10-12-2016 07:00 AM
133 12345 ...
tools
    So far things are great with the replacement. What I love is that I was able to tap the back of my old phone with the back of new one and my multitude of Google accounts transferred over in just minutes and signed themselves in along with all my apps, many of them with their full settings in tact. This helped quite a bit with the customization process.

I do not mind the green battery icon. I thought I would, but it does not bother me. My battery got a little warm (102 degrees) during the update but it has been fine since then. Right now it is at 82 degrees. So far I am real happy.
    The other items I forgot to say I was happy about were the Samsung Pay app and the new Theme Store app. My Samsung Visa debit card with my $20 transferred right over, and my Dunkin Donuts card from my DD app showed up in the Samsung Pay app. Very cool. Now today I hope to get the $10 on the first purchase with the new phone.

With the updated theme store app, all my purchased themes are there and waiting for me.

Good job Samsung with these software improvements.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-23-2016 09:39 AM
    Agree with everyone else. My new Note 7 replacement is simply awesome. It is so much more responsive and the battery life is better than before.
    09-23-2016 09:40 AM
    Only downside I've seen with the new one is that I have to keep a case on it - I was just getting used to the free feeling of going naked with the old one!

Now she has to be all wrapped up like some Soviet babushka grandmother, when before she was the slim, sexy, 'Slavic young women desire you' device... guess I can still see her pretty face, anyways.
    09-23-2016 09:59 AM
    I loved my original Note despite the issues, but the new one is definitely smoother and less laggy. I can't help but wonder if the battery was heating up (even though I never felt it) enough to put the CPU into a lower performance mode. There's still a touch of lag every now and then but nothing like the old one. The S7A I had for a loaner was super fast and absolutely amazing in that respect. I wish my N7 would be that nice. I think in time it could be, once they finish optimizing Grace UX.

But I'm very happy with the phone. Screw anybody who wants to be pissy about it.
    09-23-2016 10:05 AM
    Only downside...Now she has to be all wrapped up like some Soviet babushka grandmother...
    seajypsy and fitcherama like this.
    09-23-2016 12:01 PM
    Nyet! Nyet! Come back, Svetlana...
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-23-2016 12:12 PM
    Someone mentioned the sim tray being plastic on this one and metal on the first...

My first one was plastic, and I got it in the first week of availability, so no change for me. Frankly, as long as I don't swap out the 128G daily, often, it's probably a no point issue.

-Mark
    09-23-2016 02:36 PM
    I'm feeling the opposite here. Battery life on my replacement is terrible compared to my first one.
    09-23-2016 03:01 PM
    I'm as happy as a clam (I've always wondered what that means) with my Replacement Note 7.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-23-2016 03:05 PM
    Clams are happy? But people keep stealing their pearls....
    amyf27, shaleem and libra89 like this.
    09-23-2016 04:02 PM
    I'm as happy as a clam (I've always wondered what that means) with my Replacement Note 7.
    You might want to take it back while you can and get a new replacement.
    09-23-2016 04:05 PM
    Yeah, I'm tickled how well the Note7 is running. I had an S7 Edge prior to the Note7 being released, as well as as a loaner while I waited for the replacement Note7, and I think it is just as snappy as my Edge was. I haven't had to turn anything down, like screen resolution or content scaling.

And the battery life - wow. With my original Note7, it was complaining about low battery in the evening after a typical work day, and sometimes wouldn't make it til bed-time. Now I get home with 80% battery life remaining, and that's with Bluetooth, AOD, and all the other creature comforts turned on.
    09-23-2016 04:17 PM
    I hear ya on the battery. I've never seen an Android phone run so well on a stock battery. I'm at 6.5 hours of screen on time and still have over 30℅ battery left. Last one I was lucky to see 5 before it would be almost dead.
    09-23-2016 04:27 PM
    Agreed. I don't have mine yet, but I don't think the update was just for the green battery icon. The size of the update did not match.
    They must have been working behind the scenes since the original launch and tightened things up and pushed it out with this update.
    It wasn't. It was reported over at xda, the root method they had no longer works after the update. Sammy patched it.!!!
    09-23-2016 04:38 PM
    It wasn't. It was reported over at xda, the root method they had no longer works after the update. Sammy patched it.!!!
    They want the green gauge to not be modified.
    09-23-2016 04:46 PM
    I know this will sound so odd, but it's as though my capacitive buttons have moved slightly. The first day I got my replacement I had to tap twice because I touched the wrong spot. I didn't seem to be in sync with my phone. It's good now, but I did notice that for the first day or so; or few hours.
    09-23-2016 04:47 PM
    Yup, I was on line waiting with another gadget nerd talking about how the image of the Note7/Samsung has been destroyed from this mess. You and I will know, ok, its the battery, they acted fast to get it replaced...but the general population will always associate Samsung with the exploding phone. Sucks.
    They were probably just whining because them a little extra work..
    09-23-2016 05:53 PM
    I love my replacement as well because it's now the Blue Coral that I really wanted instead of the black one I got the first time.
    09-23-2016 06:02 PM
    I'm loving mine as well. Took 4 hours to get it from Best Buy but not their fault (AT&Ts). Not a smooth process at all. But my new one seems lighter and charges faster than old one. The green battery icon is just reassurance imo.
    09-23-2016 06:20 PM
    Loving my new black N7! S7E was a nice replacement but I miss the size, pen and smoothness of everything. Just wish i didn't have to replace the accessories like the screen protector.
    09-23-2016 07:02 PM
    Anyone else noticed that the note 7 screen is on yellowish side!
    I compared it with the s7 and s7 screen is much nicer and whiter!
    lanenubia and anon(607340) like this.
    09-23-2016 08:01 PM
    Anyone else noticed that the note 7 screen is on yellowish side!
    I compared it with the s7 and s7 screen is much nicer and whiter!
    Not mine...its flawless...whites are whiter than my old loaner s7 edge and my iPad pro 9.7...what screen mode are you in....
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    09-23-2016 08:18 PM
    I've never loved a phone as much as I love my new Note 7.

Definitely worth the wait!!
    09-23-2016 08:23 PM
    The other items I forgot to say I was happy about were the Samsung Pay app and the new Theme Store app. My Samsung Visa debit card with my $20 transferred right over, and my Dunkin Donuts card from my DD app showed up in the Samsung Pay app. Very cool. Now today I hope to get the $10 on the first purchase with the new phone.

With the updated theme store app, all my purchased themes are there and waiting for me.

Good job Samsung with these software improvements.
    My themes were not on the theme store and I had to search and download them again. Was this update recent?
    09-23-2016 08:30 PM
    You might want to take it back while you can and get a new replacement.
    Now, why would I want to replace my replacement? It is working beautifully. I don't want to go through all that stuff again.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-23-2016 09:20 PM
133 12345 ...