery icon and she shrugged and said "I didn't know it was supposed to be white in the first place. Fine"
    Lol sounds like something my mom would say😊
    09-23-2016 02:27 PM
    Isn't it enough that the battery icon at the top of the phone is green now? Why the always-on display too? It's downright ugly, especially if you colored your AOD as the green clashes.
    It doesn't look that bad on the AOD. Only the status bar won't be looking great with only 1 icon colored. Looks like Samsung wanted to say out loud that green means safe battery 😃
    09-23-2016 02:31 PM
    I mean, it might be one, but let's be honest. When you pay a lot of money for a high end device, you would want everything to be to your liking. If I paid $850 for this, I think I should have the right to be bothered with the aesthetics of a green icon.
    You have a right to be bothered by it, sure. But if that's the worst problem you can find with your Note 7, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

And then there's this...
    libra89 likes this.
    09-23-2016 08:52 PM
    I mean, it might be one, but let's be honest. When you pay a lot of money for a high end device, you would want everything to be to your liking. If I paid $850 for this, I think I should have the right to be bothered with the aesthetics of a green icon. The only way to deal is to wait for that update and keep your Note, keep your Note and deal with it or just get another phone.

It's kind of like getting a computer that is said to have an optional touchscreen but after getting it, you find out that the touchscreen is actually not optional, it;s required.
    Remember
    You have 2 weeks to try the phone , if you find something you don't like.
    You can return it.
    That's what they told me when i got mine.
    14 days.
    09-23-2016 09:31 PM
    that's like saying if they had a recall on your lamborghini and had to put a small green light above the tag... who cares... doesn't ruin the phone at all.
    09-23-2016 09:52 PM
    that's like saying if they had a recall on your lamborghini and had to put a small green light above the tag... who cares... doesn't ruin the phone at all.
    Butt the colors don't match sarge.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-23-2016 10:00 PM
    It was just a simple statement and my opinion.. Prior to kitkat.. the battery was green.. I was made when they changed to white, but I got over it. I was upset when they took the ability away to customize the text bubble colors but i dealt with it and moved on. I'd rather have the green battery so i'd know i got the safe device... but then again I always liked the green battery icon. They could have made it hot pink for all i care. Its just one thing that occupies 1/1000th of the screen
    09-24-2016 02:59 AM
107 ... 345