Always on Display has gone from beautiful to ugly with green battery icon

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried a different launcher like say Nova to see if you can change out the green icon?
The icon in the status bar is set by the OS. Nova can't make that kind of change. Root and Xposed framework with most likely Gravity Box should be able to.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The green I icon is just a quick and simple way to distinguish your safe device from a defective device with the potential of exploding. I could live with a green icon even if it doesn't match the blue coral if it means that it will let others know that the device I have is safe from exploding in someone's face. How else is samsung supposed to distinguish your device from a defective one? At least with the green icon when you are traveling by plane all the security need to do is look at the battery icon and you'd be good to go. Fast and easy without having to be held up for a long period of time and rushing to catch a flight you might miss because they will be taking time to find out if your device is safe or not.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What's ugly about it...you barely can see it...its so small...perfectly fine to me....sort of comment typically found from iPhone users so very surprised

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Here's my Black Replacement with my white Dragon Skull, white text, white alarm clock and the Green Safety Battery! It's doing a job but it is aesthetically out of place to me... as I said before, to get me in and out of places without a hassle, I'll live with it!

View attachment 240325

Nice. How did you get the alarm om your AOD? I it to where I allow notifications but it won't go on my AOD

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
08cb431975ee44ba32b608a08cfa78be.jpg

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm tempted to go to the effort of taking down the screen names of EVERYONE here who can't understand why some people don't love the green battery icon, and re-visit that list the next time people whine about visuals in TouchWiz and how they hate these colors or that color, or if they comment on a great new visual update to Android when Nougat is released.

No one is saying that they're soaking their pillows at night over this icon, simply that they preferred the uniform white icons. How is it that people don't realize that there are others who enjoy what they enjoy for reasons that may differ from you? Everyone here knows it's a "#firstworldproblem" and obviously life could be worse than this, but so what. I bet 95% of everything you folks talk about with your friends and coworkers on a daily basis is a "first world problem".

Samsung has a very pressing perception problem that impacts everyone who owns a Note7 and travels by plane. The green battery is a simple, straightforward way of showing which phones are safe. If this solution ultimately makes my air travel easier, I'm all for it. I've not seen any alternatives suggested by those bothered by the little green battery that would be anywhere near as simple and straightforward as the green battery solution. For example, someone suggested red for when the battery is low. IMO that is not a very good idea. Red is standard indicator color for industrial devices denoting danger or malfunction. Other options are just not as simple and straighforward. The green battery solution simple, easy-to-understand and really not that big of deal.

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Nobody reads my replies on this forum. I read this morning that the battery icon is supposed to change on a upcoming update. Green battery outlined in white, with white level indicators inside battery.