Always on Display has gone from beautiful to ugly with green battery icon

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Isn't it enough that the battery icon at the top of the phone is green now? Why the always-on display too? It's downright ugly, especially if you colored your AOD as the green clashes.

Last edited:

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Always on Display has gone from beautiful to hideous with green battery icon

Isn't it enough that the battery icon at the top of the phone is green now? Why the always-on display too? It's downright ugly, especially if you colored your AOD as the green clashes.

Do you have a screenshot or a picture of the AOD?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Always on Display has gone from beautiful to hideous with green battery icon

I actually don't mind it so much on the AOD but that green on the notification bar is kinda ugly when everything else is white... except for Textra which I made blue. I believe if you choose an image for your AOD, no battery icon will appear, but it's unavoidable with the clock/calendar layouts.

I guess it was their way of making it mega easy to detect which one you have!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I guess I'm in the minority that's not bothered with it. Lol

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I like the way the green pops out. Wth are people complaining?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

That display should turn red at 10%, at least you would think so...

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Seriously?

Yes, seriously.

I like the way the green pops out. Wth are people complaining?

Because some of us don't want neon green on our AOD... especially if we've chosen one of the gradient clock color options and have a coral blue phone. It's not a huge deal, it's just very ugly and ruins any chance of the colors on your AOD matching, especially if your phone is coral blue.

I posted two photos... they're pending moderator approval.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Yes, seriously.

Because some of us don't want neon green on our AOD... especially if we've chosen one of the gradient clock color options and have a coral blue phone. It's not a huge deal, it's just very ugly and ruins any chance of the colors on your AOD matching, especially if your phone is coral blue.

I posted two photos... they're pending moderator approval.

Hasn't affected the visual quality of my display, in my opinion. Of course, my phone is black. Coral Blue may be another matter.

Attachments

• 2239.jpg
    2239.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 383

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It's funny how some people aren't bothered enough by the potentially dangerous device in their pockets to follow simple instructions and turn them in as instructed by the recall, but throw a green battery icon on their display and they're all up in a fit.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It's funny how some people aren't bothered enough by the potentially dangerous device in their pockets to follow simple instructions and turn them in as instructed by the recall, but throw a green battery icon on their display and they're all up in a fit.

It's funny how some posts make no sense, as said "people" had to have "followed simple instructions" and turned in their recalled device in order to get one that has a green battery icon.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hell, some people are so attached to a brand they'd "like" any color for a battery icon, and criticize anyone who doesn't.