New Note 7: Changes in Settings Menu/Lay-out?

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
So aside from the obvious neon green battery icon, anybody else noticed the changes in the settings menu?
I got the Tmo variant and have to re-learn the settings. For one thing the Auto Restart function is now under the Reset menu which used to be under Accounts.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So aside from the obvious neon green battery icon, anybody else noticed the changes in the settings menu?
I got the Tmo variant and have to re-learn the settings. For one thing the Auto Restart function is now under the Reset menu which used to be under Accounts.

I've seen some post from other people on T-mobile saying the same. I'am on AT&T and it has not changed yet. Got the green battery update with the August security update. No UI changes though, but the update on T-mobile was ~400 MB, and the AT&T one was only 100 MB. I'm guessing these changes will come to AT&T later.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
It is possible that these changes are carrier specific and all Notes may not have them (I have seen menu differences between VZN & AT&T same phones)

Cheers,
BR

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I have a defective note 7 and I did the update and I noticed all those little changes except the green battery I also got a t-mobile note 7

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I am Still getting used to the new menu layout. I don't like it because I'm used to the old menu setting, like my Note 5. I see the Auto Restart , but it's just for One day only. I hope in a future update that they will change that to where the user can select multiple days like on the Blackberry phones. I loved that feature.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Is this only for T-Mobile? or all carriers?
I have the update with the green battery icon, but I do not have some of those other things like where you hold an icon and that pop-up comes up
I'm on AT&T

I think it's just Tmo. Maybe they're testing some of the Nougat features or something.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it's just Tmo. Maybe they're testing some of the Nougat features or something.

Is the notification bundles a test from nougat too? I don't remember that being on my prior note 7. Google play music uses some weird Samsung stock icon with a border. But in it showed a new Android Central podcast, the music I was playing and music I downloaded.

Very similar to 7.0 bundled notifications on my Nexus 6. If that's what it's called. They just need to add Android Neko now :D

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Is the notification bundles a test from nougat too? I don't remember that being on my prior note 7. Google play music uses some weird Samsung stock icon with a border. But in it showed a new Android Central podcast, the music I was playing and music I downloaded.

Very similar to 7.0 bundled notifications on my Nexus 6. If that's what it's called. They just need to add Android Neko now :D

I have no idea. I don't have a phone with a Nougat firmware. But I'm liking all these new features. The Apple-like 3D touch feature is supposedly a Nougat feature.