10-12-2016 07:00 AM
133 ... 3456
tools
    I went into a video store and paid with my phone-they had this small little card reader by their pc screen and it worked. Loving that.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...53fd8572b9.jpg
    Video store ???
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-25-2016 06:38 PM
    Video store ???
    My son loves going to a video store to rent movies and games. He tells me Netflix doesn't have what he likes and that game rental online is similar. Lol.
    Carlo Villa and dstrauss like this.
    09-25-2016 06:47 PM
    Video store ???
    09-25-2016 06:48 PM
    Made a lasagna tonight. Used the food option on camera

09-25-2016 06:56 PM
    Why didn't you just hold out for the S8? It's going to be even more powerful than the S7
    I try to buy the best phone available when I need it. I hate waiting for the "Next Phone"...
    shaleem and libra89 like this.
    09-27-2016 08:43 AM
    Made a lasagna tonight. Used the food option on camera

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3f7b402fcd.jpg
    I thought this was an explosion joke it looked like fire haha ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    amyf27 and lanenubia like this.
    09-30-2016 01:43 AM
    Yup, I was on line waiting with another gadget nerd talking about how the image of the Note7/Samsung has been destroyed from this mess. You and I will know, ok, its the battery, they acted fast to get it replaced...but the general population will always associate Samsung with the exploding phone. Sucks.
    Yes rightly said. It's the general population who will lose faith in Samsung. I've heard some people sticking to their Loaner S7 Edge devices while some still complain about the replacement Note 7 devices. It has already hurt Samsung and I hope they will recover from any losses.
    09-30-2016 01:54 AM
    Yes rightly said. It's the general population who will lose faith in Samsung. I've heard some people sticking to their Loaner S7 Edge devices while some still complain about the replacement Note 7 devices. It has already hurt Samsung and I hope they will recover from any losses.
    I wasn't happy about the recall as most weren't I'm sure. However, the replacement process for me anyway was fairly . So far I'm enjoying the replacement Note 7. As long as it's not recalled again or has any major issues I'll probably stick with the Note series
    09-30-2016 09:11 AM
    Love my note 7 .battery is great .no lag.beautiful phone .I am very happy and will definitely keep it.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-01-2016 01:28 AM
    I don't see any difference between my old and new units, the old one was produced on August 9th, the new one Aug 31st. They run similar in terms of speed, although of course I received the (battery) update, however I couldn't complain about the speed in the first place, everything worked fine and still is.

I am just glad the replacement unit is in perfect condition, knowing my luck when it comes to smartphones, most units I receive have some sort of fault which requires (another) replacement right away.
    10-01-2016 05:50 AM
    Still not seeing how the battery life has gotten better and the performance is even faster. I was happy with my first Note 7, so was not expecting much of a ceiling increase if any.

Battery life is about 20% better (was already good for me)

Dead or Alive Plus is an arcade game on MAME that I use to test CPU power for devices. It went from barely being faster with frame rate than the MXPE (808 chip) to 30% faster. That is huge for MAME.

I normally do not rave, but the Note 7 went from great to even greater. Glad I stuck with the Note 7.
    Again. I'm not sure how it would be possible. Same device. Same processor. Same sized battery. Tmob had a larger update than Vzw Who only added the green battery indicators.

I don't see any real difference

People have said it isn't as laggy. I don't see any real difference.

I'm getting 11-14 hours with 4-6 SOT depending on my usage. No different than before.

It's still a little laggy but nothing that bothers me in the slightest.

Placebo affect? Yeah. I think so.
    10-01-2016 06:48 AM
    Update for me, battery life of new phone is now outstanding..took a break in period I suppose. Perhaps better then my original, but that was excellent too.. In the wise words of Jem Clarkson, "near as makes no difference"
    10-01-2016 07:41 AM
    My replacement seems somehow slower, more lag starting apps. I disabled all the same items on my last Note7. Not sure if it's a one off but I'll wait a week to see if I can't fix it. It's going back.
    10-01-2016 12:25 PM
    Just wanted to ask....

....is anyone taking any precautions just in case a battery somehow, someway does ignite in these new replacement devices?? I would hate to wake up with my nightstand on fire.
    I know and understand why nobody wanted to answer this question I posted back on the 23rd of September but I asked because I thought about how I'd feel if I had this device. For me, it would just not be worth the headache even if I did love the device. No way in hell that I or anyone could recommend this device to their loved ones or anyone for that matter.....maybe that one particular person we all hate, lol.....j/k!!

Be safe and take care everyone and if you do have this device on your nightstand before you go to bed like I do with my devices.....make sure you have it in a metal box to prevent any 'accident' from happening!
    10-06-2016 08:56 AM
    I know and understand why nobody wanted to answer this question I posted back on the 23rd of September but I asked because I thought about how I'd feel if I had this device. For me, it would just not be worth the headache even if I did love the device. No way in hell that I or anyone could recommend this device to their loved ones or anyone for that matter.....maybe that one particular person we all hate, lol.....j/k!!

Be safe and take care everyone and if you do have this device on your nightstand before you go to bed like I do with my devices.....make sure you have it in a metal box to prevent any 'accident' from happening!
    My replacement Note 7 sits on Tylt wireless charger on my nightstand while I sleep.
    rsmin likes this.
    10-06-2016 09:03 AM
    My replacement Note 7 sits on Tylt wireless charger on my nightstand while I sleep.
    I had to look that up, lol....nice!! As long as it can resist fire and not burn your place down, you're good! I think everyone with this device should take preventative measures like this.
    10-06-2016 09:08 AM
    I had to look that up, lol....nice!! As long as it can resist fire and not burn your place down, you're good! I think everyone with this device should take preventative measures like this.
    I don't consider it a precaution at all. A precaution would be not charging the phone at all while sleeping. I'm not concerned about the replacement device and not worried about a phone burning down my house. Could it happen? Sure. It could happen with any device in the house with a lithium battery.
    10-06-2016 09:14 AM
    I have a Tylt charger and love it, I also set my phone to slow charge things just seem better that way
    10-06-2016 09:14 AM
    How about no one fall asleep with their phone plugged in to charger with the phone under their pillow being snuffed..

Or charge overnight not on fast charge
    10-06-2016 09:32 AM
    Why have to concern yourself with how you charge your phone? They messed up the product, send it back and wait for the Note 8 or go back to the Note 5.

I gave it a shot and exchanged it for a SG7E and charge it anyway I want and the phone is amazing.

I have friends who are saying the new batteries are terrible. Let's just call it for what it is... A DISASTER.. move on and a new shiny toy will be along shortly
    libra89 likes this.
    10-08-2016 06:59 AM
    My replacement note was getting nasty hot, so it's gone. What a cluster all around, just to rush something to the market. Samsung's true colors came out with this junk, I'm not touching another Samsung phone. For anyone that's keeping the Note 7, I guess you like living dangerously.
    10-08-2016 08:25 AM
    My replacement note was getting nasty hot, so it's gone. What a cluster all around, just to rush something to the market. Samsung's true colors came out with this junk, I'm not touching another Samsung phone. For anyone that's keeping the Note 7, I guess you like living dangerously.
    Ya living dangerously ok. Batteries melt down in all devices all the time. Calm down man, civilization isn't over yet just because 1 replacement note 7 combusted out of thousands of Devices

(Edited by moderator)
    larry1014 and celsior360 like this.
    10-08-2016 08:48 AM
    For anyone that's keeping the Note 7, I guess you like living dangerously.
    libra89, al3azim and celsior360 like this.
    10-08-2016 08:56 AM
    So there are now 3 known cases of the REPLACEMENT Note 7s blowing up, and according to Verge, a telling text message from a Samsung rep that was sent to the customer in error, stating:

Just now got this. I can try and slow him down if we think it will matter, or we just let him do what he keeps threatening to do and see if he does it

This phone is done, and will be gone from any store in short order. It baffles me why any of you would want to support a company that does this. Shame on Samsung.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-09-2016 06:49 AM
    They are not blowing up. Go back to your iPhone that you have used for years and enjoy.

Incredulity is a dish better served with iPhone users
    Milt K, rsmin and dadsterflip like this.
    10-09-2016 09:32 AM
133 ... 3456