Just got my Verizon Note 7 replacement and am in the process of setting it up. I had the S7E as a loaner and when changing the default ringtone, email and message notifications, there were several options to pick from. I selected a song from my music library for the ringtone and used the "knock" sound for email and messages. With the "new" Note 7 I got the ringtone set to the song I want to use. In trying to change from the VZW default sound there is no list of alternatives to use like with the S7E. By default it brings up a screen with a heading called "Choose Path", which shows the path of where my music is. I have searched the directories on the phone but nothing is showing any other sounds to use. I could have sworn I was able to pick a different sound to use with the original Note 7, although I could be wrong, only had it for about 2 weeks before getting the S7E.
    I have seen some other posts about downloading a sound bite to use, would have thought there would be various sounds to use right out of the box. Is this something specific to Verizon or am I totally missing something?
    09-22-2016 09:04 AM
    Just got my Verizon Note 7 replacement and am in the process of setting it up. I had the S7E as a loaner and when changing the default ringtone, email and message notifications, there were several options to pick from. I selected a song from my music library for the ringtone and used the "knock" sound for email and messages. With the "new" Note 7 I got the ringtone set to the song I want to use. In trying to change from the VZW default sound there is no list of alternatives to use like with the S7E. By default it brings up a screen with a heading called "Choose Path", which shows the path of where my music is. I have searched the directories on the phone but nothing is showing any other sounds to use. I could have sworn I was able to pick a different sound to use with the original Note 7, although I could be wrong, only had it for about 2 weeks before getting the S7E.
    I have seen some other posts about downloading a sound bite to use, would have thought there would be various sounds to use right out of the box. Is this something specific to Verizon or am I totally missing something?
    Do you get this screen when going from the volume button option ?
    09-22-2016 10:08 AM
    No, it doesn't look like that. I took a screenshot but got an error stating I couldn't attach it.
    From the Notification Sounds screen, I have 3 options:
    Default notification sound
    Messages notification
    Calendar notification
    Below each of them is showing what is set as the respective sound. Clicking on any of them brings up the "choose path" option, essentially asking me where to go look for any sounds, similar to looking at Windows file explorer.
    09-22-2016 10:41 AM
    That is strange. I'm on Verizon also and when I click on Sounds and Vib button then Notification Sounds then Default Notification Sound, I get the same screen as the screenshot above. I did on my original Note 7 also.
    09-23-2016 07:14 AM